• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    ah its not that its been down for weeks now! Argh well I'll wait when its back online
    oh I know what Mediamarkt is by the way, I'm Belgian biggrin

Oh sorry I thought you were american shame
    You´re with the european gang then punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Marselus wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    ah its not that its been down for weeks now! Argh well I'll wait when its back online
    oh I know what Mediamarkt is by the way, I'm Belgian biggrin

Oh sorry I thought you were american shame
    You´re with the european gang then punk

More the Belgian gang wink , we are with so few you know shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Marselus wrote
    Sadly, and acording to Scoremagacine, Baños has left Transsiberian, Brad "The Machinist" Anderson´s upcoming film.

That's a shame. Who is the replacement?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008 edited
    I don´t know (and Scoremagacine didn´t mention it) but whoever is doing the score, he´d better hurry, because the movie opens on April.
    I wonder what has happened between the director and Baños confused
  3. Tommy_Boy wrote
    anybody here have a place I could purchase Fragile? I only found it on download, wondering if you guys know any shop I could visit to purchase it?

Thanks

Baños' CDs do show up frequently on eBay. I find that a good source of his, and other, Spanish film scores.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008
  4. yay biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nice review Thomas! kiss punk
    I agree totally, specially on this: ".....And just a bit later, the climax is reached, at the end of track 15 and through the entire Requiem for Amy. The emotional fully choral laden piece is probably one of Baños masterpieces because it truly delivers that extra spark that sets the entire score on fire".

You are right, it´s one of Baños´best themes, and the one that impressed me the most while watching the film.
    I´d recommend you to listen "The Oxford Murders". Not a horror score, but a good one from Roque, in the vein of his thriller scores, and with a beautiful love theme.
  5. Marselus wrote
    Nice review Thomas! kiss punk
    I agree totally, specially on this: ".....And just a bit later, the climax is reached, at the end of track 15 and through the entire Requiem for Amy. The emotional fully choral laden piece is probably one of Baños masterpieces because it truly delivers that extra spark that sets the entire score on fire".

You are right, it´s one of Baños´best themes, and the one that impressed me the most while watching the film.
    I´d recommend you to listen "The Oxford Murders". Not a horror score, but a good one from Roque, in the vein of his thriller scores, and with a beautiful love theme.

Glad you liked it Marselus. Its really a score I greatly admired from the very first time I heard it during the movie. I really want to explore more of Baños' works, now I just have to find them wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    I really want to explore more of Baños' works, now I just have to find them wink

Enjoy then, there is really beautiful, varied and rich music in Baños´ discographhy. I´ve always admired him, but even more since last july when he conducted a cue from the beautiful "Segunda Piel" and the gorgeous "Alatriste" Suite (Composer´s Cut).
    Waiting for more of your reviews on Baños´work wink
  6. Marselus wrote
    Waiting for more of your reviews on Banos´work wink

Damn, now I have to acquire them biggrin
    Just kidding, if I get the chance I will do so wink
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008 edited
    Hi, does anyone know if a recording of the Alatriste Suite exists or if one is planned?
    Cheers smile

(does my message look tiny for everyone? slant )
  7. Yes - and grey rather than white.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. And my icon fills the whole width of my reply.

And my post looks small and grey.
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008
    Invasion !!
    shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Someone's screwed up some quotes and made the page implode. D knows how to fix it. tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    God damn it, this has RUINED my day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It was Tommy Boy's post, just above steb74's one. Fixed it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thank you. Can you ban Tommy Boy for a period of six weeks, as punishment?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You mean you aren't going to attack with your goat army? confused shocked biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I need to get them pet passports before they're allowed into Belgium. It's full of rabies over there!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I've actually just sent off my passport to be renewed. £76 it cost! shocked But it's for 10 years so I guess it's worth it.

Hang on a second, this is the ROQUE BAÑOS thread! shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    steb74 wrote
    Hi, does anyone know if a recording of the Alatriste Suite exists or if one is planned?

If you are referring to the Alatriste Suite that Roque conducted in Úbeda last summer, I´m afraid it is not released. It was arranged / orchestrated for the concert. Too bad, but with this year´s Congress, we´ll get the DVD of the concert, so it will be available. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Was that the super loud one where the choir made my ears explode? confused cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Was that the super loud one where the choir made my ears explode? confused cool

Fuck yeah! punk The most amazing performance that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MexgfB1QxH8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhieAjzrcJk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I see YouTube has adopted the ''Let's change our logo for special days'' like Google. Apparantly it's Earth Day today...

(Before anyone mentions it, yes, I know YT is owned by G!)

Marselus wrote
    The most amazing performance that night.

You mean it wasn't X-men? tongue Man, they ruined that completely... slant
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    Marselus wrote
    If you are referring to the Alatriste Suite that Roque conducted in Úbeda last summer, I´m afraid it is not released. It was arranged / orchestrated for the concert. Too bad, but with this year´s Congress, we´ll get the DVD of the concert, so it will be available. smile

Cheers man, luckily I was there last summer and splendid it was indeed biggrin
    I was just hoping that a recorded version existed, you never know, eventually maybe.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thanks for reminding me Marselus, I need to contact the guy who edits the DVD...Juan or someone I think.

He's using some of my footage for it and he said he'd be able to get a copy of it to me. I wonder if it's done yet... dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Thanks for reminding me Marselus, I need to contact the guy who edits the DVD...Juan or someone I think.

He's using some of my footage for it and he said he'd be able to get a copy of it to me. I wonder if it's done yet... dizzy

Edits? lol
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.