• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2011
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : LA GUERRE DU FEU ( QUEST FOR FIRE ) - Philippe Sarde

A fantastic score, the LSO, full choir...AWESOME!

yeah yeah, i know this is OT but the other NP thread is messed up spin

No, it's not.
    Get over there and remove your vile off topic babble off this thread. :smite:

dizzy silly
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2011
    NP: BROKEN CHINA (Richard Wright)

Lovely album with moody, film music-like textures here and there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2011
    I've never heard the Sarde piece before.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    I've never heard the Sarde piece before.
    Tom

It's the film score Tom ( somebody done broke the other NP thread so I posted it here ), it's excellent and I unreservedly recommend it to you.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm interested.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2011 edited
    Whoooaaaaw! Just discovered this Danish pop group: The Asteroids Galaxy Tour.

It's EXCELLENT! Totally my thing! An incredibly infectious mix of great psychedelic pop melodies, danceable acid jazz style infused indie stuff. It's like a more energetic version of The Dandy Warhols! Their debut CD Fruit is pretty much on non-stop repeat here these last two days, and I just CANNOT sit still.

They drive me Around The Bend, in the best possible way. Gotta daaance! bhangra bhangra bhangra

punk F*cking ACE! punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2011
    Martijn wrote

It's EXCELLENT! Totally my thing! An incredibly infectious mix of great psychedelic pop melodies, danceable acid jazz style infused indie stuff. It's like a more energetic version of The Dandy Warhols! Their debut CD Fruit is pretty much on non-stop repeat here these last two days, and I just CANNOT sit still.

They drive me Around The Bend, in the best possible way. Gotta daaance! bhangra bhangra bhangra

punk F*cking ACE! punk

Very cool, I like it. Retro and new at the same time.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote

Very cool, I like it. Retro and new at the same time.

Well put! Totally agree.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2011 edited
    Martijn wrote

punk F*cking ACE! punk

Very VERY catchy! I immediately RECOGNISED IT!

I couldn't put a name to the music until you posted it here Martijn, I think I'll check this album out, I really like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

I couldn't put a name to the music until you posted it here Martijn, I think I'll check this album out, I really like it.

Cool!

Beer commercials are forbidden in Norway, so I hadn't seen that before.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2011
    The complete recording of the New Babylon by Shostakovich. This is a new 2 CD Naxos release.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: JUMP BACK - THE BEST OF... (The Rolling Stones)

Perhaps not the very best, but has a decent selection of great rock'n'roll.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You can't always get what you want. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You better not Start Me Up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Shut up, Bitch!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm continuing exploring Howard Hanson. This morning I'm listening to his 3rd Symphony.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2011 edited
    sdtom wrote
    I'm continuing exploring Howard Hanson. This morning I'm listening to his 3rd Symphony.
    Tom

LOL!

Thanks for playing along, Tom! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2011 edited
    NP : OUT OF THE BLUE - ELO

It's been a very long time since I heard this album and right now I'm really enjoying it smile

I think this instrumental track from the album THE WHALE is dreamy and gorgeous, very thematic too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2011
    New Babylon was a first effort for Shostakovich and done in his unique style.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : A FUNK ODYSSEY - Jamiroquai

chicken

p.s. this album was released in 2001.....geddit? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: TALK (Yes)

Smooth, more streamlined Yes. I prefer the wacky 70's prog, but I like the super-professional, melodic later stuff too. This is Trevor Rabin's baby, mostly, with guest writer Roger Hodgson of my favourite band Supertramp on "Walls".
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : PLATINUM - Mike Oldfield

Superb!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The 3rd Symphony of Howard Hanson.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNomdeplume
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2011 edited
    I just listened to Jean Sibelius's Violin Concerto played by Gil Shaham and directed by Giuseppe Sinopoli.
    Needless to say, I'm especially fond of the vibrant third movement, arguably the most vividly romantic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2011
    I'm still listening to Howard Hanson. I've come to have a greater appreciation of the man and his music. In a way he is a throwback in time like me. His musical roots are embedded into the 19th Century. While I still live in the 21st Century my film music taste goes back to the 30's and 40's.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2011 edited
    NP : SYMPHONY # 1 - Johannes Brahms

Apparantly it took him 14 years to complete this symphony which has been described by critics as "Beethoven's 10th", whatever, I love it, superb work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2011
    Timmer wrote

Apparantly it took him 14 years to complete this symphony which has been described by critics as "Beethoven's 10th", whatever, I love it, superb work.

What is there not to love about it. As far as the Beethoven influence I can't disagree.
    tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2011
    I'm back to a little Shostakovich again this morning.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2011 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Timmer wrote

What is there not to love about it. As far as the Beethoven influence I can't disagree.
    tom

I really enjoyed listening to the Brahms work last night and must get around to reaquainting myself with his music, with the poor state of modern film music, rediscovering the great classics is a joy and privilege. In the meantime I can't help myself returning to my old haunts...

NP : SYMPHONY # 2 'A LONDON SYMPHONY' - Ralph Vaughan Williams

This is the award winning recording with the LSO conducted by Richard Hickox and featuring previously un-heard music "restored" to the symphony. It's a remarkable work!