• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2007 edited
    We can´t spend more time without a topic for this great composer smile

He´s been nominated for his score for "Las 13 Rosas" by the Spanish Academy (awards ceremony to take place February the 3rd).

Let´s see if this year he wins an award he should have received many years ago. The Spanish Academy and the American Academy are quite similar referring to the best score category, I mean, a real mess.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2007
    LAS 13 ROSAS and SEGUNDA PIEL are probably the most gorgeous orchestral scores i've heard this year. Totally impressed by Banos i am, completely.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    Hm what kind of score is Segunda Piel? I mean more like Las 13 Rosas or Alatriste? Was it released this year?

Thx!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    msia2k75 wrote
    Hm what kind of score is Segunda Piel? I mean more like Las 13 Rosas or Alatriste? Was it released this year?

Thx!

"Segunda Piel" is a 1999 movie. The score is more in the style of "Las 13 Rosas", I mean a 100% dramatic effort, with great themes. Recommended
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2007
    It's sweepingly melodic, unstoppable with direct and instantly-loveable dramatic / romantic themes and of pure orchestral nature. Like "Las 13 Rosas" only way better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2007
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's sweepingly melodic, unstoppable with direct and instantly-loveable dramatic / romantic themes and of pure orchestral nature. Like "Las 13 Rosas" only way better.

Wow, I can´t think of anymore to add to this two lines compressed review smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2008
    Congratulations to Roque Baños for his first Spanish Academy Award for "Las 13 Rosas". At last! punk

http://www.laverdad.es/murcia/20080204/ … 80204.html
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ah, the only composer at Ubeda who I didn't see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2008 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Congratulations to Roque Baños for his first Spanish Academy Award for "Las 13 Rosas". At last! punk

http://www.laverdad.es/murcia/20080204/ … 80204.html

The first? I thought he had as much awards as Iglesias!

Congratulatios Roque! A great guy, and a fantastic composer!

(13 rosas is far from one of his best scores, thought)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote

shocked
    How´s this possible? He shattered the orchestra with his "Alatriste" Suite (the best part of the concert by the way).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

shocked
    How´s this possible? He shattered the orchestra with his "Alatriste" Suite (the best part of the concert by the way).

Because his talk was before the concert. wink
  1. I've only heard Banos' work in the 2005 Fragile but boy what a great score that is?!
    I hope someday it gets released, maybe MovieScore Media can intervene? shame
    Any other scores that must be heard from him? I'm interested in checking some out smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008
    Las 13 Rosas
    Alatriste
    The Machinist (I have yet to hear that one)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Segunda Piel!
    Kazoo
  2. msia2k75 wrote
    Las 13 Rosas
    Alatriste

aside from The Machinist, these scores have a release? and where can I find these?
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    msia2k75 wrote
    Las 13 Rosas
    Alatriste

aside from The Machinist, these scores have a release? and where can I find these?

Yes they have. Though, las 13 rosas isnt available everywhere... nor Alatriste. Maybe Marselus can help? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    msia2k75 wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    msia2k75 wrote
    Las 13 Rosas
    Alatriste

Yes they have. Though, las 13 rosas isnt available everywhere... nor Alatriste. Maybe Marselus can help? confused

La comunidad (very elfman, i don't like it) and Segunda Piel (Gorgeous main theme, very Goldsmith Like). Muertos de risa....Goya en Burdeos....
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    msia2k75 wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    msia2k75 wrote
    Las 13 Rosas
    Alatriste

Almost all of Baños´scores have been released.
    This is Roque´s web (with clips from all his scores in the "Works" section so you can check ´em out):
    http://www.roquebanos.es/ing/index.php
    There´s an online shop (not working at the moment though) where you can buy his music.
    His must have scores, IMO, are:
    Alatriste
    Goya en Burdeos
    Las 13 Rosas
    Muertos de Risa
    Segunda Piel
    The Kovak Box
    Frágiles
    La Comunidad
    The Machinist
    The Oxford Murders (dunno if it has been already released).
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    msia2k75 wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    msia2k75 wrote
    Las 13 Rosas
    Alatriste

Almost all of Baños´scores have been released.
    This is Roque´s web (with clips from all his scores in the "Works" section so you can check ´em out):
    http://www.roquebanos.es/ing/index.php
    There´s an online shop (not working at the moment though) where you can buy his music.
    Alatriste
    Goya en Burdeos
    Las 13 Rosas
    Muertos de Risa
    Segunda Piel
    The Kovak Box
    Frágiles
    La Comunidad
    The Machinist

What about Oxford Murders and Kovak Box??? How kind of score are ?

