• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thor wrote
    I'm surprised zero people have posted their thoughts on the upcoming 'film music festival season' (which I went through above). Are nobody planning to attend anything this year?

Im just waiting for the moment you come to Ghent wink No other festivals for me at the moment
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2014
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote
    I'm surprised zero people have posted their thoughts on the upcoming 'film music festival season' (which I went through above). Are nobody planning to attend anything this year?

Im just waiting for the moment you come to Ghent wink No other festivals for me at the moment

I see. Thanks for the response, though. Guess I'll have to look to the people of other forums for these festivals.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2014 edited
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    This is pretty much the view of Glastonbury from the festival site.

GLASTONBURY TOR

Did you know that Glastonbury Festival used to be known as Pilton Pop, Blues & Folk Festival. The festie takes place in Pilton, the town of Glastonbury is actually 8 miles away. spin

Yeah, I seem to have read that somewhere.

I just hope they're able to clean up everything after each festival. That picture is gorgeous -- looks like something out of WAR HORSE.

The countryside around these parts is absolutely glorious, full of rolling hills, tiny hamlets, caves and streams with pretty waterfalls and one very large gorge ( Cheddar ), I've done tons of hiking around these parts, mostly in preparations for "slightly larger hills" in other countries. It is quite easy to believe this is the land of King Arthur and in the actual town of Glastonbury this will be force fed down your neck along with crystal healing, pagan rites, wicka makers, hippy clothes and mung beans.

The Festival itself is a very green operation, after I've left there'll still be people on site for at least another month cleaning up and a lot of stuff is recycled and sent to good causes. The site is a working farm, I've been down weeks later and you'd never think anything of that size had ever happened.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014
    That's good to hear.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's pretty much the ONLY festival I have any kind of interest in attending...but it's always sold out fifteen minutes before tickets go on sale. I *swear* the Cardiff time rift has a tributary running underneath.

Oh, and I do so enjoy gorging myself on Cheddar.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cheddar lick There's a special one( aka expensive ) that's matured in the caves, it be right tasty too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2014 edited
    One last attempt:

Bregt, Thomas, James, Francis, Jon and all of you who like to visit these film music festivals more or less regularly -- I'd love to know if you're planning to attend any of the ones I mentioned on the last page. It's very useful to me, since it's an extra bonus if there are people I know attending.

[Edit: you already responded, Thomas, so you're off the hook]
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I'll most definitely come to Kraków and I still hope that someone from Cordoba will reply to me. If Cordoba doesn't happen, I'd love to come to Ghent one day, but I'm not sure this year's line-up is all that fascinating for me.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2014 edited
    I don't think I have any possibility to go to Krakow this year either. The others hold no interest for me and are certainly impossible. So it'll be only Ghent for me. Unlike last year, also no concert in London. I leave London on the same day there's the Arnold concert in the evening but since no one seems to be going to that gig I will not stay a day longer.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2014
    An Arnold concert?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks to NOPA -- the Norwegian composer organization (who will help me with the accomodation) -- it appears I'm going to Helsinki after all, and hopefully get interviews with Patrick Doyle, Atli Örvarsson and Tuomas Kantelinen. It raises some questions about journalistic independence, but I stressed the fact that I would be objective in my coverage.

Cool!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Amazing, congrats!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Thor, so far I'm only doing Ghent this year, hope to see you there but understandable if you're still unsure (not the biggest of draws this year). I was tempted to go to Prague but it's basically treading familiar ground with Goldenthal & Goldsmith's material (plus I see you are doing Krakow instead).

Looking forward to your reports!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2014 edited
    I still haven't quite got my thoughts together on this years Glastonbury experience. You enter a different world from this, going in one end and coming out the other side, like a black hole but more warped wink

Does anyone here know how it was reported from the outside? The BBC always does very extensive coverage on their annual staff freebee.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2014
    A very bleary hungover me got my sorry-arse out of the tent and up to the outer reaches of the festival to go see THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO at 1.00pm on Sunday and I'm so glad I made the effort, this was excellent stuff from a 14 piece outfit ( included musicians from Portishead and Goldfrapp plus the Ondes Martinot was the actual one Barry Gray used ), man this put a smile on my face. The selections, often in the form of mini-suites were from Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 and UFO, it was great to hear plenty of incidental music included besides the fabulous themes plus some of those memorable secondary themes like March of The Oysters and Hijacked. love

Thunderbirds at Glasto 2014 ( if I'd stood a little more to my right I'd have been directly in-shot in this vid )

It was good to see a decent sized and appreciative crowd for this.

I hear that the BBC didn't bother to cover this. numpties! rolleyes slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Aw. sad (both on lack of coverage and you not being in frame).

To the Beeb's credit: they did cover the awesome Rodrigo & Gabriela set.
    I love those guys!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Charles HazleWOOD!
    I thought for a second...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2014 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Aw. sad (both on lack of coverage and you not being in frame).

If, if I'd known this was going up on YT I'd have done something really cheesy, leaping past his viewer while fist-pumping the air for me hommies here at MT making a right -but necessary- plonker of myself. wink

Martijn wrote
    To the Beeb's credit: they did cover the awesome Rodrigo & Gabriela set.
    I love those guys!

I'm afraid this was one of my 'must see' casualties sad We were under-manned ( something we'll discuss and rectify by next year....behind the scenes penny pinching fucking politics where some mo-fo(s?) is trousering cash meant for more man power rolleyes ). A real shame but I have seen them one and a half times before, the end of one set made me swear I'd see them all the way through if they played again and they did, as did I. cool
  3. Timmer wrote
    Does anyone here know how it was reported from the outside? The BBC always does very extensive coverage on their annual staff freebee.

BBC3 and 4 were filled with Glasto performances. Key gigs were streamed live. BBC iPlayer has a range of gigs available to watch. I very much enjoyed Arcade Fire, shame I couldn't see them live this time. (The one time I did, it was awesome).
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I so wanted to see that! slant Arcade Fire was another casualty of my workload. People I know who did see them said they were brilliant, far better than the lacking performance the last time they played at Glastonbury.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2014
    This is why you have the kazoo, Timmer. Put it in your mouth and jump in front of the camera every chance you get.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh man, the damned Kazoo.....why oh why didn't I think of bringing it? rolleyes spin

Green! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    CARNAGE

The litter pickers are still at Glastonbury for some weeks yet though it already looked a whole lot better by the time I left on Tuesday.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2014 edited
    Timmer wrote
    A very bleary hungover me got my sorry-arse out of the tent and up to the outer reaches of the festival to go see THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO at 1.00pm on Sunday and I'm so glad I made the effort, this was excellent stuff from a 14 piece outfit ( included musicians from Portishead and Goldfrapp plus the Ondes Martinot was the actual one Barry Gray used ), man this put a smile on my face. The selections, often in the form of mini-suites were from Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 and UFO, it was great to hear plenty of incidental music included besides the fabulous themes plus some of those memorable secondary themes like March of The Oysters and Hijacked. love

Thunderbirds at Glasto 2014 ( if I'd stood a little more to my right I'd have been directly in-shot in this vid )

It was good to see a decent sized and appreciative crowd for this.

I hear that the BBC didn't bother to cover this. numpties! rolleyes slant

Besides the above I only saw two other acts on the stages of Glastonbury. Bryan Ferry was one of them and he was utterly brilliant, doing stuff from his solo work and earlier Roxy Music tracks and boy what-a-fucking-band he had playing for him, stunning musicianship.

The other act was Dolly Parton. I have never in my life purposely played a track of Dolly's but I can always enjoy a well crafted pop tune and in any case, it isn't often you get to see such a huge legend. Very enjoyable and as professional as you'd expect from a star with 60 years of performing experience.

Wanted to see: Goldfrapp, Rodrigo y Gabriele, Arcade Fire, The Pixies, Johnny Greenwood and the London Sinfonietta ( particularly gutted by that one as I got the time wrong and thought they were on an hour later than I'd thought ), Clannad, Massive Attack, Roni Size and more....

Best moment: Backstage party in the very early hours of Monday having tequila poured down my neck by half naked female Mexican dancers lick angelic

Second best moment: The massive thunderstorm on Friday afternoon and enjoying it while getting neither wet nor muddy cool
  4. HZ in da house... London, October.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  5. Sorry... realised too late that Southall already posted it. Guess I was... sleep
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2014 edited
    From Saturday June 6th 2013...

Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    My street is closed for the St.Pauls carnival ( the 2nd biggest street carnival in Britain after Notting Hill ), lots of eye-popping sights and mouth watering semi-naked dancing women, I'll try and stick some pics on FB later or at least share some friends pics.

It's funny that it is the 2nd biggest street carnival in the UK: I've heard of Notting Hill but have never heard of your Bristol carnival!

Great day for it!

Indeed it is! biggrin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Pauls_Carnival

It's mental outside, a bit like having a corner of Glastonbury Festival on my doorstep and the ground is vibrating with the thump of dub-reggae........I could blast Horner's KRULL out the window but it would be pointless, I doubt anyone here has a system that could come anywhere near to competing with the stack systems out there. dizzy

...and its that time of year again, this time I'm very hungover from last night and could do without it. I can hear at least 4 sound systems blasting away simultaneously, in between the dub and reggae I can also hear Jamiroquai, Jefferson Airplane and Lou Reed. dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2014 edited
    Thump! Thump! Thump!

Still going...

rolleyes sleep ....but my eyes are like this > shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2015
    I'm off! See you all next week wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2015
    Glastonbury?

Have a great time, Timmer. You need it after all you've been through. Be sure to report back with all the awesome gigs you'll be able to see.
    I am extremely serious.