• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011
    Another release from Delos. It is music of Tchaikovsky for piano and violin and very well recorded. The violin is incredibly crisp.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011
    NP : JOURNEY TO LOVE - Stanley Clarke

Just as good as the jazz you were playing earlier Tom, different but just as good.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2011
    NP : SHADOWS AND LIGHT - Joni Mitchell

Superb late evening album with a superb line-up of backing musicians including Pat Metheny, Lyle Mays and Jaco Pastorius.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : TOURIST - St Germain

Excellent! Another great recommendation if you've never heard this Lee?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Is there someone on earth who HASN'T heard this? shocked

THE lounge classic!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

THE lounge classic!

Well, it's been over ten years since it's release, times move fast and much is quickly forgotten but yeah, there seemed a point that you couldn't escape this album with some tracks ( like Moby's PLAY ) in constant media use.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I kinda miss lounge. sad

Still love most of the Buddha Bar CDs.
    And travelling South the style still seems to be very alive and kicking (especially in Spain and Portugal). cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2011 edited
    Love the Buddha Bar CD's!!

NP: AMERICAN JOURNEY (John Williams)

Great collection of Williams fanfares and concert pieces! The title track is fantastic.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2011
    Martijn wrote
    I kinda miss lounge. sad

Still love most of the Buddha Bar CDs.
    And travelling South the style still seems to be very alive and kicking (especially in Spain and Portugal). cool

Along the same lines you have Play Boy Lounge and Cafe Del Mar, all these are various degrees of good though you'll find certain tracks being repeated.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2011
    NP : FRANK - Amy Whinehouse

I love this album, the spirit of Etta James and Dusty Spingfield was very much alive with this talented but flawed artist.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2011 edited
    NP : AJA - Steely Dan

love

Cheers, Lee beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011
    NP: Rimsky Korsakov-Suite From Le Coq d'or . Written in 1907 the government felt that this opera was an attack on them and banned it. He died in 1908 so he never heard a performance of it. Part of it was completed by a very young Stravinsky after his death.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    NP: Rimsky Korsakov-Suite From Le Coq d'or . Written in 1907 the government felt that this opera was an attack on them and banned it. He died in 1908 so he never heard a performance of it. Part of it was completed by a very young Stravinsky after his death.
    Tom

Rimsky-Korsakov has been one of my favourite classical composers since I was a kid (he's very accesible and his famous, colourful orchestrations and melodies pre-shadow neo-romantic film music, of course), but I haven't heard that particular piece.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011 edited
    NP : FELT MOUNTAIN - Goldfrapp

A magnificent album, every track is great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011 edited
    I'll put up the first part of the suite called King Dodon in his Palace on my website. I think you'll enjoy it.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/12/10/r … al-suites/

Have a listen.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    not sure what is going on
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom

The first part of Le Coq d'or
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh no, Tom did break the board again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    not sure what is going on

There were two "quote" tags open in this post without closing "/quote" tags, Tom.
    That'll break the board every time.

I edited your post to remove the tags entirely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thanks I'll try to be more careful about this.
    tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011
    sdtom wrote

The first part of Le Coq d'or

Thanks!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My fault yet again. However, I did put the first part of the piece up. What do you all think?
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Very nice Tom! I always liked the combination of brass and strings in Korsakov! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    In Russia Rimsky-Korsakov is primarily known for this opera material. The rest of the world is primarily familiar with his three major orchestral works Capriccio Espagnol, Scheherazade, and Russian Easter Overture. This morning I'm listening to the music from his second opera May Night.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : AMERICANS - John Barry

An excellent album!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011 edited
    It certainly is!

Another fantastic recommendation. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2011
    Martijn wrote

THE lounge classic!

Never heard it or at least I wasn't aware of it.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    There's your answer Martijn biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : Louis Armstrong MEETS Oscar Peterson

A gorgeous album, a perfect blend of two legends. This is more of a late night listen but early evening on this cold, rainy night will do. cool