• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2022
    Timmer wrote
    It's always nice to pop by and see who still comes here. Being away from my music collection for so long obviously has an effect on my participation here.

Btw ( Thor? ) anyone heard Jean Michel Jarre's new album yet?

Just today, actually. It's pretty good. Not quite as good as AMAZONIA last year, but still excellent. He's veered into a darker, more ambient landscape lately, and that's a good thing. Despite his age, keeping at the forefront of what's happening in the world of electronica.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2022
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    It's always nice to pop by and see who still comes here. Being away from my music collection for so long obviously has an effect on my participation here.

Btw ( Thor? ) anyone heard Jean Michel Jarre's new album yet?

Just today, actually. It's pretty good. Not quite as good as AMAZONIA last year, but still excellent. He's veered into a darker, more ambient landscape lately, and that's a good thing. Despite his age, keeping at the forefront of what's happening in the world of electronica.

Wow! You've reminded me that I haven't heard Amazonia yet. I have some catching up to do.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2023
    Cesária Évora - Joaquim Paris
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77px0jnkquU

If you need solace, a shot of melancholy, and want to hear one of the best singers of all times....
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2023
    NP: SAMPLER (Underworld)

A four hour compilation of various Underworld tracks I've assembled over the years (no, I'm not going to play all of it now). I should organize them better in my iTunes, but anyway...great music, of course.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2024
    NP: INEFFABLE MYSTERIES FROM SHPONGLELAND (Shpongle)

Always been a big Shpongle fan, but I haven't played their last three albums enough (the first three have been on constant rotation over the years). It's all great psybient, however. Mystical, ethereal and often funky too. I wish Posford did film music at some point, he would be perfect for it.

(PS. I wish Martijn were still around, he loved Shpongle too).
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I may just go and take a listen. I have never heard of him/her/them!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2024
    NP: NERVE NET (Brian Eno)

My third favourite Eno solo work, after THE LOVELY BONES and MUSIC FOR FILM. More accessible, some beats, even. Dig those Manchester beats that were prevalent in the early 90s.
    I am extremely serious.