• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2011
    We drive around in these huge vehicles but tell the world they are using too much gas.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2011
    We produce the finest avocados in the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2011
    We have more registered vehicles than people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You have curvy juicy sexy baywatch babes on one hand and some of the fattest people on earth (out of bad lifestyle and fast food culture).
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    You have curvy juicy sexy baywatch babes on one hand and some of the fattest people on earth (out of bad lifestyle and fast food culture).

D, I've been to Venice Beach in California where they filmed a lot of Baywatch and have to say that I was mightily disappointed, lots of seriously out of shape people ( funny enough I was in fantastic shape at the time and had every right to judge biggrin )

On the other hand I've been to South Beach in Miami, Florida, where it just seemed to be nothing but mouth-watering juicy babes, everybody seemed to be in fantastic shape, men and women ( I had every right to judge because at the time I was in appallingly bad shape sad )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Fuck. Don't tell me Baywatch was a .. l l .. lie!? My entire childhood and puberty went to gell? I got trickeD?!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    "talent" spotters go around collecting up all the sexy babes so that only those are in shot. biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2011 edited
    Timmer wroteD, I've been to Venice Beach in California where they filmed a lot of Baywatch and have to say that I was mightily disappointed, lots of seriously out of shape people ( funny enough I was in fantastic shape at the time and had every right to judge biggrin )

If you were in Venice looking for Baywatch babes, you were in the wrong place. They did a few establishing shots at Venice (where the show is actually *set*) but the majority of the filming was done at Topanga State Beach near Malibu, and then at Zuma Beach further up the coast between Malibu and Oxnard, which is quieter and much more picturesque (and will forever known to Southall and I as "Chas & Dave Beach").

The only thing you'll find in Venice are stoners, hippies, and tourists looking for where they filmed Baywatch tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2011 edited
    Whatever!

I destictly remember seeing Venice beach plenty of times on Baywatch ( not that I watched it, of course...and I wasn't looking for baywatch babes, honest guv shame wink )

An entertaining area to visit for a day, the thing I remember was being told not to go there at night and finding out the next day that two people had been shot dead in a pool bar I'd had my eye on earlier.

p.s. You don't post here often enough Jon.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2011
    Rush Hour traffic could more accurately be described as Rush Day traffic since it never disappears.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Panthera wrote
    Rush Hour traffic could more accurately be described as Rush Day traffic since it never disappears.

San Diego is also getting that way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, Jon's my man. As soon as his radar picked up juicy babes, he immediately posted! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We are very conscious of recycling.
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    Well, Jon's my man. As soon as his radar picked up juicy babes, he immediately posted! beer

One of the main reasons I moved to California wink

Honestly, I never really liked Venice. It always struck me as being a bit crusty, and it's filled with weirdos; if you accidentally walk down the wrong street, especially after dark, it just feels uncomfortable there. Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu and then up the coast towards Santa Barbara are all MUCH nicer - the same sun, sea and sand and juicy babes, but without the potential for being shot and/or sitting down on a used syringe.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If I lived there Jon, I'd be in Yosemite, The Redwoods etc as often as possible, ( James told me that you and he did part of your trip together through Yosemite ), during my two month trip I loved it so much I went back a second time and stayed for nearly two weeks hiking around, including a hike to the top of Half Dome where an approaching thunderstorm meant we had to cut short our stay at the top.

As for beaches, I loved ones that were off the beaten path, same here in the UK too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    We did. That holiday with Southall remains one of the best holidays I have ever had - not just for the places we went, but for the excellent company.

One of the most memorable single moments of my entire life (and I'm sure James will agree) was driving out of the tunnel that leads into Yosemite and seeing the entire Yosemite Valley, Half-Dome, Bridalveil Falls, just laid out there. It's one of the most majestic vistas I have ever seen in my life - up there with my first trip to the Grand Canyon, and the view of the Interlaken Valley in Switzerland. Later that day we drove past a lake, Lake Tenaya, which was equally stunning.

Too keep it on-topic I suppose that's one thing you can add to the "Good Things in California" list: scenery, mountains and lakes.

For those of you who have never seen it, this is the famous "Tunnel View" of Yosemite:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … w_2010.JPG

and this is Lake Tenaya, which James and I stood at the edge of:
    http://www.opentravelinfo.com/files/ima … review.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Jon Broxton wrote
    One of the most memorable single moments of my entire life (and I'm sure James will agree) was driving out of the tunnel that leads into Yosemite and seeing the entire Yosemite Valley, Half-Dome, Bridalveil Falls, just laid out there. It's one of the most majestic vistas I have ever seen in my life - up there with my first trip to the Grand Canyon, and the view of the Interlaken Valley in Switzerland. Later that day we drove past a lake, Lake Tenaya, which was equally stunning.

I certainly agree. I've seen a few remarkable natural sights in my life but only one rivals that first view of the Yosemite Valley we had (and that was standing on a hillside looking at the Masai Mara in Kenya and having such a clear day, you could see well into the Serengeti in Tanzania). I'm sure you remember how we marked the occasion of discovering such a magnificent vista - by opening a packet of Pringles.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2011
    Pringles? How English is that!? ( except I think they're American? )

Jon, By Interlaken I think you meant the Lauterbrunnen Valley ( an area that has a great similarity to that magnificent view after the "yosemite tunnel" ), did you take the cable car to the top of the Shiltzhorn to 'Piz Gloria' for the gobsmacking 360 degree view of the Alps? Absolutely stunning but they sure let you know that James Bond was filmed there.
  2. No, I definitely mean Interlaken, at the foot of the Matterhorn. We drove there from Meiringen where we had been doing the Sherlock Holmes waterfall thing, and we took a diversion near Brienz and ended up on a mountain pass, descending down into Interlaken. The view was sort of similar to this:

http://www.kinkaa.com/imgd/Interlaken--3288.jpg

but from a different angle and not as high. I didn't get to Piz Gloria unfortunately, although I would have liked to.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2011 edited
    Ahhhh! My bad.

That's a hell of a stunning view.

Here's the Lauterbrunnen Valley

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_a-Jl_upCAT0/S … runnen.jpg

I think you'll see what I mean when I said it bears a similarity with the view in Yosemite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We have been a good example of helping the handicapped.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt

Wow wow WOW! Spectacular.
    Kazoo
  3. sdtom wrote
    Tom smile

Yeah, we helped one so much we made him Governor twice! :rimshot:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Jon Broxton wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Tom smile

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote

Wow wow WOW! Spectacular.

It was one of the places I suggested for your train journey a while back wink

The downside is that Switzerland is expensive, not Norway expensive but still expensive, we camped up in the mountains for a few days, officially you're not supposed to but then, who's looking? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Jon Broxton wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Tom smile

biggrin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2011
    We do a pretty good job with no smoking. As an example our beautiful Balboa Park in the city of San Diego is a no smoking area.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2011
    We seem to offer a marathon every week
    Tom smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cool! Here, it's called Snickers now. biggrin wink lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We like our Farmers Markets and seem to have one daily.
    Tom smile