• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008
    Edits badly (with my good footage). biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008
    Advice to the Ubeda guys: you have to find a professional to edit but also SHOOT your footage 'cause what i've seen from last year was terribly amateurish and totally ruined the otherwise very good material that was their to be showcased. The overall result was anything but promotion of the festival.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008 edited
    From what I saw and heard (I was briefly talking to them), they have about 5 different cameras, all filming at different resolutions, settings and picture quality (not on purpose, but because they're different cameras). They use one audio source and cut them all together for the final edit.

For once I am pleased I can only have one camera. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008
    Roque Baños announced during his conference last saturday during Úbeda´s Congress that he is conducting a concert featuring the concert suites of his scores.
    When: SEPTEMBER 2008
    Where: CÓRDOBA (Spain)
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008
    ! Me wants!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008
    Me too! Let´s wait some weeks for more details.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    Programme of September the 13th concert::

1- Symphonic Suite with the main themes from "Carreteras Secundarias", "Segunda Piel", "La Comunidad", "Al otro lado de la Cama", "Torrente", "Las 13 Rosas" and "Muertos de Risa".

2- Suite from "No Somos Nadie"

3- Suite from "El Corzón del Guerrero"

4- Suite from "Goya en Burdeos"

5- Suite from "The Oxford Crimes"

6- "Fragile" ("Requiem for Amy")

7- Suite from Alatriste
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2008 edited
    What an amazing concert last saturday. One of the best live performances I´ve ever watched (or should I say felt?)! Baños´selection of music was perfect, conducting his very best music ´til date, and the concert suites of his scores are splendid. Besides, they know each other so well (Córdoba´s Orchestra / Ziryab Choir / Baños) that the performance was perfectly executed. The acoustics of the place is perfect and the audience was totally enthusiastic with the 2 hours concert.

What Baños did in Úbeda in 2007 with Alatriste´s suite was astounding, I never thought it could be improved; well, I was wrong: the suite perfomed last saturday was even better.
    I have to say there were a lot of non score geeks in the concert, so Baños´merit is even greater. Of course I met a lot of score geeks there from Soncinemad and Úbeda; nice to meet this people every time an event of this kind take place.

Fortunately the concert suites performed in the concert will be released on cd by november, and hopefully a dvd with the full concert (as I saw cameras recording it) too; still waiting a response from Roque regarding this though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2008
    Wow!

Thanks for the report Marselus. These Banos concerts seem to be worth it each time. Hopefully I can attend one once.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Wow!

Thanks for the report Marselus. These Banos concerts seem to be worth it each time. Hopefully I can attend one once.

Sure, in a recent interview he says he´d like to do more concerts. So let´s hope it becomes a reality.
  1. I'll be buying that concert CD when it comes out. An excellent program.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks Marcel, i'll be definitely buying it too! Can't wait really, especially the dvd's!
  2. franz_conrad wrote
    I'll be buying that concert CD when it comes out. An excellent program.

Thanks Marcel for the enthusiastic report and like Michael I'll be looking out for this CD.

Hopefully, it will be released more generally than just in Spain?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    I'll be buying that concert CD when it comes out. An excellent program.

Thanks Marcel for the enthusiastic report and like Michael I'll be looking out for this CD.

Hopefully, it will be released more generally than just in Spain?

I don´t know all the details yet, the only sure thing is that it will be released by november (acording to an interview to Baños himself I read last saturday) and that it will feature all the score suites performed in the concert (I can assure you the suites are truly spectacular: they feature great arrangements / orchestrations / choir work of the original scores).
    I´ll keep you posted as soon as I know more details wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks! Let's hope it won't go the "Spain-only" way that most of those brilliant releases seem to follow lately. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thanks! Let's hope it won't go the "Spain-only" way that most of those brilliant releases seem to follow lately. sad

Well if this happens I´m sure we´ll find a solution, won´t we? Postal service is quite fast nowadays wink
    Anyway, let´s wait a few weeks, and I´m still waiting for a response regarding the possible dvd.

To be continued....
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2008
    Nice report of the concert I´ve found today:

http://invitadodeinvierno.wordpress.com … -axerquia/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2008
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Well if this happens I´m sure we´ll find a solution, won´t we? Postal service is quite fast nowadays wink
    Anyway, let´s wait a few weeks, and I´m still waiting for a response regarding the possible dvd.

To be continued....

kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008
    Great news regarding Roque´s concert in Córdoba (13/9/2008):

They are preparing a double CD + DVD with the concert + making of, that will hopefully be released by the end of the year. beer punk

More news soon.
  3. Any news of new releases from Roque are definitely worth shouting about!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2008 edited
    Roque Baños has been nominated to the Goya Award (the main national film award in Spain) for "The Oxford Murders" score beer

The event will take place on february.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2008
    Glad to hear that, OXFORD MURDERS is a very good score, deserves all the recognition it can get.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2009
    Roque has just been awarded with the Goya Award for his score for "The Oxford Murders". Yeah! punk beer punk
  4. An excellent score. Well worth the award.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2009
    Way to go, completely agree. It's the kind of scoring that so few utilize these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Is anyone else having problems with the display of non-standard characters? It's hard to explain what the title of this thread looks to me, but it certainly isn't "Roque Banos" with a sign over the n!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap. Will change it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Done. Copy and paste from imdb is always the way to go with non-usual characters in names.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Done. Copy and paste from imdb is always the way to go with non-usual characters in names.

CAPITAL letters please! tongue wink