• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012 edited
    LSH wrote:
    It's about time I posted something positive since being fired a couple of months ago.

I've just started a new job as a supervisor at a swanky upmarket bar and eatery in Birmingham city centre. It's a fantastic little place with great food, an impressive range of beers, wines and cocktails - and I've got some absolutely lovely people working both under and above me. Great atmosphere.

So now I'm back on my feet at last. cool

It sounds like you are really happy with the job Lee. cheesy
    Often the loss of one thing means a new start of something else. Congratulations with the job!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012
    Well done Lee! cheesy

No London then?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LSH wrote
    It's about time I posted something positive since being fired a couple of months ago.

I've just started a new job as a supervisor at a swanky upmarket bar and eatery in Birmingham city centre. It's a fantastic little place with great food, an impressive range of beers, wines and cocktails - and I've got some absolutely lovely people working both under and above me. Great atmosphere.

Sounds great, congrats! I'll let you know if I'm in the area, and I'll stop by.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote

cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I was listening to a cassette tape of Henry Mancini/Peter Gunn in my car and I realized one of the reasons for cassette was car use and they actually sounded quite good. When I get away from the higher end audio the dynamic range fits the system well.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  1. LSH wrote

that's excellent news Lee, hope you can stay there for a long time beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2012
    glad you're back working again also
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2012
    Thanks everyone. The hours are long and extremely unsocialable though - 13-14 hour shifts at the weekend. But being somebody who is extremely shit with money, it means I'll be saving quite a bit from not going out! Which is about time!
  2. Every once in a while, the Best of Craigslist listing provides something really funny. And here it is:
    http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/se … 85438.html
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. This is the nerd in me showing through...I've been writing an (work-related) article over the last few weeks and now I have to collate all 80+ references. The references need to be in numerical order as they appear in the article rather than just using the name/year format. This makes it a pain to get them all together and in the right order in the article and in the reference list.

But, you know what, I really enjoy doing this sort of thing.

Now I have to go through them all again and make sure that the references are in the correct layout for where the article is likely to be submitted to...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2012
    This! http://icanhascheezburger.com/2012/05/2 … tion-ever/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012
    Meh, wasn't sure how to spend my day today. So I decided to go birding. I went out to take a few birdy pictures at my favourite bird location. To my surprise when I got there there was a TV crew and about 20 bird watchers. Apparently at the location I had coincidentally chosen, there was a super rare bird that hadn't been seen in Denmark since 1985, called the collared pratincole. People had travelled from across the country to see this extremely rare bird, and I just showed up by coincidence. I got some pictures of it, and even got recorded live onto the day's news.

Funny how days sometimes turn out.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cool! I'd love to see the clip, if there is one. You're such a 'rare bird' yourself, Peter, that none of us have you seen you alive. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012 edited
    Hehehe. Well, the reporter who was talking during the segment mentioned afterwards that the clip might become available online. I'll post it here if I manage to find it.

Anyway, one of the bird watchers I stood next to immediate got a text message from a friend saying "I just saw you on TV!". So it was apprently a big event that was showed live across the country.

Peter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Case in point, I didn't expect that!

Peter cheesy
  4. I have been extremely tired the last couple of weeks, and I have had no time to breathe and actually take a break.

So my body kinda told me I had to: it gave me 3 migraine attacks in one week.

So why do I post this in this thread you might wonder? Well because I have decided to actually take a break.
    I have contacted a friend, who had repeatedly told me I was always welcome to visit him in his sunny country.
    And look: apparently the first week I was actually able to take a break, falls right in his holiday as well.

So now I'm looking forward to a small week of R&R, with a friend I haven't been able to see enough.

Life can be beautifull (if only we can find an affordable hotel begin July, that might get tricky)...

Keep you posted....
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012
    Good for you Elin! I think some of us were starting to get worried!

What does R&R mean? Rest and relaxing? Where is it going?
    Kazoo
  5. Bregt wrote
    Good for you Elin! I think some of us were starting to get worried!

What does R&R mean? Rest and relaxing? Where is it going?

Rest and relaxation it is, and the where depends on where we find a hotel. But lets just say the North-Spanish region (cough Catalonia cough)...

And just so you know, you were not the only one getting worried. If I hadn't called it quits now, I probably would have been heading direction burn-out.
    Now I can't have that. Not before I finish my PhD biggrin .

but as it is R&R I won't CouchSurf this trip... Just a decent good hotel, preferably with a pool but close to the sea, so I can go snorkling...

E.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nice!

Have a great trip, Elin. Balsam for the soul!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Spain?
    Really?
    shocked

I'd never have thunk!

;-)
    Have fun, Elin.
    Hope you'll be able to relax a bit, and refind a much needed balance in your life!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012 edited
    Thunk? uhm

What doth thou mean by thot now!!!!! angry

I'm trying, really, but you make no sense!
    Kazoo
  6. have I ever said how much I adore this emoticon uhm
    Just absolutely perfect...
    And I'm not gonna clarify what Martijn is hinting at...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    I'm trying, really, but you make no sense!

To Elin (and quite possibly a certain other party on the board) I make eminent sense, dear boy.
    biggrin
    :sherlock:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012 edited
    Martijn wrote
    :sherlock:

Bregt, I want this emoticon! Don't care about the price.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    As long as I get all the credit and all of the rewards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, and HELLO Marselus!
    Fancy meeting YOU here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    Oh, and HELLO Marselus!
    Fancy meeting YOU here!

Oh I'm everywhere, you know....not in GOD's way, sure, but I am watching you all....constantly.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  7. Martijn wrote
    Oh, and HELLO Marselus!
    Fancy meeting YOU here!

Is there a sarcastic/ironic emoticon out there?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin

I do so love an appreciative audience.