• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2016
    Shocking. Poor guy. Police are still investigating and it looks like some kind of tragic accident.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Who? confused
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2016 edited
    I'm guessing a Glastonbury site worker, it happened before the general public are allowed in.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    There's still no word as to how it happened... Something electrical? How else?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There are engineers, electricians, ( fire breathing artists ), and of course the old 'don't leave a candle burning in a tent while you sleep'.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2016
    Diving gear: Check!
    Boat: Check!

I'm off. See you all next week. wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    What?!?

You need a boat and diving gear for Glastonbury?

Don't be so coy! Tell us what you're up to, man.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    How about just surviving? It's da floods, mon!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah, I forgot about the weather situation in the UK.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2016 edited
    A fun Glastonbury.

Worked very hard, not least because of the weather conditions though it wasn't the mudocalypse the media made it out to be, the sun shone plenty but that did make walking through the mud difficult, turning it into a thick glue that sucked boots off. As usual I saw hardly anything I'd earmarked, my highlights being Charles Hazlewood conducting a midnight performance of Philip Glass homage to David Bowie Heroes/Low symphony ( a mind blowing 40 minute hike through crowds and mud to the Park Field from where I'm stationed ), Earth Wind and Fire and my main highlight Jeff Lynne's ELO. I also saw many minor acts including Ravi Shankar's daughter who was playing the most exquisitely ornate sitar I'd ever seen, I also met Craig Charles chillin' out in a late night backstage bar, the man is exactly the cheeky chappie you see on TV, lovely man.

A fun Glastonbury.

Until Sunday night when I had the most evil and insidious gout attack I've ever experienced, my knee swollen like a balloon I could barely walk and the pain was like nothing I've ever experienced, I'm blessed with damn good friends who looked after me, fed me, helped me get to the damned toilet ( a crippling 50 yard walk from my tent ), and packed all of my stuff away for me on Tuesday morning while I watched helplessly from a camping chair. The rest of the week at home was no better as all I could do was lie down and take super-strong anti-inflamatories and paracetamol, I could barely sleep at all with the constant pain, by Thursday I was tripping off my face and seeing the most vivid and wild hallucinations this side of Carlos fucking Castanada.

Finally starting to feel better now and had my first proper nights sleep since last week and getting better by the minute. The relief, oh the blessed relief to start feeling normal and all the other things I take for granted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2016
    shocked

Very envious of the concerts and personalities you seen and met (Craig Charles!!! Now THERE's a name from the past!)

...NOT so envious about the gout... Bit too much to drink, eh? wink
    Not fun, not fun at all, I know.
    Glad to hear you're getting back to old form.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Various factors with the gout, the damp and cold play their part plus I was lacking a lot of my equipment due to it being in storage ready for moving, Tent, waterproofs, better sleeping bag etc that I couldn't readily access and all of which I had to borrow from others. I was an accident waiting to happen this year and the rain obliged big time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Glastonbury sounds like my idea of hell. I need my creature comforts.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Glastonbury sounds like my idea of hell. I need my creature comforts.

no, it isn't everyone's cup of tea
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Careful, peasant. Don't make me release the hounds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sorry to hear about the gout, Timmer, but the rest sounded great!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cheers Thor.

The gout is still there, just nowhere near as bad, I never, EVER want to feel as bad as last week again, it was a living nightmare.
  1. Yes, from what you describe I get the picture. Get well soon.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2016 edited
    Just came back from seeing John Carpenter live here in Oslo. Great stuff! Going to write a concert review next week. I also tried to get an interview, but alas he doesn't do interviews on his tour.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2017
    Off to Glastonbury, see you all next week wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    *Sigh*
    's Alright for some... sad

Have fun, mate!! wave Looking forward to reading about your experiences!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I have a strange feeling of Deja Vu!

Have a good one, Tim! Like Martijn, it's always a highlight to read your reports when you're back....
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Yup, have a good time, Tim an tell us the tale!

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2017
    Will do. Not long back. Feeling a bit fried.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2017
    Timmer wrote
    Feeling a bit fried.

Gee.
    Imagine my utter absence of anything resembling any kind of shock. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2018
    Yesterday, I returned from a week at the Tromsø International Film Festival.

This is my 6th year in a row, and it's always a treat.

This year, I was event manager of the Norwegian Film Critic Seminar -- which, obviously, was about film music. As such, I got both plane tickets and hotel (Tromsø's most fancy hotel at that!) for 5 days covered.

We barely got there, however, as my flight on Tuesday got cancelled due to insane snow amounts in Oslo. But I got a later flight.

Wednesday was the big day. First I saw a film, then it was time for my seminar. Guests on the panel were composers Ola Fløttum (THELMA), Johannes Ringen (NORSEMEN series on Netflix) and director Jonas Matzow Gulbranden (the gorgeous film VALLEY OF SHADOWS featuring last year's best score by Zbigniew Preisner and Lisa Gerrard). You can see pics here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … &ifg=1

After that was two parties in a row, with a nachspiel untill 5 in the morning.

Thursday was time for movies and NO alcohol.

Friday was another big day. First some movies, then a dinner with my colleagues followed by our traditional hotel room nachspiel -- this is where I host my film music quiz, sing karaoke etc. We kept it going untill 8:30 in the morning, and then went directly down to the hotel breakfast. Slept untill 15:30.

More movies on Saturday and Sunday, but far more easygoing.

Great movies I saw: THE FLORIDA PROJECT, CALL ME BY YOUR NAME, RUYICHI SAKAMOTO: CODA. The BEST movie was Spielberg's THE POST, but this was an early press screening, not part of the officiall festival program.

Decent movies: LUCKY, TEAM HURRICANE, ANGELS WEAR WHITE, ALEPPO'S FALL, IN THE FADE (overrated!).

All in all, one of the best Tromsø festivals.

On the bad side of things: I've had cough problems since Mid December, and on Thursday, I tore off a muscle between my ribs. It's at its worst right now -- like a knife to the side -- but I'm trying to drug myself properly.

Also, when I got back home, I noticed that the apartment was unusually warm. I then noticed that I had left the boiling plate on -- on MAXIMUM -- for 6 days! It was glowing red. Thank God nothing happened.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Oh shit! You could well have burned the place down! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2018 edited
    I know....

It's been an eventful week.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    At least you didn't loose your wallet.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    At least you didn't loose your wallet.

No, but I almost lost my cell phone on the airport.
    I am extremely serious.