• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011 edited
    Very interesting, different premise for a change. Looks fantastic.

What do you think?

trailer:
    http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/anonymous/trailer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011
    If his current favourite composer writes the music then it will be the most appropriate name for a score that there has ever been.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I'm interested, but I don't expect much yet. Roland is in general great with big effects and action set pieces, and as expected he seems to have created a great Victorian England with his computer, but he's not the greatest teller of stories or actor-director. I applaud the fact that he tries something completely different for a change, his second attempt after The Patriot early on, and I'll wait for the film for my judgement. We'll see.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    If his current favourite composer writes the music then it will be the most appropriate name for a score that there has ever been.

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That was awful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    That was probably one of the worst trailers I've seen in a long time.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Southall wrote

biggrin again.

As for the trailer, it looks... strange.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    My instant reaction was rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hm...interesting. Care to elaborate what put you off so much? the premise, the plot? or something entirely else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm a big Emmerich fan, so looking forward to anything he comes up with.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    I'm a big Emmerich fan, so looking forward to anything he comes up with.

Me too. By the way, the Kloser/Wander bash is useless. Emmerich is not going to bring Arnold back. And I'll be honest, the theme for The Day After Tomorrow is one of the reasons why I've started to notice and like movie soundtracks.
  2. Oh, I forgot. This movie is the reason why Rhys Ifans is the villain of the Spiderman reboot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011 edited
    The first thing that put me off... A FILM BY ROLAND EMMERICH. suicide

The second... the opening shot of New York. Good grief... someone needs to shoot some NEW New York broll because the helicopter shots are deathly boring.

Next, the music. Absolutely the wrong choice of music. That modern day horse crap with images from a tale told in 1500's is wrong, wrong, wrong.

The editing itself felt amateurish.

And the story itself - while it's been a hotly debated topic as to whether or not Shakespeare did indeed write his plays, sonnets and poems that opening scene came off as if it was a new revelation. It came off unintentionally funny and pretentious.

In any case, it's good to see Emmerich doing more of a straight forward drama than action blockbuster. I think his best looking film was The Patriot so hopefully a more serious drama will offer some gorgeous photography... minus the New York establishing shots.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011
    yonythemoony wrote
    Emmerich is not going to bring Arnold back.

Quite possibly the biggest mistake the man ever made.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    yonythemoony wrote

-Erik-

Absolutely is, but I have to say my problem isn't that the music is not by David Arnold (there is a lot of wonderful film music and most of it is not by David Arnold, though some of it is), it's that it IS by Kloser/Wander, people who seem to have no aptitude whatsoever for film scoring, but particularly no aptitude for scoring the kind of film that Emmerich makes. The Day After Tomorrow was OK (the other two were terrible) but it was a film which could have had a score which was far, far more than OK.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, after the day after tomorrow, it was all continuous downhill for Kloser. He should stop screen-writing and whatever else he ventures in, and focus on the music.
  3. Southall wrote

Kloser?

moon
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2011
    No, the score will not be called Kloser.
  4. Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    yonythemoony wrote

-Erik-

Absolutely is, but I have to say my problem isn't that the music is not by David Arnold (there is a lot of wonderful film music and most of it is not by David Arnold, though some of it is), it's that it IS by Kloser/Wander, people who seem to have no aptitude whatsoever for film scoring, but particularly no aptitude for scoring the kind of film that Emmerich makes. The Day After Tomorrow was OK (the other two were terrible) but it was a film which could have had a score which was far, far more than OK.

Why did Emmerich hire these two after having absolutely gobsmacking music for his first four feature films? By actual composers no less... That's something I'll never understand.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.