• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2011 edited
    I'm creating this new thread as I'm sure this will come in handy on more occasions. smile

No strings attached, no hidden agendas: this thread is so MT members can make life a little nicer for other MT members by giving away CDs. Yes: GIVING.
    No cost involved.

If you want to sell your CDs or want to see any kind of remuneration, please visit the Marketplace section of MT.

I myself will follow Erik's suggestion of keeping anything I want to give away up for a week, and through PM gather names of people interested. At the end of the week, there will be a random selection from all these names and the lucky winner will get sent the CDs.

Note that other people giving their stuff away may want to play by different rules, so be sure to check the latest post in this thread.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2011
    How can you accidentally order two copies??
  1. Have you not tried to send it back?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    How can you accidentally order two copies??

I pre-ordered it directly from Music Box Records when the announcement was made.
    Then, some weeks later, I saw the CD featured on SAE and, having completely forgotten my pre-order, ordered it ...again. shame

I generally only order CDs at three stores, and so this one, because of the delay between pre-order an actual availability, slipped under my radar!

FalkirkBairn wrote
    Have you not tried to send it back?

No. I could, I guess, but this is much more fun, wouldn't you agree? smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2011 edited
    ....aaaaaaand it's found a good home! punk
    (With christopher who was the first to react).

Honestly I was starting to worry a bit: apparently it's incredibly hard GIVING stuff away FOR FREE here!
    Either Maintitlers are generally extremely mistrustful, switched over completely to MP3s or already fully stocked.
    tongue

Merrigold!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    i was a little late.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Next time you should leave this open for about a week... see how many people are interested and then use Random.org to pick a winner. The guys at FSM do this all the time.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Same here, too late.

But what Erik suggest is a good idea. Not too much hassle either. Should be easier to "win" here too, since we're fewer active members.

I have several giveaways too. Should I create a separate topic for that or keep it in this one?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hey guys, my giveaway, my rules. smile
    And I'm very happy chris got it. smile

But I do like your idea of a raffle, Erik!
    Next time I'll do that!

Thor, great to see you jump on!
    Yes, let's keep all giveaways in this thread! Should be good fun!
    fireworks
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Next time you should leave this open for about a week... see how many people are interested and then use Random.org to pick a winner. The guys at FSM do this all the time.

-Erik-

yeah

Tim likes this!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Same here, too late.

But what Erik suggest is a good idea. Not too much hassle either. Should be easier to "win" here too, since we're fewer active members.

I have several giveaways too. Should I create a separate topic for that or keep it in this one?

yeah

Tim likes this!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Hey guys, my giveaway, my rules. smile
    And I'm very happy chris got it. smile

But I do like your idea of a raffle, Erik!
    Next time I'll do that!

Thor, great to see you jump on!
    Yes, let's keep all giveaways in this thread! Should be good fun!
    fireworks

yeah

Tim likes this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Maybe when there is a new gave-a-way Martijn can update the subject heading to reflect what is currently up for grabs!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmm....not a bad idea....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I have an extra copy of Dmitri Shostakovich film music. I could include this in the giveaway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    New giveaway!

(Tom, you want to do this the same way?
    A sort of raffle, where people can PM you for a week and then you'll randomly draw a winner?)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What a fantastically generous offer Martijn ( I missed the Delerue cry ), anyone who doesn't have CONAN THE BARBARIAN, apart from being certifiably mad already who get's this is a very lucky person.
  2. Darn, missed the Delerue.

I actually borrowed the first three notes and orchestration of the first five seconds of a cue, and made an entire piece of music out of it. I've not put it up, but it's a personal favorite of ones I've done.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2011 edited
    Bump!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2011
    Nice gesture mate smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. I was honored with one of the free copies Martijn is giving away. Great stuff to anyone who hasn't heard it.

Thanks again!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I was honored with one of the free copies Martijn is giving away. Great stuff to anyone who hasn't heard it.

Thanks again!

You do realise, Pawel, that if you DON'T enjoy it, Martijn will PM your address to all members and we'll descend upon your abode with pitchforks, scythes, hammers, burning torches, lumps of wood with nails in them, water-boards, steam presses, flame throwers, uzi's, landmines, grenades..............
  4. Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I was honored with one of the free copies Martijn is giving away. Great stuff to anyone who hasn't heard it.

Thanks again!

You do realise, Pawel, that if you DON'T enjoy it, Martijn will PM your address to all members and we'll descend upon your abode with pitchforks, scythes, hammers, burning torches, lumps of wood with nails in them, water-boards, steam presses, flame throwers, uzi's, landmines, grenades..............

A bit like an extreme version of Antiques Roadshow!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PawelStroinski wrote

Thanks again!

You're very welcome, Pawel. My pleasure! smile

Timmer wroteYou do realise, Pawel, that if you DON'T enjoy it, Martijn will PM your address to all members and we'll descend upon your abode with pitchforks, scythes, hammers, burning torches, lumps of wood with nails in them, water-boards, steam presses, flame throwers, uzi's, landmines, grenades..............

biggrin
    I already have seen mentions of air conducting and volume at 11, so I think any Polish expedition at this time would be premature. smile

FalkirkBairn wrote
    A bit like an extreme version of Antiques Roadshow!

applause
    That would probably be the Sky Tv variant?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Martijn wrote
    New giveaway!

(Tom, you want to do this the same way?
    A sort of raffle, where people can PM you for a week and then you'll randomly draw a winner?)

Yes I do.
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/04/11/s … -volume-5/

Remember this is quite classical in nature. I'll send all the artwork but remove the jewel case to save shipping costs which I'll pay for. Cheaper to buy a jewel case. Just PM and I'll close it on 7/21/11
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2011 edited
    (cut/pasted from original first post, just for reference)

NEW OFFER
    13/07:

shocked
    You know what, guys?
    I have yet something else to give away!

When the MAGNIFICENT rerecording of Poledouris MINDBLASTING Conan The Barbarian came out I actually purchased several copies for the sole purpose of giving them away to people who couldn't afford it or didn't know it.

All but one of these CD sets have now gone, so....there ya go! One left!

ONE SEALED COPY OF THE RERECORDED CONAN THE BARBARIAN
    as performed by the City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra and chorus, conducted by Nic Raine.

Want it?
    Drop me a PM.

This offer will stay up for a week, then I'll put all names of people having PM'd me in a big cyberhat and do that random thingy Erik suggested.

wave

FOR LATEST UPDATES, SEE VERY FIRST POST!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2011
    Daily bump!
    smile
    Perhaps I should make this a sticky?

Only got two potential candidates yet for the Conan CD set!
    (That may of course mean everyone else probably already has it. Which is GOOD!)
    So if you don't, and you want it...PM ME!

No strings attached.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Daily bump!
    smile
    Perhaps I should make this a sticky?

You definitely should!

I love CONAN, but am pleased with my ol' Milan release, so I'll stay out of this one. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Looks good Martijn. So far I only have two requests.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2011
    Martijn, I'd love the Conan so I could give it to my brother as a present. But, perhaps you prefer giving it to actual people on the forum rather than indirectly giving it to a stranger?

In any case, very generous to offer to give these excellent albums away for free. punk

Peter smile