• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011
    Very interesting project, from the director of some brilliant movies.

Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyF_TsAy … re=related

Music is by Stephen Warbeck.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    You say "some brilliant movies" but I think there's only one, really - his first one. Some of the more recent ones have been painful. Even The Mission is equal parts astonishing (the music, the scenery) and abysmal (everything apart from the music and the scenery).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I thought the killing fields and the mission was brilliant. But he directed his fair share of nicht so gut films too i'll give you that...i forgot about vatel and captivity. Still, what do you think of this new one?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, THE KILLING FIELDS is a superb film but the rest have been variable and mostly poor.

The music in that trailer was appalling, just like every other trailer these days, what-a-crock-of-shit!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    How someone could make a film as incredible as The Killing Fields and then go down that career path is beyond me. Vatel was atrocious. I haven't seen The Scarlet Letter - not sure I should.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I was really surprised that he did CAPTIVITY. Don't get me wrong, I like the film - a very effective thriller. It's just hard to imagine that it comes from the experienced hand of Joffe, who's mostly known for the historical dramas. Proves he can do anything, so this should be intriguing, to say the least.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. May I be the first to congratulate you on the length of this thread title. While it is a little scant on biographical detail on Mr Joffe, including a link to his wikipedia profile in the thread title would have been going overboard.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011
    smile
    I am extremely serious.