• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011
    Usually thrilled with this man's work. Looks very similar (aesthetically) to Antichrist, another fabulous film by him. What do you think?

trailer:
    http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/me … ia/trailer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    How he ends the trailer with that title card, it certainly seems as if he's creating some kind of trilogy of despair (together with that other film he's currently prepping, forgot its name).

AntiChrist looked breathtaking in turns, and it was certainly intriguing, so I expect this film to be the same (minus the provocative mutilation scenes, though). Although... he also said this would be bleaker than AntiChrist, so... At least he makes his audience feel something, be it outrage, shock or emotion, and that's pretty rare nowadays with the current cinema du compromise. I'm game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011 edited
    " At least he makes his audience feel something, be it outrage, shock or emotion, and that's pretty rare nowadays with the current cinema du compromise. I'm game."

You are so right.

Lack of emotion and audience emotional response is the norm these days. He's the contrary.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I saw the trailer a few weeks ago, and thought it looked absolutely fantastic. Like a cross between ARMAGEDDON and Thomas Vinterberg's Dogme film FESTEN. Doesn't look anything like ANTI-CHRIST, IMO, but very, very interesting.

Looking forward to it very much.

And how about that Wagner music in the trailer, eh? Pretty cool.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011 edited
    Well, the extreme slo-mo's, as well as the shots of Dunst in the grass, naked, bathing... awww.

Mmm.
    Sigh.
    <...>

Erm, where was I? Ah, right, that certainly has echoes of AntiChrist. But I think the link is more thematically here (since Melancholia lacks the down and gritty horror vibe) of people breaking down emotionally and heading towards a certain doom that Von Trier seems fascinated with lately. Cheerful lad, he is.