• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thor wrote
    Right now, several of my friends are at a rock festival in Brussels where they went to see Rammstein yesterday -- one of my favourite bands.

They've made sure to send me text messages about that fact (they even called me on the phone yesterday, and all I heard was Rammstein playing in the background before they hung up), and that they're enjoying delicious Belgian beer.

Bastards!

That will be Rock Werchter. Not really Brussels, but definitely one of the biggest European festivals out there. I'm sure they will be enjoying themselves beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2013
    Yeah, that's the festival.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2013
    I'm already anxious to plan another film music event. When is the next one?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013
    For those living in the U.S. (L.A.) there's a piano concert on November 12th, apparantly featuring world premiere pieces from several film composers such as John Williams and Michael Giacchino! Man, why do all cool concerts happen far, far away? smile
    http://pianospheres.org/
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013 edited
    Really? Missed that one! Will the composers be present?

I chose to go to Chicago, where I'm now, within two hours I'll go to the Symphony Center where John Williams will conduct his Violin Concerto with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, along with several of his film scores. My seat is three rows away from the front.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013
    BobdH wrote

I chose to go to Chicago, where I'm now, within two hours I'll go to the Symphony Center where John Williams will conduct his Violin Concerto with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, along with several of his film scores. My seat is three rows away from the front.

shame <envy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013 edited
    BobdH wrote

Don't know if the composers will be present. I just saw Michael Giacchino tweeting the link to the concert, but it wouldn't surprise me, if he would be present himself.

And the John Williams concert sounds awesome! punk Personally I'm hoping to go to his Hollywood Bowl concert in 2015 with a friend. A lot of planning and saving going into a trip like that... smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2014 edited
    All the interviews that I did for TIFF (Tromsø International Film Festival) are now uploaded. Click the names and take a look if you wish:

Swedish director Kjell-Åke Andersson (interview in Swedish/Norwegian) -- about the film NOBODY OWNS ME

Kurdish/Norwegian director Hisham Zaman (interview in Norwegian) -- about the film LETTER TO THE KING

Italian director Paolo Zucca (interview in English) -- about the film THE REFEREE

Norwegian director Dag Johan Haugerud (interview in Norwegian) -- about the film IT IS ME THAT YOU WANT

Icelandic director Benedikt Erlingsson (interview in English) -- about the film OF HORSES AND MEN

Kurdish/German director Hüseyn Tabak (interview in English) -- about the film YOUR BEAUTY IS WORTH NOTHING
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2014 edited
    Some BRILLIANT shots from Arcadia's gigs at Glastonbury last year ( no need to look beyond around 20 pics or so ), being there was even more awesome!

http://shotaway.com/41636/1551515/party … map=%5B%5D

I still don't know whether I'll be there this year, I never know until about a month before or so.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2014 edited
    So, I've been reviewing the upcoming film music festivals in Europe this autumn, and doing some research on the logistics of them all. This is how I evaluate it:

TENERIFE (July 4th-12th)

This is coming so soon, I hardly have time to plan anyway. But it's the same problem as always -- too expensive if you order flights and hotels separately. If you go 'charter', you're dependent on the hotel being in Santa Cruz, and most of the charter hotels are on the other side of the island. This is out -- at least this year.

CORDOBA (July 20th-28th)

This is simply too cumbersome and expensive for me. Not necessarily the hotels, which are generally cheap, but the travel. First fly 4 hours to Malaga, then I need to stay there one night, and then an expensive train to Cordoba (90 Euros roundtrip for a 50-minute ride each way!). Approximately €720 just for travel and accomodation if I stay for, like, 5 nights. Then it's the living expenses on top of that. So that's a no-go.

HELSINKI (August 29th-30th)

The Nordic Film Music Days are held in a remote hotel outside Helsinki, and there are no more rooms available. If I can get hold of a room somehow, I'll probably go. Otherwise, I won't.

PRAGUE (September 24th-26th)

I would definitely have gone to this, had it not collided with the Krakow festival. Would be nice to see Goldenthal again, for the umpteenth time. smile I considered going there for the opening concert, and then directly to Krakow the next day, but the airfare between Prague and Krakow was expensive. So that's a no-go too.

KRAKOW (September 25th-28th)

I will definitely go to this. Hopefully, the arrangers will help me with the travel and living costs since I'm somewhat involved. If they won't, I'll probably go anyway.

