• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I finished my compilation, and I was very sure Alatriste and Heart of the Warrior had to finish the experience smile

1. Intruders 7:55
    2. Balada Trista de Trompetta 7:22
    3. The Oxford Murders 6:53
    4. The Two Sides of the Bed 4:15
    5. Segunda Piel 3:51
    6. La Diega de Rasputin 5:19
    7. Torrente 2:18
    8. Fragile 4:15
    9. Iberia 5:38
    10. La Communidad 3:37
    11. 13 Roses 6:59
    12. Alatriste 9:40
    13. Heart of the Warrior 11:32

80 minutes of strong Roque Banos music

That's a REALLY good compilation. If anything, I'd change the 9:40 Alatriste suite for the 18 minutes concert version (that finale is just so epic...).

Great job Thomas smile beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. I didn't have enough time for a CD, or I would have to pick a 90 minute CD wink

But my suite is also very good, because it ends with the Goldsmith action track Asalto al Galeon wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2012
    Fair enough smile
  2. thank you for understanding wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2012
    Excellent news, he is set to score the EVIL DEAD remake.

It was either him, Chris Young or Fernando Velasquez as best choices, imo.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/10/17 … ad-remake/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012
    punk beer
  3. Anyone else heard more than the 10 minutes of Roque Baños' score for Evil Dead that can be heard here:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/22/ … que-banos/

So far it's sounding very good!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2013
    Oeh, this is great indeed! It has an Omen/Christopher Young horror vibe in the best sense that is VERY rare nowadays in horror scoring!
  4. I like what sounds like a klaxon of some sort in the mix - if that's what it is.

I like how the composer mixes traditional orchestral devices with more avant garde elements, particularly in the choral passages.

Hats off to the film-makers if they have stuck with his score in the final mix.

I have seen a 45-minute album on t'internet and am wondering who is releasing it - and when.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2013 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I have seen a 45-minute album on t'internet and am wondering who is releasing it - and when.

The album that is currently floating around (and is actively being hunted down by Sony Pictures to take it off again) is a promo of the score, and not necissarily an album that will be released commercially, I believe. As of now, there doesn't seem to be any word yet on a commercial release. But I'm not that surprised, since the film won't be released until april.
  5. I hope that it does get a release. It sounds really good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2013
    Roque banos is an outstanding composer; he can write excellently for any genre; the other day i was listening to his 2012 jazz score for 'la montana rusa' and was very, very impressed. Now, this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    This new 'Evil Dead' score will please any fan of the genre, by the way I had no idea that Bruce Campbell produced the movie alongside Sam Raimi, so I'm looking forward to see what a 2013 version will look like, the franchise was very hardcore back in the day biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Also, from the writer of JUNO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    BobdH wrote
    Also, from the writer of JUNO.

Yes, apparently she was brought in to brush up the dialogue of the now female "Ash" lead. I heard that mentioned in a panel presentation on youtube. I really hope they hit this one out of the park spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2013 edited
    As posted on the LLLR Facebook page, they will release Roque Baños' EVIL DEAD score in April.

THE MOST TERRIFYING SOUNDTRACK YOU WILL EVER EXPERIENCE is coming from La-La Land Records this April!"

Let the speculation commence... or we could just wait, cuz, it's almost April.

Although I never doubted this would get a release, it's still good news.
  6. Update:

“EVIL DEAD”
    The Original Motion Picture Score
    Music by Roque Baños

DIGITAL DOWNLOAD and DELUXE CD EDITION available APRIL 9, 2013

(Burbank, CA – March 27, 2013) La-La Land Records, Tri-Star Pictures and Ghost House Pictures present the original motion picture score to the 2013 feature film EVIL DEAD, starring Jane Levy, Jessica Lucas and Shiloh Fernandez, and directed by Fede Alvarez. Acclaimed composer Roque Baños (THE MACHINIST, SEXY BEAST) creates a heart-stopping thrill ride of a horror score that launches this all-new re-imagining of the original THE EVIL DEAD into the Horror Hall of Fame alongside its legendary predecessor. Simply put, this is the most sensational horror film music in years!

The EVIL DEAD soundtrack will be available for DIGITAL DOWNLOAD at iTunes and other digital music retailers on APRIL 9th.

Also APRIL 9th, the DELUXE CD EDITION of the soundtrack, featuring more than 25 minutes of additional music NOT present on the digital download release, will be available to order from www.lalalandrecords.com and other online soundtrack boutiques.

This CD will become available at Amazon and other major online retailers MAY 7th.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. My review of EVIL DEAD, for anyone who's interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2013/04/18/evil- … que-banos/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2013
    Wow! Great review there Jon. I can't wait to hear it now!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2013
    The score is phenomenally good!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2013
    Here is the premiere performance of the EVIL DEAD concert suite, conducted by Roque Banos and performed by the great Orquesta de Cordoba and Coro Ziryab!

http://vimeo.com/70786184

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2013
    ^ Superb! Thanks for sharing!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2013
    O.K., so I was also apparantly late with the news that Michael Nyman had been taken off OLDBOY, something people already knew way before me, so the news that Roque Baños is now his replacer might also not be that new for everybody. Or, it might not even be true, since my source is IMDB, but if it's true, then that does soften the sour news that Nyman was rejected. Hell, if Nyman gets his music released in some kind of symphony AND we get a Roque Baños score for this OLDBOY remake, it could've been a whole lot worse.

For now, aparantly Roque Baños is scoring Spike Lee's OLDBOY remake, or until news of the contrary leaks out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1321511/ful … cl_sm#cast
  8. FilmMusicReporter.com reported it a few weeks ago.
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/08/20 … es-oldboy/

It's only a matter of time before his score is rejected, too, since Nyman's already stated what the producers are like.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2013 edited
    It is 100% true. I saw Roque the other weekend at a signing event here in LA, and he had just come from Warner Brothers where he was finishing an OLDBOY mixing session.
  9. (sound of impending doom)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2013
    Hey! I was still the first to be reporting it here! Ha!
  10. Synchrotones closes the year with a review of Roque Banos' gorgeous IN THE HEART OF THE SEA.

Happy new year!
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2016
  11. Review of RISEN by Roque Banos.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube