• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2015
    Have a great time Tim! I've not even read up on who's playing this year so be sure to arrive back with one of your reports again!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2015
    Thor wrote
    Glastonbury?

Have a great time, Timmer. You need it after all you've been through. Be sure to report back with all the awesome gigs you'll be able to see.

Thanks Thor.

I'll report in this thread later.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2016
    Timmer wrote
    I'll report in this thread later.

Liar.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin

Me, at the moment I am considering an inclination to think about the option to maybe commit to the possibility to report (or not) on the Tyler concert in May.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm gutted that Prince will never play Glastonbury sad

He'd promised he would on two separate occasions, alas that will never be.
  1. You should all gather at the Tor and channel his spirit. wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It never brought Arthur back, I don't see it working on his purpleness.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Prince liked listening to soundtracks.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … e-20160422
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2016
    Prince also enjoyed OD'ing on the charlie and switching from one scary-ass cult to another, all the while cultivating a "bad boy" image.

Yeah, I am impressed by his technical skills (and the way he could handle pretty much every instrument on Earth), but nothing else. His music never spoke to me at all, his stylistics were puerile and far too overtly "I'm not Michael Jackson".
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2016
    Prince began where Jacko ended, an incredibly mercurial and prodigious musical talent often touted as a genius, quirky pop, rock, jazz, funk, blues, he should be mentioned in the same breath as david Bowie rather than Michael Jackson.
  2. Martijn wrote
    Prince also enjoyed OD'ing on the charlie and switching from one scary-ass cult to another, all the while cultivating a "bad boy" image.

Yeah, I am impressed by his technical skills (and the way he could handle pretty much every instrument on Earth), but nothing else. His music never spoke to me at all, his stylistics were puerile and far too overtly "I'm not Michael Jackson".

As long as they don't proselyte in any way through their art, I'm not really interested what artists believe in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sure.
    My only point was I liked the man nor his music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A good friend of mine spent half his life working with rock and pop bands, he told me Prince was the second biggest pain in the arse he ever had the displeasure to work with ( the first being a~ha's Morten Harkett ) he did however say that his shows were the best he'd ever seen and he'd seen them all from The Stones and Floyd at their peaks to Michael Jackson and Elton John.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2016 edited
    got my ticket and off to Glastonbury on Wednesday.

Here's the full line-up

Looking at the times, it seems I won't get to see Sigur Ros or M83 slant

I work on the West Holts stage, 3rd down on the list.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2016
    One of these years.... ONE of these years...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2016
    BANG, ZOOM! Straight to the moon!
  3. Timmer wrote

Here's the full line-up

I work on the West Holts stage, 3rd down on the list.

Glad to see John Lees' Barclay James Harvest is there. (Accoustic) I've been a big fan of BJH ever since 1986 or so. I saw John Lees and his combo a few weeks ago here in Germany and enjoyed the show immensely.

smile Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2016
    Martijn wrote

Have you tried to get tickets over the years? ( yeah I know, Nye impossibilable )

Back in the late 90's and very early 2000's I was able to get the odd one or two people in ( through a promise of not being let down and they were close friends that I trusted and were hard working and those friends didn't disappoint ), our team has been squeezed so small over the last ten years that that is no longer a possibility.

If I could get you in on a work aspect I would*, I love working there but I couldn't be a punter anymore which I was back in the 80's, it's seriously fucking crazy out there.

*If you did get in as a punter I'd get you set up in our field, believe me, you'd be very thankful wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Here's the full line-up

That sucks, but I'm still totally envious -- as I am every year. At least you get to see Underworld! Lots of great names otherwise too, and obviously a whole lot of completely unknowns (to me).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

Have you tried to get tickets over the years? ( yeah I know, Nye impossibilable )

I certainly have...even trying NOT to underestimate the INSANE demand, there was simply NO WAY to get through.
    How a festival this huge is sold out in MINUTES (!!!!) is beyond me.
    I have no idea of the dynamics of trying to pre-empt that. I'll keep on trying, but really I have so little hope. slant

If I could get you in on a work aspect I would*

I know, mate. smile
    And I am perfectly aware there's nothing you can do.
    I'd just be ecstatic to simply try and meet up if and when I'd be able to grab a ticket.
    Reality however seems to suggest we may need to set up a separate plan. smile

I couldn't be a punter anymore which I was back in the 80's, it's seriously fucking crazy out there.

Crazy? In what sense?
    I'm not mad about crowds, but hey, this is Glastonbury! Not the bleeding Galapagos.
    But if the mood is switching to "Ibiza" standards I'm not really too keen on that (never have been).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Crazy? In what sense?

The Galapagos it certainly isn't.

You'll be in a tent, the festival is 24/7, there is no respite, there is nowhere to hide, there is nowhere to rest, it's a week long continuous unstopping party. The joy of being able to escape when I want to is not something I take for granted. It isn't Ibiza, it's far madder than that but the mood is always weird, wild, wacky and wonderful.

Having said that it's lovely when the sun shines and you can totally chill in the Green Fields or the Accoustic Stage and there are many more little havens of escape wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2016
    I'm hoping the weather starts improving....and fast!

According to colleagues already there the whole site is like a swamp.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

You'll be in a tent

A....a...a tent! uhm
    Good god. The entire march of civilisation has just gone right past these people.

So what do they do for fun? Virgin sacrifices?
  4. The pilgrim up the hill to Glastonbury Tor and channel the spirit of John Lennon.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    The pilgrim up the hill to Glastonbury Tor and channel the spirit of John Lennon.

Oh, you may jest, there are some right airy fairies about wink biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

You'll be in a tent

A....a...a tent! uhm
    Good god. The entire march of civilisation has just gone right past these people.

With cash you can do it in the height of luxury http://www.thepopuphotel.com/glastonbury
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    So what do they do for fun? Virgin sacrifices?

But of course!
  5. Timmer wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    The pilgrim up the hill to Glastonbury Tor and channel the spirit of John Lennon.

I have seen Glastonbury once. Twenty years ago. A tourist money grab. At the same time a really beautiful place. I never saw that many lunatics assembled.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2016 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Captain Future wrote

I have seen Glastonbury once. Twenty years ago. A tourist money grab. At the same time a really beautiful place. I never saw that many lunatics assembled.

It is beautiful and yes, the town is very touristy and very overpriced, especially if you want to buy crystal balls, magic stones, rainbow clothes and Excalibur complete with stone wink

Unfortunately there is a seedy side to the town in more recent years and it has quite a junkie population.

In case you didn't know, the festival is approximately 8 miles away from the town, Pilton Pop Festival would be a more accurate description for it but that doesn't sound as cool as Glastonbury biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2016
    What the fuck happened to this guy who burned to death?