• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Me too, actually.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Off to see "my accountant" later. I never thought I'd ever say that!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2011
    The guy who serves me coffee every day at work is called Khan.

KHAN!
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    We had a Canadian MainTitles get-together today. I went over to Erik's house and we hung out for about an hour and a half, and he gave me a lot of free CDs (which is very much appreciated!).

By the way, the Wind and the Lion suite was City of Prague under James FitzPatrick.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Damn! I just got that remark. All I can say is don't knock it until you've tried it.

If ever any of you are in North Wales I know what I will be serving up! Haggis, neeps and tatties followed by cranachan.

But don't let that put you off!

I've had some poor haggis in my time, but some beautiful haggis too. I hope you'll be serving the latter!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    KevinSmith wrote
    By the way, the Wind and the Lion suite was City of Prague under James FitzPatrick.

Was it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Southall wrote
    The guy who serves me coffee every day at work is called Khan.

KHAN!

I agree.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote
    We had a Canadian MainTitles get-together today. I went over to Erik's house and we hung out for about an hour and a half, and he gave me a lot of free CDs (which is very much appreciated!).

Erik? As in Mr Woods!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

Erik? As in Mr Woods!?

Yes, we live half an hour away from each other.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    More details, sounds like a great time.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2011 edited
    KevinSmith wrote

punk

Next time we need to take a picture... and have Bregt ship over some kazoos!

Kevin came over to pick up a package and we had a good chat in the basement while my son tried his very best to be the centre of attention! "Look what I can do! Let's build a fort! Etc, etc, etc." As we were looking through some of my CD's I found a second copy of Debney's Predators still in the shrink wrap. I gave it to Kevin. That sparked a search for more duplicate CD's that I was more then happy to give to a good home. Instead of gathering dust in a box under my stairs Kevin can love them, cherish them, and spin them for many more years to come! Like Kevin said, we only live about 30 minutes from each other and I hope that we get a chance to hang out again soon!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wow, that's great to hear. A Canadian MT meeting and music exchange. Fantastic! cheesy

As the community page states, kazoo's can only be directly obtained through the MT god.

Any pictures?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote
    As the community page states, kazoo's can only be directly obtained through the MT god.

Where are the icons already? :hmph:
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

punk

Next time we need to take a picture... and have Bregt ship over some kazoos!

Kevin came over to pick up a package and we had a good chat in the basement while my son tried his very best to be the centre of attention! "Look what I can do! Let's build a fort! Etc, etc, etc." As we were looking through some of my CD's I found a second copy of Debney's Predators still in the shrink wrap. I gave it to Kevin. That sparked a search for more duplicate CD's that I was more then happy to give to a good home. Instead of gathering dust in a box under my stairs Kevin can love them, cherish them, and spin them for many more years to come! Like Kevin said, we only live about 30 minutes from each other and I hope that we get a chance to hang out again soon!

-Erik-

Cool!

Remember, though: All Maintitles get-togethers must be properly documented through the art of photography. So says the rules. wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony wrote
    Bregt wrote

cry

Can you send me the image again Ant. Sorry man!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Bregt wrote

cry

Can you send me the image again Ant. Sorry man!

Third time.
    THIRD
    TIME.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Where's your personal smiley Martijn?
    You needed to think about it you said in 2009.

LOTS OF TIME.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    where's MY personal smiley? slant sad
  3. Finally getting round to cataloguing CDs in boxes...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer (and others), as I stated in the 'Funding' topic, all people who donated, can get a personal smiley. Just send in the image you want to have as a smiley only you can use.

:looza:
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    :whip:
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    :tipmyhat:

Haven't used that in ages.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote
    Remember, though: All Maintitles get-togethers must be properly documented through the art of photography. So says the rules. wink

punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. So say we all!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Where's your personal smiley Martijn?
    You needed to think about it you said in 2009.

LOTS OF TIME.

I simply haven't found a proper Wrath Of God smiley yet.
    Or a The Doom That Came To Maintitles smiley.
    Or an Exterminate! EXTERMINATE! one.

Or one with a really cute kitten. cat
    Or a Tyrannosaur.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I like the idea of a Tyrannosaur smiley that walks along the bottom line eating every smiley that ever existed followed by a bellowing belch. biggrin
  5. We were out when the postman called with my 2 new portable drives. So he left a card telling me to pick them up on Monday.

Once we were home and I had seen the disappointing card the postman drew up outside and delivered the parcel. "I thought I would just try again on my way back" (we live near the entrance to our cul-de-sac.)

I thought the days of helpful postmen had passed. Great service.
  6. Anne and I spent the day being guided around North Wales by a couple who know their birds and where to see them. Over 80 species recorded in a little over 8 hours.

It was an excellent way to spend a day. One highlight was getting caught up in the frenzy that is twitchers on the move to see a rare bird. Our local RSPB reserve reported a rare visitor: a citrine wagtail (usually found in Eastern Europe/Russia). Lots of people turned up - some travelling hundreds of miles for a glimpse of it (the only one in Wales and only the 4th time seen in Wales ever). Lots of friendly sharing of 'scopes, etc.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2011
    I've met Twitchers a few times ( even an old friend of mine is one ), I remember meeting one in Nepal, the mountains and culture were all secondary to the birds he was hoping to see.

I like the sound of what you both did today Alan, I'd appreciate doing that too.
  7. Here's a bit of a write-up by the guide organisers:

www.thebiggesttwitch.com/diary/biggestt … inewagtail

Well worth the trip. Coastal, upland, woodland habitats all within easy reach of our house!