• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2012
    sdtom wrote
    But my attitude is positive and this keeps me going.
    Tom

That's admirable, it really is. smile

I wish you all the best.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    My thoughts are with you Tom, all power to you.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm pretty sure Thor knows and understands as he has also been sick for a long time too. Giving up is easy.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2012 edited
    sdtom wrote
    I'm pretty sure Thor knows and understands as he has also been sick for a long time too. Giving up is easy.
    Tom smile

I do very much, Tom. My limbs are functioning pretty good; it's my insides that are giving away.

I've found that booking events to look forward to, like the LA trip in August, is one way to stay sane and not giving up.

Hang in there, Tom!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    If you can make it to the coast we'll get together for sure as I'm only 3 hours away by train or car. Today I'm learning how to type all over again with numb fingers, yikes! My attitude is good so I'll definitely hang in there.
    Tom
  1. You take care of yourself Tom.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. pfff, sad to hear that Tom, hope you can stay positive and strong during these upcoming weeks
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'll try
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2012
    I'm just in the middle of a Facebook private message row with my former boss. biggrin

Someone really had to tell her how much of a colossal bitch she is, so I'm just doing my bit.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Crush your enemies, hear the lament of th....ummmm.....her husband....boyfriend....girlfriend....whatever! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm hoping by some miracle the doctor will find something tomorrow. My hands are still numb and the leg is bad.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012
    The last TV show I worked on, called TEENAGE BOSS, was nominated for a Gullruten today (Norway's equivalent to the Emmy's). I'm beginning to have a good track record now -- two wins and, if I remember correctly, three nominations. Too bad the TV career dwindled away.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    I'm just in the middle of a Facebook private message row with my former boss. biggrin

Someone really had to tell her how much of a colossal bitch she is, so I'm just doing my bit.

Tell her you have naked photos of her you're willing to exchange for a large amount of money to not get them online....wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Yesterday night I attended for the first time at a film music concert smile. It was performed by European Royal Orchestra and conducted by Gottfried Rabl. They played music from Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia, Ben Hur, Superman, Starwars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, Forest Gump, Back to the Future, Polar Express, Sleepless in Seattle, Pirates of Caribbean, Silverado. Attending to a film music concert is like a dream come true so it really made my day better smile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    punk

Varied programme, lots of different era's. I hope many concerts follow, and perhaps a film music event/festival too! cheesy
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012
    Cristian wrote
    Yesterday night I attended for the first time at a film music concert smile. It was performed by European Royal Orchestra and conducted by Gottfried Rabl. They played music from Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia, Ben Hur, Superman, Starwars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, Forest Gump, Back to the Future, Polar Express, Sleepless in Seattle, Pirates of Caribbean, Silverado. Attending to a film music concert is like a dream come true so it really made my day better smile.

Some expected and some not so expected concert choices there ( Polar Express, Sleepless In Seattle, Silverado, not exactly concert staples ), interesting. What country do you live in Cristian?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    I live in Bucharest, Romania. The concert name is Hollywood Music in Bucharest. This was the second edition, unfortunately I missed the first edition. Sleepless in Seattle was a good surprise for me because I haven't heard the score. I liked it a lot!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012 edited
    Bregt wrote
    punk

Varied programme, lots of different era's. I hope many concerts follow, and perhaps a film music event/festival too! cheesy

I'm looking forward to another film music concert and it would be great to attend at a film music event/festival!

cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cristian wrote
    I live in Bucharest, Romania. The concert name is Hollywood Music in Bucharest. This was the second edition, unfortunately I missed the first edition. Sleepless in Seattle was a good surprise for me because I haven't heard the score. I liked it a lot!

Hey Cristian, are you the same Cristian from Romania that I traded some CD's with many years ago (mainly rare stuff) of Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, Pink Floyd etc.?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Thor wrote
    Cristian wrote

Hey Cristian, are you the same Cristian from Romania that I traded some CD's with many years ago (mainly rare stuff) of Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, Pink Floyd etc.?

No, I'm another Cristian.

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I see.

Well, how's the soundtrack situation in Romania? I'm glad to see something like "Hollywood Music in Bucharest" taking place there. When I was in Romania back in 2002, such events didn't seem possible.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2012
    Thor wrote
    I see.

Well, how's the soundtrack situation in Romania? I'm glad to see something like "Hollywood Music in Bucharest" taking place there. When I was in Romania back in 2002, such events didn't seem possible.

Things start to move in the right direction, I think people are becoming more attentive to film music and now with these concerts I hope more and more people will apreciate film music. I was glad to see childrens enjoying film music at the concert.
  3. I have just corrected an error.

Up until this point I have only had tracks from the 2-CD versions of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi on my favourites playlist!

I have now also added my favourite tracks from the Anthology Boxed Set release for all three scores. This is particularly fine as the Star Wars tracks are the ones that I was brought up on when the film and score first came out.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2012 edited
    I am sat here at the moment listening to Basil Poledouris' Quigley Down Under (specifically 'The Attack') in a drambuie & wine-induced haze and I am presented with the feeling of "isn't film music great!"

Bollocks to discussions of whether or not I have seen the film or not or whether I am listening to it in a lossless or lossy form. Film music is just great music to listen to. All the rest of these peripheral discussions are just a distraction.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I am sat here at the moment listening to Basil Poledouris' Quigley Down Under (specifically 'The Attack') in a drambuie & wine-induced haze and I am presented with the feeling of "isn't film music great!"

Quite, Alan.
    Quite.

smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Alcohol does have that wonderful effect on music. I will join you! :drunk:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And me.
    NP: Soundtrack to Ashes to Ashes
    Which is pretty much the Top Of The Pops to my youth.
    cry

Wrong thread.
    Wrong sentiment
    Wrong trousers
    Wrong everything

Um.
    I shall twiddle the thingamajig on my whatispod to churn up a proper soundtrack.

EDIT: and post to the proper thread.
    Sorry.
    I was lead astray by Alan.

Damn Britons.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Poor baby don't cry! And don't blame yourself for the wrongs of the world. You have been led astray, it happens. Listen to aunty Stavroula's advice. Being with asthma and drank with rum doesn't make it less valid!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    drank with rum doesn't make it less valid!

Madam, I will have you know that it most certainly DOES!

Wait...what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I'm not so much as to be unable to give a good piece of advice. Good from my part at least. And I was just trying to console you. Sorry! I won't do it again Sir.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...