About 13 rosas....Let me say it's really bland and generic score. With a very basic orchestrations.

Alatriste ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Marselus wrote
    Alatriste
    Goya en Burdeos
    Las 13 Rosas
    Muertos de Risa
    Segunda Piel
    The Kovak Box
    Frágiles
    La Comunidad
    The Machinist

Let's think along more 'top 3 must-have' lines.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Alatriste
    Goya en Burdeos
    Las 13 Rosas
    Muertos de Risa
    Segunda Piel
    The Kovak Box
    Frágiles
    La Comunidad
    The Machinist

Let's think along more 'top 3 must-have' lines.

Alatriste
    Segunda Piel
    Frágiles

("El corazon del Guerrero" an action/adventure score is worth to listen to. Not as good as some classics , but it's from spain! )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oxford Murders. Want to hear opinions please; oh and i want the score as well wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I love The Machinist! That was the first Banos score for me.

Just heard Alatriste. OMG! Amazing, rich, beautiful, exciting and just plain awesome! cool

Looking forward to hearing Las 13 Rosas.

By what I can tell Banos can do no wrong!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oxford Murders. Want to hear opinions please; oh and i want the score as well wink

The film is awful: boring, uninteresting, the cast is totally wrong (Elijah Wood seems to be high all the time....wake up man, you´re not in LOTR anymore!), and the climax is like rolleyes rolleyes
    The only funny thing about the movie is that we can see Roque Baños many times in it, conducting the orchestra where one of the characters plays.

As for the score, it´s in the vein of "The Kovak Box". Is the best thing of the whole movie of course. I hope it gets a release ASAP.
  4. anybody here have a place I could purchase Fragile? I only found it on download, wondering if you guys know any shop I could visit to purchase it?

Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks Marcel! I was talking about the score, that's something i want to hear; not the movie though, it doesn't interest me wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    anybody here have a place I could purchase Fragile? I only found it on download, wondering if you guys know any shop I could visit to purchase it?

Thanks

The online shop of this web http://www.roquebanos.es/ing/index.php used to work. It´s been down for the last two days though.
    I haven´t been able to find another shop where you can buy it, sorry (I bought mine "phisically" at Mediamarkt, a department store). I´ll keep watching though, let´s see if I can find one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thanks Marcel! I was talking about the score, that's something i want to hear; not the movie though, it doesn't interest me wink

Yeah I guessed you were talking about the score, but I can´t help bashing the movie a little bit tongue

The score is good, not his best work, that´s for sure, but if you liked "The Kovak Box" or "The Machinist" then you´ll probably like it. I´m trying to find out if it has been released; I´ve found a copy in ebay, but I´d like to confirm if it´s an official release. Anyway Roque is a bit like Brian Tyler, he usually releases all his works in the best form possible, so we´ll get it sooner or later wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Sadly, and acording to Scoremagacine, Baños has left Transsiberian, Brad "The Machinist" Anderson´s upcoming film.
  5. Marselus wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    anybody here have a place I could purchase Fragile? I only found it on download, wondering if you guys know any shop I could visit to purchase it?

Thanks

The online shop of this web http://www.roquebanos.es/ing/index.php used to work. It´s been down for the last two days though.
    I haven´t been able to find another shop where you can buy it, sorry (I bought mine "phisically" at Mediamarkt, a department store). I´ll keep watching though, let´s see if I can find one.

ah its not that its been down for weeks now! Argh well I'll wait when its back online
    oh I know what Mediamarkt is by the way, I'm Belgian biggrin