GHENT (October 25th)

I had hoped for more interesting guests beyond Martinez, but the social things are just as important for this festival now that I've been there so many times. If there's nothing else colliding with this at home, I'll go. Probably come on Thursday this time, and go back on Sunday. At some point in time, I wish I could be there for the whole preceding FILM festival too, and maybe interview some attractive directors.

That's it, as far as I know. Anything else? What are your plans for these?
    I am extremely serious.
  2. A few further suggestions...

GLADIATOR (Lisa Gerrard performing), Rotterdam’s De Doelen on June 21.

DAVID ARNOLD at the Southbank Centre in London on July 6.

CLINT MANSELL
    The Barbican, London, October 7.
    Le Trianon, Paris, October 8.
    RCNM Theater, Manchester, October 10.
    Glasgow Concert Halls, Glasgow, October 14.

JAMES HORNER's ‘Double Concerto‘ (for violin and cello) at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall in Liverpool on November 12th and 13th.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2014
    Yeah, one should probably add individual concerts to the list.

I intended to see Morricone in Dublin in December, but when the prices were announced, that was out of the question. Besides, now he's out with an injury anyway.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm all packed up and ready to go. We drive to the Glastonbury site early tomorrow morning, I'll be setting up our tent and equipment and then I'll be back home until Tuesday night.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Envious. I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy Glastonbury.

In fact, I have no non-film music concerts or festivals planned for the remainder of the year. I'll have to take it as it comes.

The annoying is that RIGHT NOW, as I'm typing this, Roger Hodgson (of Supertramp) plays at a festival here in Oslo. I discovered this a few weeks ago, and by then it was all sold out. I'd like to see Elton John in November, but I think everything is already sold out there too.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2014 edited
    Bummer Thor! slant

I'm well aware that I'm in a privileged position when it comes to Glastonbury, I get asked all year by various friends and even vague acquaintances if I can somehow get them in and in 16 years I've personally been responsible for getting precisely three people in.

Still, I was gutted to not be able to get tickets for Kate Bush later this year. ( for those who don't know or don't care, she did one concert tour in 1979 and that was it, nothing, nadda since! cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Still, I was gutted to not be able to get tickets for Kate Bush later this year. cry

But that was insanely hard, wasn't it? Moreso than a regular 'big act', since she's done a "Terrence Malick" and been absent from the stage for all these years?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Indeed! As you'll see from the edit to my above post.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I could have seen her on that 79 tour. A friend of mine had two tickets and his mate dropped out so he offered it to me and I said.........I said........ No!

I said no cry

It's so long ago I can't even remember the reason I said no confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2014
    I Am Knackered!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Already?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2014
    I'm surprised zero people have posted their thoughts on the upcoming 'film music festival season' (which I went through above). Are nobody planning to attend anything this year?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I spent all day sorting out things at Glastonbury festival on Friday ( hence the 'knackered' comment. And what a day it was, too boring to explain, I'll just say it was an intensely taxing and tiring day ), the thing I noted this time was that as early arrivals we didn't get checked for tickets, driving down with a large van and vehicle pass displayed in the window we were just waved through.

With enough room for another three passengers we could have just dropped all three at the festival FOR NOTHING! This, of course would have meant the three people staying on-site until everything kicks off on Thursday but hey, that's a small price to pay. Right!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Heh. I'm torn between "I'm getting too old for this shit" and "And having no further concern, he and his companions sought adventure in the West. Honor and fear were heaped upon his name and, in time, he became a king by his own hand. And this story shall also be told."
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2014 edited
    knight <--nearest to a :conan: I guess rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2014 edited
    This is pretty much the view of Glastonbury from the festival site.

GLASTONBURY TOR

Did you know that Glastonbury Festival used to be known as Pilton Pop, Blues & Folk Festival. The festie takes place in Pilton, the town of Glastonbury is actually 8 miles away. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    How peaceful it looks.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    This is pretty much the view of Glastonbury from the festival site.

GLASTONBURY TOR

Did you know that Glastonbury Festival used to be known as Pilton Pop, Blues & Folk Festival. The festie takes place in Pilton, the town of Glastonbury is actually 8 miles away. spin

Yeah, I seem to have read that somewhere.

I just hope they're able to clean up everything after each festival. That picture is gorgeous -- looks like something out of WAR HORSE.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. My sister's going to Glastonbury this year.
  4. I just found god
    I just found god
    I just found god where he always was
    I just found god where he always was

There is a green hill far away
    I'm going back there one fine day
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.