• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2014
    Martijn wrote
    HELL yeah! punk beer flash bhangra fireworks
    My favourite New Order song by FAR!

really!?

how does it feel?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2014
    Seriously though, it's great to hear someone say their favourite New Order track isn't Blue Monday, superb piece of pop though it is.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2014
    I was playing KATE BUSH excellent album THE SENSUAL WORLD earlier and I just came across this comment from MICHAEL NYMAN on FB.....

Michael Nyman

My one experience of working with Kate Bush - a string sextet arrangement of Reaching Out on the Sensual World album - would, I thought be pretty brief.
    I told the players, who I believe may have included Bill Hawkes, that they would probably be out of the studio in 25 minutes or so as the arrangement was quite simple and would be lost in a rich texture that had already been recorded. Instead of which Kate impressively used the whole 3 hour session to micromanage the arrangement, the performance, the recording and the mix with scrupulous attention to detail than I have ever given to recording my own music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014
    Timmer wrote
    Jim Ware wrote
    NP: Symphony No.4 - 'Heroes' - Philip Glass

Based on the music of David Bowie and Brian Eno. This is the new recording with Dennis Russell Davies and the Basel Symphony Orchestra, and it's a tremendous improvement on earlier recordings; this is not hardcore minimalist Glass.

Glad to hear that. I need to catch up with this version.

Pick up his recent recording of Symphony No.1 - Low too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014 edited
    Thank you Sasquatch, will do! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014 edited
    WOW!!!!

How many bloody strings has this thing got!?? shocked
  1. Just finished playing:

Symphonie Nr. 2 Auferstehung / Resurrection by Gustav Mahler
    Leonard Bernstein conducting the New York Philhamonics. DG 1986

Boy, the Light of the Force goes nova in that final. Two hours of other-worldly beauty.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2014
    Bruckner Symphony No. 3. I find this to be soothing and spiritual for me. Helps me get my focus back.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. ^ Now playing. A beautiful work, Tom.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2014
    I like Bruckner a lot. The 3rd is excellent though my personal favourite is his 7th.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2014 edited
    NP : FIRST CIRCLE - Pat Metheny Group

One of my all time favourite albums. Brilliant composer blessed with an exceptional melodic sense and incredible musicianship. Like all the greatest artists he has his own unique voice. Man's a genius!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    ^ Now playing. A beautiful work, Tom.

There is something that just draws you into the work and changes your spiritual being. While I like all of his material before 00,0,1, and 2 this one captures the being in me.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2014
    NP : ONE SECOND - Yello

Electronica on steroids cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2014
    Yello always make me think of Nuns on the Run!
  3. Yello always make me think of my favourite music show back in the 80s. They used "The Race" in their intro.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2014
    NP: EQUINOXE (Jean Michel Jarre)

I've been playing so much new stuff recently that I needed a break with something I know by heart and that I hadn't played in a while.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    NP: EQUINOXE (Jean Michel Jarre)

I've been playing so much new stuff recently that I needed a break with something I know by heart and that I hadn't played in a while.

Still my favourite Jarre album, probably because it's the first one I bought.
  4. I prefer OXYGENE a wee bit.

Volker
  5. NP: Voulez-Vous (1979) - ABBA

The Beatles, ABBA, The Stones, Bee Gees, ... I fear we won't see such unifying phenomena in pop music again. Things have gotten too diverse and too short-lived. OASIS mabe was the last band that achieved something like that at least at a national level.

Such a great album!

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Voulez-Vous (1979) - ABBA

The Beatles, ABBA, The Stones, Bee Gees, ... I fear we won't see such unifying phenomena in pop music again. Things have gotten too diverse and too short-lived. OASIS mabe was the last band that achieved something like that at least at a national level.

Such a great album!

Volker

I'm sure very young teenage girls will tell you how wrong you are.

One Direction or 1D as they're known.

Manufactured junk but hey, what do I know. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Voulez-Vous (1979) - ABBA

Such a great album!

Volker

I can appreciate their 70s efforts for what they are, and it's swingin' dancefloor music, but there's really only one ABBA album I consider a masterpiece pop album, and that is their last -- VISITORS from 1982. Aside from CHESS, obviously, but that's a different beast altogether.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2014 edited
    NP : CONCERTO FOR GROUP AND ORCHESTRA - Deep Purple

Prog rock meets the symphony. The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by no less than Malcolm Arnold.

It is on Spotify for those interested.
  6. NP: VII (1978) - Barclay James Harvest

Old love doesn't rust. punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2014 edited
    Timmer wrote
    NP : CONCERTO FOR GROUP AND ORCHESTRA - Deep Purple

Prog rock meets the symphony. The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by no less than Malcolm Arnold.

It is on Spotify for those interested.

I'd forgotten just how bloody excellent this is punk ( Thor, go check it out man! )

It's been wayyyyyy too long!

I should point out to avoid confusion that though known as heavy metal/hard rock band now, back then ( 1969 ) they were pretty much prog rock.

p.s. Don't get scared, this is NOTHING like those cheesy LSO does rock albums.
  7. I always thought there was a distinct difference between hard rock (KISS) and heavy metal (METALLICA)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2014
    NP: Othello Symphony - Elliot Goldenthal

Wild and crazy, but more accessible than the recent release of his early chamber works. An excellent distillation of the best bits of the ballet, which incidentally is still available from Varese Sarabande and very highly recommended.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2014
    NP : OCEANIC - Vangelis

Gorgeous! love
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Gorgeous! love

It is, isn't it?
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Gorgeous! love

It is, isn't it?

Yes, it is.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The stars are aligned. Is Jesus returning?