• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2012
    Surgery of grandma went very well. She ate all the food of the whole room though!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Ooooh! Goldsmith's Star Trek: The Motion Picture set from La-La Land Records has shipped!

I'll be interested to know when it arrives ( your shipments always seem to arrive at your doorstep first slant )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Surgery of grandma went very well. She ate all the food of the whole room though!

Good to hear! beer <--tea
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Bregt wrote

excellent to hear
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Bregt wrote

fireworks smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote

beer kiss
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote

Good to hear there's blance to the Force, chum! Very pleased for you!
    beer hug bounce fireworks bhangra
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Bregt wrote

Happy to hear that, Bregt.
    So what did they feed her?
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  3. I have to say, I have the best cousin in the world.
    for those who are coming to the WSA, you'll meet him, as he will be there as well.

Anyway, what did he do for me today?
    Well, he knows I've been 'under the weather' lately (too many migraines and way too much PhD and work related stress). So when he asked when he could come over, I told him this evening, but that he couldn't keep me up too late, as I need my rest right now.

His solution is to give me a fabulous relaxation/indulging evening.

He is now preparing me paella, while he had my entire house decorated with candles, including the bathroom, which had a bath tub filled with hot water and a computer playing relaxing meditational music. After a nice soaking in the hot tub I came down to have a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and some home made apetizers.

I'm writing this message while I'm waiting for dinner to be served.

What more does a girl need?

Well, I can answer for myself: nothing right now.

Life is great.
  4. smile well, that's definitely a pleasant surprise, enjoy it girl, you deserve it kiss
  5. Update: the paella was great...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012
    cheesy punk

A big bravo for your cousin. Enjoy the evening!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012
    Paella? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! lick
  6. Maybe I should ask him to do the cooking for our WSA MT gathering?
  7. this small video, might not mean much for non sports fans, but it did mean much for those who met HIM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0OzSpzYe6I

Must say, the shot with the boy is so lovely smile
  8. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    this small video, might not mean much for non sports fans, but it did mean much for those who met HIM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0OzSpzYe6I

Must say, the shot with the boy is so lovely smile

It's a bit too commericial for me.
    Also, I understand true love for an idol. I just don't understand why Beckham deserves to be held up to that level. There is too much fakeness surrounding the dude that I don't get what makes him stand out.
    Could also be because I'm not much af a soccer fan.
    But still, as a Belgian it's impossible to steer completely away fromt he sport (as you might agree with me).
  9. the thing is, what is Bear McCreary appeared like that? Or another composer? Then we score fans would be glad and so surprised, simply because we idolize him.

I remember the moment with Trevor Jones in Gent, with a little bit of time to chat and even a picture.
    it's a small thing for them, a big thing for those who receive it

you have to see the grand picture of it, a person you normally never meet suddenly becomes a person you can touch and talk to for several minutes smile
  10. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    the thing is, what is Bear McCreary appeared like that? Or another composer? Then we score fans would be glad and so surprised, simply because we idolize him.

I remember the moment with Trevor Jones in Gent, with a little bit of time to chat and even a picture.

you have to see the grand picture of it, a person you normally never meet suddenly becomes a person you can touch and talk to for several minutes smile

Thomas,

I said it before: I understand the idolisation thing, I just
    a) didn't like the commercial NIKE feel of the little film.
    b) I don't get why Beckha is idolized.

But yeah suren put Ennio Morricone behind a curtain and have him play the harmonica piece of Once upon a time in the West, or let Shore play the recorder piece of Concerning Hobbits, etc and you'll have me geek out...

I'm just saying that little film, didn't make my day, sorry...
  11. Skating_Lientje wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    the thing is, what is Bear McCreary appeared like that? Or another composer? Then we score fans would be glad and so surprised, simply because we idolize him.

Thomas,

I said it before: I understand the idolisation thing, I just
    a) didn't like the commercial NIKE feel of the little film.
    b) I don't get why Beckha is idolized.

But yeah suren put Ennio Morricone behind a curtain and have him play the harmonica piece of Once upon a time in the West, or let Shore play the recorder piece of Concerning Hobbits, etc and you'll have me geek out...

I'm just saying that little film, didn't make my day, sorry...

you don't have to apologize, I just felt it made my day because it shows a small moment in a person's life can be changed by something so simple, and considering I'm a football fan, I enjoyed it from the fan perspective as well
  12. What made my day?

Well, seeing that Miya, Bregje and I are online at the same time.

Hi girls wave

Now we are only missing Stavi to have supremacy of the board for once...

E.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2012
    Here I am! Just got back so I'm a little late BUT don't forget my dear girls (and remember my dear boys) that we have the supremacy of the the board anyway! wink
    kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  13. Stavroula wrote
    Here I am! Just got back so I'm a little late BUT don't forget my dear girls (and remember my dear boys) that we have the supremacy of the the board anyway! wink
    kiss

Hi Stavi,

I like the way you think biggrin

hug

Elin
  14. And I like that there are women on this board. I really like that. One of them happens to be now one of my very best friends.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  15. PawelStroinski wrote
    And I like that there are women on this board. I really like that. One of them happens to be now one of my very best friends.

Hi Pawel,

I also like the fact that there are men on this board. kiss

And seriously, I also have some 'true loves' on this forum.
    It's a place where really integer, deep feeling human beings connect.

I am happy and proud to be one of its inhabitants...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Skating_Lientje wrote

It's a place where really integer, deep feeling human beings connect.

Except for when Hans Zimmer is mentioned wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  16. I think this particular board is very laid back about this particular composer, which I like smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thank God the loonies are over Facebook now, not in here wink
  17. That's pretty much it, yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Demetris wrote
    Thank God the loonies are over Facebook now, not in here wink

Indeed, I ended up soooo tired of the long, visceral, rude discussions on the MovieMusic message board every single time Zimmer composed the music for a film.

Much better a fun, intelligent, and at the same time enriching view on things....excatly what happens on MainTitles beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, over-discussing music and especially...fighting (!) over it, drives all the fun away. Stopped doing it long ago smile All you need is sit back, relax, open your ears and eyes, enjoy. As simple as that. Thank God the most vivid fangirls and fanboys are slowly finding their ways out of mt.