• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Travelled up to Falkirk this morning to be measured for full kilt outfit for my brother's wedding in June. Only tried on waistcoat and jacket for size but even that was smart.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2012
    Where's your personal avatar, Hmmm? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I completely forgot!

:kilt:
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2012
    biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Travelled up to Falkirk this morning to be measured for full kilt outfit for my brother's wedding in June. Only tried on waistcoat and jacket for size but even that was smart.

What tartan is it? And does it have to do with the family?
  3. I can't remember which tartan it is - it's mostly black. Unfortunately, we don't have any ties to a particular tartan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2012
    I'm finally starting to feel better!!! This had to be the worst flu/cold stuff I've ever had in my life. The biggest problem was that it got in my eyes so I couldn't see meaning no driving or reading.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2012
    The feeling better was short lived. Right back to where I was.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Flu is exceptionally nasty Tom, I've had it twice in my life and it lays you flat out, hot & cold, hallucinatory fever, no appetite at all and so weak even going a few yards to the toilet is like a struggle up a mountain.

You have my sympathy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    These days, I'd kill for a flu.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. OK, Before I'm off to bed, I'm going to share this little thing that happened today that ended my day nicely.
    And I'm sure only people like you can understand why I'm happy about it ;-).

I got a mail from Bear McCreary, asking me if we could skype in the next 24 hours or so.

Sure I can, so I gave him my options for tomorrow, and we'll do our best to connect.
    Don't know what it's about yet, so I'm a bit curious.

I keep being amazed that this great composer keeps reaching out to me. I don't get it, but I like it and I feel honoured by it.
    I can honeestly say that I respect him as much as a composer as I do as a person, and apparently the second part holds true for him about me as well.
    I don't know what I did to deserve that, but I'm greatful for the experience.

I'm also greatful i can talk to you guys (and girls about it). Normal (read not score-geeky people) don't always get these sort of things.

OK, Elin is signing off now, need to go to bed...
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2012 edited
    Great news Elin. Good luck with the call - and don't forget to let us know as much as you can soon!

Bear's yet to ask me to call! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2012
    I wonder if he shits in the woods.
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Great news Elin. Good luck with the call - and don't forget to let us know as much as you can soon!

Bear's yet to ask me to call! wink

I'll let you know today or tomorrow (depending on when we skype) what it was all about.
    And Alan, if next time you write a raving review you maybe will get a skype request from him :p.
    Southall wrote
    I wonder if he shits in the woods.

He might. You want me to ask him for you? biggrin

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That's very cool, Elin...that he likes to keep in touch with the fans.

I'm still flabbergasted why neither Danny Elfman nor John Williams have given me a Skype call.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Remember! Always practise safe sex. Especially with bears.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

wink punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steamy hot web-sex
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    D, what's your Skype name?
  6. Thor wrote
    I'm still flabbergasted why neither Danny Elfman nor John Williams have given me a Skype call.

So am I, Thor. Why on earth wouldn't they give you a call?
    Steven wrote

ROTFLOL...
    I'm not into bestiality, thank you very much...
    I'm also not into married men (just for the record).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So, erm, what are you into?

(This topic is getting dangerously off-topic!!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. Martijn wrote
    So, erm, what are you into?

(This topic is getting dangerously off-topic!!)

Not really, what I am into also makes my day wink.

I'm into single men, rustworthy, respectful, preferably not too bad looking (I don't want to need to put a paper bag over is head to be able to be seen in public with him)...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    I'm into...rustworthy...

Me too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2012 edited
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    rustworthy

So...so...you're saying I may have a shot?? cheesy

EDIT: DAMMIT, Steven! angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well this is embarrassing. Am I becoming more like you, or is it the other way round?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I fear my highly advanced age is hampering my reaction speed. angry

DAMN you, young grasshopper.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2012
    Steven wrote
    D, what's your Skype name?

I Am not giving it to you too. Lisbeth Scott is my exclusive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2012
    I got out of the hospital and I'm home. Had more stroke issues. My hands are now numb and the strength in my leg has been cut in half. But my attitude is positive and this keeps me going.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Damn, Tom. sad

My most positive thoughs and vibes for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Damn. Can it at least not give you a break from all of this. sad

I'm glad your spirit is still strong! cheesy
    Kazoo