• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2011
    NP : ON THE LAST FRONTIER - Einojuhani Rautavaara

A stunning work! Have you heard this one Tom?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2011 edited
    Thanks to Martijn's 'recently played songs' list I was influenced to play this...

NP : MUSIC INSPIRED BY THE LORD OF THE RINGS - Bo Hansson

I even set up my turntable just so I could listen to it, a very old favourite of mine cool

Here's a track from the album... FLIGHT TO THE FORD
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2011
    Ha! biggrin
    Never thought anyone would actually see that....let alone be inspired by it!
    And well done on the turntable! A house just isn't complete without (an operational) one.

I return to this album now and again. It's an interesting, dreamy, experimental jazz interpretation with decidedly estranging elements, especially the in and out weaving of the organ. An excellent word in Geeman for it is unheimisch. I'm not sure if there's an exact English equivalent.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011
    NP: LORD HERBERT OF CHERBURY'S LUTE BOOK

Great Harmonia Mundi release with some wonderful medieval lute music. Perfect for Sundays.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. COLDPLAY - MYLO XYLOTO

I really don't like the direction the guys are going in. I love their first three albums, especially 'A rush of blood to the head' but since Viva La Vida they seem to have changed their sound for the worse. One or two good songs here, the rest sounds completely 'meh'. Not sure but I wonder if it's the Brian Eno influence. slant
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011 edited
    NP : WATERMARK - Enya

I'm not really a fan but I've always liked this album a lot.

I absolutely love this song EXILE from the album.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011
    NP : RUBBER SOUL - The Beatles

An all time great album and quite rightly so!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011
    Good choices, both. Both are my favourite albums from either artist/group.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2011 edited
    NP : DECKSANDRUMSANDROCKANDROLL - The Propellerheads

Big beat excellence!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2011
    Deck sand drum san drock an droll?

THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Deck sand drum san drock an droll?

THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. angry

I accidently added one 'D' too many ( fixed now )...better?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    NO I'M STILL CONFUSED AND ANGRY. angry angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    NO I'M STILL CONFUSED AND ANGRY. angry angry

Doctor Tim knows what YOU WANT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Jesus titty fucking christ. Her rack is more epic than Ben Hur...

I... I want.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : IT'LL END IN TEARS - This Mortal Coil

Lovely!

This track SONG TO THE SIREN, a cover of the Tim Buckley song is stunning and was most recently heard in Peter Jackson's film THE LOVELY BONES.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm really only familiar with that song from the LOVELY BONES soundtrack, but it sounds like something I might like; that is worth exploring further.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The Russian Experience from Warner Classics.
    tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2011
    The Nordic Experience from Warner Classics. These are a series
    tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: AJA - STEELY DAN

Have you given it a spin yet Tim? I think I remember you saying you aquired it recently.

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    NP: AJA - STEELY DAN

Have you given it a spin yet Tim? I think I remember you saying you aquired it recently.

cool

Yes I have, great album as good as I remembered! love

I've taken things very easy tonight after last nights blow out and am finishing off the night with this...

NP : STILL LIFE ( TALKING ) - Pat Metheny Group

Melodic tune filled excellence, one of my favourite albums.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Fantastic choice as well. Tim, it was you who introduced me to Pat Metheny (among many others) and I have to say he's one of my favourite musical discoveries of recent years. Just my kind of thing. Cheers again!

beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thank you Lee beer

That's one of the things I like about the NP* threads, we all learn from one another, sometimes good and sometimes bad but it's always fun on the road to discovery.

*though I have to say I get more satisfaction from this thread than the film music one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    Thank you Lee beer

That's one of the things I like about the NP* threads, we all learn from one another, sometimes good and sometimes bad but it's always fun on the road to discovery.

*though I have to say I get more satisfaction from this thread than the film music one.

Certainly agree with this thread over the regular film music one
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thank you Lee beer

Certainly agree with this thread over the regular film music one

I agree too. There should be more participants here, though. It's usually just Tim, Tom (with his classical music), me and occasionally Martijn.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There's also ( at times ) Lee ( LSH ), Steven and Gilles ( Dream Theatre ).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I do listen to non-film music relatively often, I just tend not to post about it! (Although I do appreciate this thread as it's given me a fair share of recommendations.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011
    Steven wrote
    I do listen to non-film music relatively often, I just tend not to post about it! (Although I do appreciate this thread as it's given me a fair share of recommendations.)

...exactly why you must mention your plays wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm pretty much in the minority as far as classical music is concerned. Tim, Thor, and Martijn a little bit but it is something I listen to most every day.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Having said that I'm listening to Chet Baker and Gerry Mulligan. This is good in two respects. #1 the combination of the trumpet and baritone sax has a unique sound. #2 these two fine jazz artists perform well together.