• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2011 edited
    Talk about one of the most POINTLESS remakes, reboots, cash grabs of all time.

Here is the bootleg trailer.
    How exactly does this look any different then what Raimi did? And why in the bloody hell is Mary Jane still a BLONDE?!?!? crazy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2011
    Erik Woods wrote

How exactly does this look any different then what Raimi did? And why in the bloody hell is Mary Jane still a BLONDE?!?!? crazy

-Erik-

Because it's not Mary Jane.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Fut The Whuck?!?! I just read that Mary Jane isn't even going to be in this film?!

suicide

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    Fut The Whuck?!?! I just read that Mary Jane isn't even going to be in this film?!

suicide

-Erik-

Yes. Because you can't tell a Spidey origin and not include Gwen Stacy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I get that but you can't have a Spider-Man origin story without Mary Jane.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Erik Woods wrote
    Here is the bootleg trailer.[/url] How exactly does this look any different then what Raimi did?

It'll be more amazing!

Anyhow, who's doing the music?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I know, but Gwen was his first girl. And I'm curious about how they'll treat her story this time. Her inclusion in the 3rd Raimi movie was an atrocious act of fan service that ultimately didn't respect the root of Spidey's history.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

My memory is a bit fogged by time but wasn't Spidey's, well, Peter Parker's first love Betty Brant?? Gwen Stacey was originally into Flash Thompson, MJ was into Peter but he kind of didn't know it, he got together with Gwen Stacey before he got together with MJ, Gwen Stacey's dad knew Peter Parker was Spiderman but got killed ( can't remember how? ) and then Gwen Stacey got killed by the Green Goblin who had long known Spidey's true identity as Peter Parker as long as his amnesia wasn't playing him up........help! dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Bregt wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Here is the bootleg trailer.[/url] How exactly does this look any different then what Raimi did?

It'll be more amazing!

Anyhow, who's doing the music?

It'd be cool if it's not Danny Elfman, nor Hans Zimmer.

I think Edward Shearmur could bring something good to the table.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

My memory is a bit fogged by time but wasn't Spidey's, well, Peter Parker's first love Betty Brant?? Gwen Stacey was originally into Flash Thompson, MJ was into Peter but he kind of didn't know it, he got together with Gwen Stacey before he got together with MJ, Gwen Stacey's dad knew Peter Parker was Spiderman but got killed ( can't remember how? ) and then Gwen Stacey got killed by the Green Goblin who had long known Spidey's true identity as Peter Parker as long as his amnesia wasn't playing him up........help! dizzy

Anyone know how right or wrong I am? Everything on my computer is messed up so I can't google any information.

p.s. I've heard that Peter Parker is to be "killed" off in upcoming comics???
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You're right: Betty was Peter's first crush, but it never amounted to anything. MJ was actually the first girl that was ever properly nice to Peter, but she was too wild for him.

Gwen's dad was accidentally killed by Doc Ock in a fight with Spider-Man (a falling chimney, if memory serves). Spidey was blamed initially, but officially cleared later. Gwen never forgave Spider-Man though, which complicated the relation with Peter a tad...

Gwen was indeed killed by Green Goblin, who was aware of Spider-Man's true identity by then.

Peter, incidentally, has been killed several times before in the comics, but it always turned out to be a clone, a dream, an experiment, temporarily, another clone, et cetera, et cetera.
    So I'm not particularly worried this time around. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks for clearing my fog ( which thankdfully wasn't too thick wink ), as for Peter Parker being bumped off? Well, we ALL know he'll be back somehow, comic books go through these phases of 'death of' ...Superman, Batman, etc etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Looks good. Never been a fan of Tobey Maguire in the first installment. I liked him at first, but when it came to the emotional scenes it turned me off completely, as he really can't act sad. They just watered up his eyes and then he sat there looking dour in front of Kirsten Dunst who actually could act. Oh, and Spider-man 3 was an abomination. If they needed to make another Spider-man movie I'd rather a reboot than a movie by the same team who was responsible for the last one.

That said, I do have a thing about remakes like this, as it's kinda like travelling to a parallel dimension to see how a movie would turn out in the hands of entirely different people. It's the same reason why I love when scores are rejected, because we get to hear how the same project would turn out in different hands (provided one can listen to the rejected score).

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Always found Spiderman rather boring, to be honest. I remember reading the occasional comic book as a kid, but didn't really connect to it. I was very much about Disney, The Phantom and an assortment of other more or less famous characters (although rarely the same things that most other people were into....like Marvel etc.).

The films were OK-ish, but like Erik I can't really understand how they're rebooting a franchise that has barely begun.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote
    The films were OK-ish, but like Erik I can't really understand how they're rebooting a franchise that has barely begun.

Personally I don't care about the motives at all, and I find it strange that so many people seem to. All that matters is whether I will enjoy the movie. The fact that another movie about the same story had been made 10 years prior, won't affect my enjoyment in any negative way. In fact I will find it mightily interesting how the movies will differ.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2011
    I can't wait for the remake of Cowboys and Aliens next year. And Schindler's List... but as a musical. Or... Chicago but this time it takes place in New York.

I have no interesting in throwing my money at this franchise especially since they produced two perfectly good films the first time (the second film is one of the greatest comic book films of all time) While I can understand a different take on the story - the time between this new one and the "old" ones is ridiculous... not as bad as The Hulk films... but just as bad.

However, I would have skipped the origin story and done something in line with the extremely dark opening 5 books called "Torment" from Todd McFarline's Spider-Man series. McFarlane wasn't the greatest writer but the tale or Spidey vs. The Lizard could adapted into something epic!

-Erik-