• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2012 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    What, you don't want dan the man, YOR HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE, and Ford A. Thaxton as regular members? tongue

Isn't Ford already registered here?

There are some great folks at the FSM board who would be fine contributers here, I've even tried to entice a few of them but to no avail ( Tall Guy, Graham Watt, Joan Hue and a few others ).

EDIT : I see Ford isn't registered here. He was a member at the Andy's ScoreReviews.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    What, you don't want dan the man, YOR HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE, and Ford A. Thaxton as regular members? tongue

Isn't Ford already registered here?

There are some great folks at the FSM board who would be fine contributers here, I've even tried to entice a few of them but to no avail ( Tall Guy, Graham Watt, Joan Hue and a few others ).

EDIT : I see Ford isn't registered here. He was a member at the Andy's ScoreReviews.

I've been trying to get Tall Guy/Chris here too, as I think he would really fit in with the humour, style etc. (better here than at FSM), but it seems like he has limited time on his computer (largely occupied by his daughter), so he prioritizes that place. Too bad.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012
    hard to guess what will happen at this point
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Precisely NOTHING at this point Tom wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Somehow I think you're right Tim. The magazine will go on with the forum for another year.
    Tom
  1. IF you all want a good fun read, with some great stories, like oneso n Rosenman, then look at this:
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/daily/a … leID/6766/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2012
    That *was* quite interesting! Thanks, Justin.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2012
    I know some of you are sick of reading about FSM aka "Drama Queens Monthly" controversies (looking at you, Demetris), but I just can't help but be fascinated by them sometimes. And I want to share them here for public amusement. LeHah has been on my ignore list for a long time, but someone quoted what he said in a recent thread about the upcoming DARK SHADOWS/Tim Burton film, and here's how it goes.

First I said:

"I have zero interest in checking out the old tv show, but I have LOTS of interest in the upcoming film. Not as a DARK SHADOWS film, but as a BURTON film."

Then he replied:

"Translation: I am an asshole and being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian and have no personal experience with anything to do with the show or the topic and have nothing to add to this thread outside of the simple pleasures of gently stroking my narcicist ego. Thank you and good night."

biggrin

Ah, what would life be without FSM?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He loves you really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think so, yes.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2012
    The site seems to have issues again. Or is it only me? It's been that way for quite a few hours now.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2012
    Nevermind, I see that David Sones confirmed the trouble in a recent facebook update. They're working on it. Nothing to see here, folks...move along, move along.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2017
    The FSM messageboard has been down all the day for me. Anyone else?
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Works fine for me. They must have blocked your IP. biggrin wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he...."about time", as I said earlier on in this thread.

But now it works for me too. Cheers!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Damn.

so close
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    me too
    Tom cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Greetings earthlings, it is I, Ricky Nelson. Hello Mary Lou! Goodbye heart.

PS I have been drinking Heavily. For many hours. Get me to the
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Many poppadoms have been consumed
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2017
    Southall wrote
    Get me to the

doctor?
    finals?
    church on time?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2017
    the wife is waiting!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2021
    I'm thankful that my FSM log-in issue was solved. Who here, except Alan, still checks out FSM once in a while?
    I am extremely serious.
  4. I have a subscription to the magazine, but I've never participated in the forum.
  5. Filmscoregirl wrote
    I have a subscription to the magazine, but I've never participated in the forum.

I have a subscription too but I only occasionally read it! I very much preferred the physical magazine.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. I am with you Alan! I don't read it much either. I don't have an e-reader/Kindle and don't really like reading online in my browser, so I mainly scan the score/composers that are included in the issue when it comes out and only read if it's something I'm particularly excited about. I definitely used to read it cover-to-cover when it was the print edition. What a shame!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2021
    I have ALL of the print editions since the very first one-page newsletter in 1990(?) up untill the last one in 2005 (which, as it happens, also included the first part of my own Elfman buyer's guide -- second part in their first online edition). They're very useful for reference and research. But for some reason, I could never justify continuing the subscription with the online version. Maybe something with the notion that online material should be free and available. So there's 16 years worth of material there I've never read. Anything good in those years? smile
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Not sure. I have not read much of the stuff.

For me, I had problems with the technology with some videos or audio content that appeared in the early online issues. That put me off going back regularly since I couldn't access the most interesting things.

And, with drifting away early on, I just didn't bother being a regular reader. And I never cancelled my subscription.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2021
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    And, with drifting away early on, I just didn't bother being a regular reader. And I never cancelled my subscription.

So you've just paid for something you've never really used? It reminds me of people (including myself, at times), getting gym subscriptions, only never to use it. It's what we call "support membership" in Norway.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2021 edited
    Yes, I suppose that it is "support membership". But it's a 'cause' that I have a strong connection to and I don't mind contributing in some way to supporting the online version of the magazine. I could think of it as a sort of early Patreon effort?

A quick back-of-the-envelope calculation suggests I have paid about £900 in subscriptions over the past 16 years or so. I do have an online magazine subscription for work but I rarely access it regularly (it comes out monthly) but there are times when I need full access to it to read articles that I couldn't see otherwise. So, although I don't use it frequently, when I do need it, the access is there.

The FSM magazine is nothing like that in terms of the necessity for access but it is there if I want it. I just don't feel the need to access it very often (though I did need it when I was trying to find an article from the paper version that detailed the chronological order of the expanded James Bond scores that came out years ago.)

Maybe my lack of interest in reading the magazine has been an indirect symptom of what I think of the general state of the majority of music being written for film today. There's little of interest stimulating me to seek out more information.

But that's a pre-formed opinion based on little fact as to what is actually in the magazine.