• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2012 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    I'm not so much as to be unable to give a good piece of advice. Good from my part at least. And I was just trying to console you. Sorry! I won't do it again Sir.

Consolation is always greatly appreciated.

As is rum.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2012
    You don't say! Generations of pirates have proven this to be true
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2012 edited
    Quite!

I would even be tempted to venture a 'har!' at this point.

Just as soon as I finish the last of the wodka.
    Bozhe moi.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Too much Lord of War?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2012
    Too much Lord Of Bar.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I am sat here at the moment listening to Basil Poledouris' Quigley Down Under (specifically 'The Attack') in a drambuie & wine-induced haze and I am presented with the feeling of "isn't film music great!"

Bollocks to discussions of whether or not I have seen the film or not or whether I am listening to it in a lossless or lossy form. Film music is just great music to listen to. All the rest of these peripheral discussions are just a distraction.

I approve of this post.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    QUIGLEY is a lot of fun.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    This comment from Robert Townson on Facebook has really made my day.

I'd like to encourage everyone to visit James' site, which offers valuable incite and guidance on maneuvering through the prolific careers of Goldsmith, Bernstein, Delerue, North (and so many others!) but particularly Morricone, whose volume of work can be bewildering and intimidating to those just beginning to explore the many riches.

It's always nice to hear positive responses (and happens so rarely!) but coming from someone like him, it means a lot.
  2. Congratulations James!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    This comment from Robert Townson on Facebook has really made my day.

I'd like to encourage everyone to visit James' site, which offers valuable incite and guidance on maneuvering through the prolific careers of Goldsmith, Bernstein, Delerue, North (and so many others!) but particularly Morricone, whose volume of work can be bewildering and intimidating to those just beginning to explore the many riches.

It's always nice to hear positive responses (and happens so rarely!) but coming from someone like him, it means a lot.

A well deserved 10.000,000 kudos points beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2012
    Wow, that's a great compliment James. Well done.
    Kazoo
  3. Big applause from me for getting such a compliment, James.
    Bask in this compliment for a bit longer, man.
    Enjoy the success.
    You have earned it fair and square.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  4. I had a similar day in September one and half year ago when Hans Zimmer ended up reading, and praising, my The Thin Red Line article, so yes, James, do bask in it.
  5. cool James, you deserve it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2012
    I hear Robert Mugabe is seriously ill and being treated in Singapore, I seriously hope he suffers.

On the downside there's already a monster set to replace him.
  6. Just spent a great day wandering the paths on the Great Orme (google it!) in some glorious weather: not a cloud in the sky the whole day. Great just enjoying the walk, the views and a little birding.

Took the tram down to Llandudno for lunch and had some great plaice and chips...and a very buttery Eccles cake.

Nice.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2012
    That sounds like a great day out....perhaps washed down with a beer at the end could have made it perfect wink
  7. Timmer wrote
    That sounds like a great day out....perhaps washed down with a beer at the end could have made it perfect wink

When we got back I had a bottle of Tomos Watkin's Cwrw Gaeaf, a Welsh beer of "chocolate malts...mellow fruity flavour and a bitter edge."

(And a G'n'T)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2012 edited
    ...I see you totally redeemed yourselves biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2012
    I think congratulations may be in order to franz_conrad...
  8. You are the first here to congratulate me, appropriately.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2012
    Congrats Michael. That IS good news indeed! cheesy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I shall be the first to offer congratulations on each anniversary of this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    It's Easter Sunday for the Orthodox today and I am completely and utterly drank!Oh yes! I do admit it! I'm drank and I don't know If I want to laugh my head of or cry... probably both. I'm fine though considering that I'm the only one unmarried in my family and I had to face everyone asking me when I'm going to get a move on it. But it totaly made me day telling them I'm not going to and that I'm planning to have a baby realy soon with out getting married, which is of course a lie but imagine telling that to my traditional north family! My parents of course know I'm kidding and they laughed pretty hard.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Atta Girl punk drink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    applause
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2012 edited
    We had another glorious day of weather today in North Wales - wall-to-wall sunshine. After a visit to the Great Orme on Thursday we were back out today visiting the island of Anglesey. It's Anne's last day after the Easter break and we wanted to take advantage of that as well as the good weather.

We paid a visit to the RSPB reserve at South Stack (here's a recent entry from Anne's blog of a visit to South Stack ) to see what we could see - sea birds such as razorbills and guillemots should be coming back to the cliffs soon to nest. No such luck with the sea birds this time but after a great little walk along the coast, had a spot of lunch and then we decided to move along the coast to a place called Cemlyn Bay (a favourite childhood holiday destination of Anne and her family).

Seeing some Sandwich Terns and a few waders we headed off along the Anglesey Coastal Path towards Carmel Head, to see what we could see. And if all that didn't make us feel better we were lucky enough to come across a bird neither of us had seen before but one that we wished to see very much indeed (when we were in Scotland the other day we were always keeping an eye out for this one)...

It was not the bird itself that drew our attention but the commotion it was causing. Gulls had suddenly become very agitated and had taken to the air from the ground, screeching calls and crows had begun to congregate and had started mobbing this one particular bird. Even a common buzzard had started mobbing the bird of interest. We both raised our binoculars at the large bird and were were gobsmacked to see that what was causing all the panic was a majestic osprey!! We could not believe it! We watched as it hovered over the lagoon at Cemlyn and then it dived down into the water. Unfortunately, from our vantage point (quite distant), we could not see the bird catch the fish it had seen but when it came back into view it had a fish caught by its talons. As it flew off it was mobbed by the gulls, crows and buzzard. We watched as the osprey carried its meal off, looking for somewhere in peace to eat its catch. On a fence post, on top of a telegraph pole and even on the ground it tried to find some peace to eat but it found very little peace. Eventually it got fed up and flew off out to see leaving the two of us with beaming smiles, reflecting on what we had just seen. A magical sight and such a buzz!

If anyone is interested, Anne writes a blog on our various trips around North Wales (and beyond) and I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in nature (or in what I can get up to in my spare time) -

http://localheroblog.wordpress.com/

Anne at this very minute is feverishly writing today's escapades at this moment and I will post a link when it is "live".

This certainly made my day very much a better day!
  9. As promised, Anne's blog entry on our visit to Anglesey and our encounter with the osprey.
  10. Local Hero?

Is that a reference to the movie?