• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2011
    A thread for all of that and more ( though what the "more" is I don't know yet wink ), film music ( non-Ubeda, Ghent ), pop festivals etc etc.

more soon.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2012
    With the "loss" of my longtime travelling companion to household commitments, I have to do the travelling on my own. And the film music festivals are a great way to go in order to socialize.

Does anyone have an overview of the festivals this year? I know we have separate threads, but it would be neat to gather all the important dates and events into one thread.

Btw, I tried to find out about plane tickets and charter tours to Tenerife this year, but that's 100% out of the question. Too expensive and departure times that don't fit.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A big gap for me this year with no Glastonbury.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I'm gutted as well. Missed out on last year's by a matter of minutes. Will definitely get myself there next year though! Hopefully see you there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    As far as non-film music festivals go, I haven't yet decided on any. I want to go to Glastonbury at least ONCE in my life, but it won't be this year. There are some here in Norway I'd like to attend - Øyafestivalen, Hovefestivalen, Norwegian Wood and others. I would probably avoid those that are primarily for the young crowd. I'm too old to sleep in muddy tents and so on.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Thor wrote
    I want to go to Glastonbury at least ONCE in my life, but it won't be this year.

You're right there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LSH wrote
    Thor wrote
    I want to go to Glastonbury at least ONCE in my life, but it won't be this year.

You're right there!

There IS no Glastonbury this year, perhaps?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Correct.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2012 edited
    Michael Eavis has a 'fallow' year every few years to let the grounds recover from the toll of hundreds of thousands of people ( you have to remember that it's a working farm ), plus with the Olympics in London at the same time it made sense. Glastonbury returns next year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012
    Is there a site that has the overview of all film music events of the year?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012 edited
    Nice.

Thanks to that list, I was just reminded of a western-themed film music concert by the Norwegian Radio Orchestra here in Oslo this Thursday!
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    Nice.

Thanks to that list, I was just reminded of a western-themed film music concert by the Norwegian Radio Orchestra here in Oslo this Thursday!

Thor,

If you have found any concert / festival with film / game music that is not on that moviesinconcert list let us know through the button of that site. We will add it.
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012
    SiriusCreations wrote
    Thor wrote
    Nice.

Thor,

If you have found any concert / festival with film / game music that is not on that moviesinconcert list let us know through the button of that site. We will add it.

So the SST crowd is in charge of that site? Why am I not surprised (<-- meant in a positive sense)?
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    So the SST crowd is in charge of that site? Why am I not surprised (<-- meant in a positive sense)?

Well actually it was started by SST members filmflip and soundtracktreasury. 2 other SST members and I help them a little bit to add concerts and events.
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012
    SiriusCreations wrote
    Thor wrote

Well actually it was started by SST members filmflip and soundtracktreasury. 2 other SST members and I help them a little bit to add concerts and events.

Well, it's great work, so keep it up! smile

The major (remaining) events this year seem to be:

KRAKOW
    UBEDA
    TENERIFE
    JOHN WILLIAMS / HOLLYWOOD BOWL
    GHENT
    HOLLYWOOD IN VIENNA

...and then obviously a whole slew or more or less interesting concerts, as the above list suggests.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2013
    Good to see that on the stage I work on at this years Glastonbury are Chic ft. Nile Rogers, Sergio Mendes and The Orb cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2013
    THE ORB ft: Kakatsitsi

From last weekend, I'm somewhere near the front of the stage ( along with Mel and my friend Dom ) but I haven't been able to clearly spot any of us.

The Kakatsitsi band, all from Ghana, were camped next to us in backstage camping, really lovely and sweet people but very difficult trying to get my tongue around pronouncing their names.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2013 edited
    Nice! I'd love to see The Orb live.

You're so lucky to be invited back to this festival year after year.

Seems like you were lucky with the weather too.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeap! It pissed down for 5 hours on Thursday but the rest of the time was great.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Before anyone asks, NO, I didn't see The Rolling Stones.
  3. Any apparations, revelations, epiphanies, UFOs or Grails at the Tor?

Did Arthur rise to be the future king?

(I was once in Glastonbury. The trade of esoterics that is going on there is borderline rediculous. But what a wonderful place it is!)

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2013 edited
    Strictly speaking, the festival is 7 miles away from Glastonbury itself, the site being Worthy Farm belonging to festival organiser Michael Eavis, it's just as well because a festival this size would swallow a small town like Glastonbury and easily still have room for a city the size of Bath. Like Bath, Glastonbury town ( as you'd have found out ) is a bit of a tourist trap full of shops selling hippy clothes, cosmic crystals, magic healing, druids and witches and anything King Arthur that can be sold rolleyes

At the festival I always make sure I go to "the stones" on at least one early morning at around 4 AM to watch all the "Islands" in the settled mist as the sun rises over the Tor and the Sommerset levels, It is such a beautiful part of my country, to me the vale of Avalon is always a magical place.

Captain Future wrote
    Any apparations, revelations, epiphanies, UFOs or Grails at the Tor?

That depends on what you've taken dizzy wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2013 edited
    My street is closed for the St.Pauls carnival ( the 2nd biggest street carnival in Britain after Notting Hill ), lots of eye-popping sights and mouth watering semi-naked dancing women, I'll try and stick some pics on FB later or at least share some friends pics.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2013
    30c today shame <--hot
  4. Wrong thread, sorry!
  5. On retrospect: Timmer, is it possible we have both hit the wrong thread? dizzy

See: Weather thread!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Right now, several of my friends are at a rock festival in Brussels where they went to see Rammstein yesterday -- one of my favourite bands.

They've made sure to send me text messages about that fact (they even called me on the phone yesterday, and all I heard was Rammstein playing in the background before they hung up), and that they're enjoying delicious Belgian beer.

Bastards!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Right now, several of my friends are at a rock festival in Brussels where they went to see Rammstein yesterday -- one of my favourite bands.

They've made sure to send me text messages about that fact (they even called me on the phone yesterday, and all I heard was Rammstein playing in the background before they hung up), and that they're enjoying delicious Belgian beer.

Bastards!

Hahaha! biggrin

I always do that with the phone if I'm listening to a band/artist who I know a friend is a great fan of. devil