• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2011 edited
    The composer behind the famous Inception trailer music from last year, Zack Hamsey.

http://soundworkscollection.com/zackhemsey

Video documentary on his work and small interview.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2011
    Isn't it Zack Hemsey?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2011
    Indeed, thanks for noticing Ant smile

I am listening to his empty room 2010 album as we speak, a nice combinatio of pop, hip hop and world music. Promising artist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2011
    That doc made it sound like Hemsey's trailer music is what inspired Zimmer's soundtrack. True? Or was it the other way around? I'm sure we've been over this, but I never figured it out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011
    Zimmer said it was a creative process between him, Hamsey and other rc composers working at the trailer and movie at the time but with no precise borders (who did what).
  1. I think, pictured, that looks like Lucy running about while pies are shooting out of the machine and splattering on the floor.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2011
    Zack just released a Mind Heist album with 6 versions of the track. It's actually pretty neat to see how he reworks it.

http://music.zackhemsey.com/album/mind-heist
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2011
    O h J e s u s! Everything that I hate about these wanna be film composers without any formal musical education, pounding at their keyboards was brought to the forefront in that depressing 8 minute video.

vomit

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2011
    Well, a lot of well-known composers aren't formally educated either, not that i am comparing of course wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2011
    It's not just that... but when he starts talking about "building"his music starting with drones and atmosphere and computerized garbage...

double vomit

Not every one can be a film composer but anyone can take samples put it together in Garageband and call it "music."

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. How do you think fresco-based artists with their elaborate techniques and teams of assistants felt a few hundred years ago when the canvas was invented, making it possible for anyone to be an artist? One didn't even have to start with a plan -- you could find your work along the way to an extent. In the end, the new form came into being for a reason. Technology tends to make art more democratic, taking opportunities previously clustered in the hands of a few and allowing 'any old johnny come lately' to do his thing. Many artists continue to work in the legacy forms, while they remain viable. Others adapt to use the tools that will be the core of the next generation's work.

(Similar alternatives -- with 'iphone' and 'imovie' now within the reach of so many of the indulgent youth of the west, you're going to get a lot content that reeks of carelessness. The upside is, the Mozart of filmmaking may finally be able to exist, since even children can access these tools.)

Analogies owe something to Walter Murch - In the Blink of an Eye
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2021
    After influencing the whole world with his "BRAAAAAHM" effect for the INCEPTION trailer, why didn't Hemsey's career take off? Has anyone taken notice of any Hemsey scores in the last few years?
    I am extremely serious.
  3. I did a review of his score to a short film he was involved in. But that was back in 2013. Haven't heard much - if anything - from him since then.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn