• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2011
    Anyone else had trouble logging on today?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Go to SAE; they got the explination.

EDIT: FSM does not -- wasn't that was earlier; refresh.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes. I can't access at all.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Try back in 30 minutes, Thor.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    You've finally been banned, Thor! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    About bloody time! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2011 edited
    FFshrine counterattacked biggrin
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011
    The site and board's been down for a couple of hours again.

You never know how dependent you are on something before it's gone.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011
    Just found out myself
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011
    Anyone else experiencing the board slow as molasses today? (right now not working at all).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  3. A lot of sites are running a bit slow at the moment - but not this one! dizzy
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    A lot of sites are running a bit slow at the moment - but not this one! dizzy

That's because this is a sloooow place where I can travel to Thailand and back without a new post appearing. So slow that the interface always runs at optimum speed.

All around us (FSM, Lalaland etc), crazy havoc has occured over the new releases, which makes the sites run slow.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    All around us (FSM, Lalaland etc), crazy havoc has occured over the new releases

Why? confused It's not all that interesting, aside from the great Conan The Destroyer rerecording (and that one I really mainly fancy because it also includes the Sword & Sorcery show music. I have the original, but the quality is so-so.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Thor wrote
    All around us (FSM, Lalaland etc), crazy havoc has occured over the new releases

Why? confused It's not all that interesting, aside from the great Conan The Destroyer rerecording (and that one I really mainly fancy because it also includes the Sword & Sorcery show music. I have the original, but the quality is so-so.)

I don't know why. Several of them already have perfectly fine releases.

But I AM happy for SCROOGED, of course, which was previously unreleased (except a suite). Ordered that. But hardly the gobsmacking orgy that takes place elsewhere.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2011
    Martijn wrote
    Thor wrote

For some reason the magic of Conan The Destroyer doesn't touch you like it does me? confused
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    nor i
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2011 edited
    The Destroyer is to me a 'special' little clone of The Barbarian.
    Aside from one truly fantastic bit in Chamber Of Mirrors, it never enraptured me.

I'll be absolutely fascinated to hear what the rerecording sounds like as much of my "meh" attitude stems from the VERY poor performance on the original, but so far The Barbarian is like the pinnacle of film music, pretty much untouchable and lonely at the top, beyond any reasonable human potential of actual quality measurement, while The Destroyer is about a 3.5 stars, which in itself is quite a good rating.
    Just not superhuman.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    As a listening experience I'd give DESTROYER a 5/5, I love every bit of the score, especially the magical/mystical/mysterious sounding tracks.

Of course, by this criteria I must now give CONAN THE BARBARIAN a 10/5 wink
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011
    It's not working for me either.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011
    Same here. It's been going down quite a bit lately.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2012
    And now AGAIN! This is getting ridiculous. And whenever someone points this out at FSM, Lukas just complains about his lack of money and that we should stop complaining too because it's a free service to us.

Grumble, grumble....
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    And now AGAIN! This is getting ridiculous. And whenever someone points this out at FSM, Lukas just complains about his lack of money and that we should stop complaining too because it's a free service to us.

Grumble, grumble....

He has a point Thor. Bregt and I are looking to set up a messageboard for Film Music: A Neglected Art
    Tom
  4. Yes, hasn't loaded for me either in the passed ten or so minutes. I just got online.

Thor, it's "too busy". Try back in 30 minutes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What would scare me is that if the FSM board was taken away then this place would get quite a bit of traffic.
  5. What, you don't want dan the man, YOR HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE, and Ford A. Thaxton as regular members? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2012 edited
    Timmer wrote
    What would scare me is that if the FSM board was taken away then this place would get quite a bit of traffic.

Oh no, please. When that happens, I quit!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

Oh no, please. When that happens, I quit!

True, I wouldn't want all the lunatics from that place over here. That being said, this place COULD do with a bit more traffic. The activity is what still keeps me to FSM, because scouring through the new posts here doesn't take me more than 5-10 minutes every day.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote

Grumble, grumble....

He is Jesus. But why are you still fsm-ing if it bothers you?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote

Grumble, grumble....

He is Jesus. But why are you still fsm-ing if it bothers you?

As I just said above, I need the extra film score talk fix every day. The daily pleasure of this place is over in 5-10 minutes! smile
    I am extremely serious.