• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010
    like the Ubeda videos :ouch:
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2010 edited
    Listening to his score to Balada Triste de Trompeta at the moment and I have to say that it's another quality score from Baños.

A very dramatic orchestral score with whirling strings and a slight militaristic feel to it. There's an interesting review of the film here and clips from the score here.

There's a link to the trailer - and here - and a suite from the score.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Listening to his score to Balada Triste de Trompeta at the moment and I have to say that it's another quality score from Baños.

A very dramatic orchestral score with whirling strings and a slight militaristic feel to it. There's an interesting review of the film here and clips from the score here.

There's a link to the trailer - and here - and a suite from the score.

Watched the film this afternoon and the score works really well, another winner from Baños.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2011
    Alatriste Suite (Composer's Cut) - Live. Enjoy!

PART ONE

PART TWO
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2011 edited
    Two very different, both excellent scores are (hopefully) coming our way this year.

Balada triste de trompeta Raw, brassy, percussive, intense thriller score armed with a very melodic main theme. Incredibly well-written and orchestrated with some melancholic Hermannesque string passages in-between. Shows a composer who possesses his craft a 100%. Listen to some of it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaBai_REiQI and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHBREAf4 … re=related

LAS VIUDAS DE LOS JUEVES is more dramatic and solemn but utterly beautiful. Parts like the closing credits suite are extremely enjoyable and coherent compositions and the score is once again Charming, Herrmann-esque and classy. Banos is definitely one of the bright highlights of the genre. Opening credits here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bac6NZhXcOY
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    Two very different, both excellent scores are (hopefully) coming our way this year.

Balada triste de trompeta Raw, brassy, percussive, intense thriller score armed with a very melodic main theme. Incredibly well-written and orchestrated with some melancholic Hermannesque string passages in-between. Shows a composer who possesses his craft a 100%.

I agree. One of Baños' best efforts, although he rarely misses the chance to impress me. He is such a gifted composer.

Christodoulides wrote
    LAS VIUDAS DE LOS JUEVES is more dramatic and solemn but utterly beautiful. Parts like the closing credits suite are extremely enjoyable and coherent compositions and the score is once again Charming, Herrmann-esque and classy. Banos is definitely one of the bright highlights of the genre. Opening credits here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bac6NZhXcOY

He has a thing for melody that never ceases to amaze me. I hope this one is released as soon as possible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Will he at some point return to Ubeda again?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    If it depended on me, he would be there every year.

Let's see, he was in Úbeda in 2007, 2008 and 2009.....I think it's time for him to com back! tongue

This year, as has already been announced, the festival will be more pro-european, so he might be there.

Oh, in case you missed this theme, check it out: Back to Life from 'Diary of a Nymphomaniac'
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    edit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I want the Banos score!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    I want the Banos score!

Which one?!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The Trumpets one with the creepy cover cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin

Ah, THAT one. Get it, it is very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's download only for now, I believe.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I want it on CD, make it happen o'superpowered one....NOW!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011 edited
    INTRUDERS

http://scoremagacine.blogspot.com/2011/ … 1-mp3.html
  1. my god, El corazón del guerrero is truly one epic piece shocked . Finally heard it on the wonderful double disc + dvd version Marcel & Jordi gave me as a present, I'm finally discovering it Marcel & Jordi wave

sorry it took so long, but that piece alone is simply put awesome. punk

Going to CD 2 smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    my god, El corazón del guerrero is truly one epic piece shocked . Finally heard it on the wonderful double disc + dvd version Marcel & Jordi gave me as a present, I'm finally discovering it Marcel & Jordi wave

Going to CD 2 smile

Glad you liked it wink

What about the alatriste suite?
  2. Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    my god, El corazón del guerrero is truly one epic piece shocked . Finally heard it on the wonderful double disc + dvd version Marcel & Jordi gave me as a present, I'm finally discovering it Marcel & Jordi wave

Going to CD 2 smile

Glad you liked it wink

as said, gonna check out the second CD later, but first I'm gonna listen to the whole Alatriste score, then the suite

I'm making a compilation of the best Roque Banos pieces for my brother and me, and perhaps also for several others, like I did for John Scott smile

I already liked Banos, but now I'm discovering much more of him through the concert DVD you gave me kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2012
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Going to CD 2 smile

