• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011
    Not being able to enjoy alcohol at the present time, makes me wax nostalgic over yesteryear.

Remember your first time? Any funny stories to share?

I think mine may have been with two of my older friends (3 years older), and we invaded his father's bar cabinet while the parents were gone. I guess I was about 16 at the time. First we got sloshed on hard licor and beer, then we went down to the harbour where we invaded a private yacht(!) in the night and sat indoors while playing a board game! Then we went back to the house. I was later told by them that at this point I was so pissed that I only spoke English! I hardly knew where I were, so they tried to carry me home, but they wouldn't let me go home like that, so they carried me back and let me spend the night at his place untill I got sobered up a bit.

Ah....good times! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I was 16 so it must have been New Years 2005. Nothing remarkable to report on my first binge, I just remember by the end of the night at the party I was at the garden pond was full of beer cans and the toilet bowl (somehow) was broken.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    it was september 2001 on my last day in the german army. i was 19 at that time. we had a great party with lots of different alcohol. i was so drunk that i woke up in the wrong room. on the next day, they told me i did a lot of shit (i wanted to pee in the cupboard), but i couldn't remember. the good thing was, on the next day i was fine. i hadn't puke and i had no headache. so my first time i got drunk had a good end. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011 edited
    I was 21 when I was drunk the first time, and it was at NYE. Good night, and I had lots of fun, with a combination of wine and beer. No hangover, no blackout (I've never had enough drinks to cause this) or any problems the day after whatsoever.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Thor wrote
    I was later told by them that at this point I was so pissed that I only spoke English!

Oh, how you've grown up by now... Last time I saw you drunk, you switched from English to Norsk. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BobdH wrote
    Thor wrote
    I was later told by them that at this point I was so pissed that I only spoke English!

Oh, how you've grown up by now... Last time I saw you drunk, you switched from English to Norsk. wink

LOL, you're right. I had forgotten about that.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BobdH wrote

At least it's a language he knows. When one starts regressing to a previous life and starts speaking old greek, that's a sure sign you've had too much.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011 edited
    As long as it's not Latin... that's when you really should be worried.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2011 edited
    I've never drank to a point where I'm out of control or completely forget what's happened. I just don't get how people can reach this stage, my body just can't get this far without making me throw up and stop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2011
    Anthony wrote
    I've never drank to a point where I'm out of control or completely forget what's happened. I just don't get how people can reach this stage, my body just can't get this far without making me throw up and stop.

That's because you're such a health freak! wink
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Anthony wrote

Agreed.

As far as I know I always remember what's been going on, never being helped home or being helped to bed. A good test is getting the key in the door after a night out and I usually pass the test. It can be quite entertaining watching everyone around you losing their faculties.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Anthony wrote

I find it very hard to reach that stage as well. I can only reach it if I drink low-alcohol beverages (~5%) for a period of 8 hours of more, which isn't a frequent occurance. If I drink normally I can get very drunk, but I'm always fully in control and always remember everything. In fact I'm so much in control that people can't even see that I'm drunk. Kinda wish I could lose control a little once in a while though.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I've been drunk - really drunk - but I still remember what's going on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Cheers to actually remembering the last and final time you got drunk. Mine was 4 years ago.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. First time was probably 1995, so I'd be 19-20. It was on a work night out at a nightclub/live music venue called the Leadmill in Sheffield. Several pints of cider, followed by several bottles of Smirnoff Ice, and chased by shots of Baileys. Not the best combination ever! Got home fine, but the following morning... oy vey. vomit

The last time I was *really* drunk was probably 2003 when I went to the pub with a few friends. Absinthe had just been made legal again in England and one of my friends (without my knowledge) was getting me pints of beer with absinthe mixes for me to drink. By all accounts I fell over in the pub car park, staggered home, and then apparently tried to have phone sex with my wife-to-be! (I don't remember any of that!)
  3. Cider, Smirnoff Ice and then Baileys!!

At least you left dessert until last. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011
    I'll have to have a think about the first time I got drunk?

The last time I got drunk ( not too badly though ) was in a field in Glastonbury last night.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I'll have to have a think about the first time I got drunk?

The last time I got drunk ( not too badly though ) was in a field in Glastonbury last night.

Going the distance before your self-imposed alcohol restriction kicks in?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hah! biggrin

Yeah! But not at Glasto where I partied hard, it's strange being back, Glastonbury is like being in another Universe where time folds upon itself. dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2021
    This topic is perhaps more appropriate for the Zoom meetings, but given that not everyone drinks during those, here's a chance to reveal your darkest secrets about your distant past.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Answering with a non-answer. I don't recall my first time drunk. As I mentioned above, I have always been lucky and haven't been adversely affected by drink. Even with my previous 'record' of 13 bacardi and cokes.

But that all changed with the three-quarters of a bottle of whisky I had at our first Zoom meeting. There's a lot of the time from when the meeting ended and the following morning I don't remember. Even how I got some scrapes and bruises.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2021 edited
    My first drunk was when I was almost 21, on NYE, with friends. They didn't insist on trying but I decided to try a glass of wine and I didn't need much to get drunk (I almost never drunk before). I remember I said that my head felt very large. Since then I get drunk now and then, but still never had an experience where I didn't know what happened anymore. That would be frightening.

Many great nights happen when there's some fine drinks on the table. Related to this group, I think one of the best nights was at Fur, the island Thor has a holiday house on. A great evening with local and Belgian beers, film music quizzing, dancy on Flemish songs and swimming in the sea.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2021 edited
    Gee whiz, Bregt. I've been missing Fur tremendously over the last year. Not sure I'll get to visit there this summer, which makes the longing even harder.

Don't forget that the swimming was at night, when we swam in those biolumiscent algae. Magic and kinda AVATAR-ish. Of course, ruined somewhat by the huge, bloody cut on my knee that we discovered upon returning to the house. I still bear the scar to prove it.
    I am extremely serious.