Glad you liked it wink

as said, gonna check out the second CD later, but first I'm gonna listen to the whole Alatriste score, then the suite :

Well done. Tha Alatriste suite is the composer's Cut, as Roque likes to describe it, So...it's a bit 'musculated', for a live performance smile

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I'm making a compilation of the best Roque Banos pieces for my brother and me, and perhaps also for several others, like I did for John Scott smile

I already liked Banos, but now I'm discovering much more of him through the concert DVD you gave me kiss

I've got almost all of his discography, so i can recommend some pretty good works by him smile
  3. Well, so far I have on my compilation:

1. Intruders
    2. Balade Trista de Trompetta
    3. The Ofxord Murders
    4. Los 2 lados de la cama
    5. Segunda Piel
    6. La Diega de Rasputin
    7. Torrente
    8. Fragile
    9. Iberia
    10. La Communidad

yet to listen to Alatriste, the suites of Salome and Aragon Symphony, and I've got Las 13 rosas and El corazón del guerrero to place on it

so, is there anything I've forgotten besides that? smile
  4. my god, "Asalto al Galeón" of Alatriste is pure Jerry Goldsmith material, this is incredible, it's like listening to the master again shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Well, so far I have on my compilation:

1. Intruders
    2. Balade Trista de Trompetta
    3. The Ofxord Murders
    4. Los 2 lados de la cama
    5. Segunda Piel
    6. La Diega de Rasputin
    7. Torrente
    8. Fragile
    9. Iberia
    10. La Communidad

yet to listen to Alatriste, the suites of Salome and Aragon Symphony, and I've got Las 13 rosas and El corazón del guerrero to place on it

so, is there anything I've forgotten besides that? smile

The Alatriste Suite has definitely to be in the compilation (wait until you listen / watch the Concert Version....you'll understand smile).

Also:

'Carreteras Secundarias'(his very first movie score)

'El Séptimo Día' (if you like spanish guitar, this is it),

'The Kovak Box' and 'The Machinist' (both very dark and yet melodic)

'Diario de una Nimfómana' (just check THIS out. This is the cue for the end of the film. All the score is based on the piano phrase you hear in this cue. One of my favourites by Baños.
  5. Marselus wrote
    'Diario de una Nimfómana' (just check THIS out. This is the cue for the end of the film. All the score is based on the piano phrase you hear in this cue. One of my favourites by Baños.

Me like...
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012
    El corazón del guerrero, is it the "heart of the warrior" film in 2000? If yes, where can we find it? I want it too!
  6. Demetris wrote
    El corazón del guerrero, is it the "heart of the warrior" film in 2000? If yes, where can we find it? I want it too!

I don't think that the score is that easy to find. It was released in Spain in 2000 as a 2-CD release on the Subterfuge Records label (sounds like a dodgy label to me!!), a CD of songs and a CD of score.

There are two suites of music available if you are not averse to digital:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/corazón- … amp;sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/El-corazó … amp;sr=1-2

I, too, would be interested to hear the OST.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012 edited
    Demetris wrote

I don't think that the score is that easy to find. According to soundtrackcollector.com, it was released in Spain in 2000 as a 2-CD release on the Subterfuge Records label (sounds like a dodgy label to me!!), a CD of songs and a CD of score.

There are two suites of music available if you are not averse to digital:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/corazón- … amp;sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/El-corazó … amp;sr=1-2

I, too, would be interested to hear the OST.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012 edited
    Not the best sound in the world, but you can listen to the whole OST, and almost all of his works, HERE

To the complete list of OST's, click on 'Obras' (upper left corner)
  7. I finished my compilation, and I was very sure Alatriste and Heart of the Warrior had to finish the experience smile

1. Intruders 7:55
    2. Balada Trista de Trompetta 7:22
    3. The Oxford Murders 6:53
    4. The Two Sides of the Bed 4:15
    5. Segunda Piel 3:51
    6. La Diega de Rasputin 5:19
    7. Torrente 2:18
    8. Fragile 4:15
    9. Iberia 5:38
    10. La Communidad 3:37
    11. 13 Roses 6:59
    12. Alatriste 9:40
    13. Heart of the Warrior 11:32

80 minutes of strong Roque Banos music
  8. You have one ready for me, I'll keep one ready for you. Fair trade ! beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.