• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Man on the Rocks Instrumental Version (2014) - Mike Oldfield

This album is a disappointment. Telling that I like the instrumental version better than the one with vocals. It makes for some OK undemanding background listening.

Volker

I'm afraid none of it did anything for me. Very disappointing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. NP: Brief Nocturnes and Dreamless Sleep (2013) - Spock's Beard

Fantastic! Classy neo-progressive rock.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. NP: From Earth To Mars - Arturo Rodríguez

This may as well be a film score: it's a fantastic voyage. Here's a link to the opening "Overture"

http://youtu.be/teoIeywXCok

And it looks like the same YouTuber has uploaded all the other movements of the piece too. Definitely worth checking.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2014
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: From Earth To Mars - Arturo Rodríguez

This may as well be a film score: it's a fantastic voyage. Here's a link to the opening "Overture"

http://youtu.be/teoIeywXCok

And it looks like the same YouTuber has uploaded all the other movements of the piece too. Definitely worth checking.

Because of you I bought it. Great stuff! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. NP: Adiemus: Songs of Sanctuary (1995) - Carl Jenkins
    London Philharmonic Orchestra; Miriam Stockley; The Adiemus Choir

This brilliant album has lost none of its magic.

Volker
  4. NP: Das Lied von der Erde / The Song of the Earth - Gustav Mahler
    Vienna Philharmonics; Leonard Bernstein; James King; Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau. 1967 Deutsche Grammophon
  5. NP Symphnie Nr. 3 - Gustav Mahler
    Berliner Philharmoniker; London Symphony Chorus; City of Birmingham Symphony Youth Chorus; Claudio Abbado. Deutsche Grammophon 1999

Intoxicatingly beautiful! I'm a fanboy when it comes to Mahler. I listen to all his symphonies and symphonic poems these days.
  6. Songs from the 60s. Just playing: Hiroshima by Wishful Thinking

Dion: Abraham, Martin and John cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2014
    NP : SOLID AIR - John Martyn

Classic! One of the greatest albums ever IMO. Want to win a girl over? Play her this!
  7. NP: Octoberon (1975) - Barclay James Harvest

love
  8. NP: Gone to Earth (1977) - Barclay James Harvest

love love
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2014
    NP: ENDLESS RIVER (Pink Floyd)

Finally got it in the mail! First CD purchase in a long, long time -- and it delivers!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2014
    Thor wrote
    NP: ENDLESS RIVER (Pink Floyd)

Finally got it in the mail! First CD purchase in a long, long time -- and it delivers!

I just bought this today. I haven't listed to it yet though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2014
    NP : THE ENDLESS RIVER - Pink Floyd

About halfway through. Very positive opinion so far.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2014
    NP : RUBBER SOUL - The Beatles

One of their best albums. Love it!
  9. NP: Schitzophonia (1977) - Mike Batt

So brilliant!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2014
    Timmer wrote
    NP : RUBBER SOUL - The Beatles

One of their best albums. Love it!

I've just realised I was playing this yesterday, 8th December, when on that date 34 years ago a fuck-up shot Lennon dead in New York.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2014
    Sometime synchronicity just hits you over the head with a lead pipe. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  10. NP: Written in the Stars (1994) - Sandra Schwarzhaupt / Mike Batt

Sandra Schwarzhaupt is a German mezzo-soprano. She was hyped as a wunderkind during the 80s and was practically burned out. She made several albums during the 90s, one of which was produced by Mike Batt. This meant a turn from calssical to pop music for Schwarzhaupt and that prooved a bad decision. She would later return to calssical music. Today she lives in New York.
    Of the 12 songs this album 11 are original compositions by Batt not to be found anywhere else. "Sailing Ships from Heaven" was liftet from SONGS OF LOVE AND WAR but this is an entirely different recording. For fans of Mike Batt it's a clear recommendation.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2014
    NP: RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES (Daft Punk)

One of the best damn albums in the 2000s!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2014
    Thor wrote
    NP: RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES (Daft Punk)

One of the best damn albums in the 2000s!

It is rather good.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2014
    I wish I'd known about this slant It was performed a 5 minute local train ride from me.

THE LARK ASCENDING
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2014
    But alas, that lark has flown.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014
    NP: JABBERWOCKY (Elliot Goldenthal)

Hmmm....I don't know. This is a bit too 'out there' even for me to like it. Too whimsical and modern. But the instrumental is better than the song version.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2014
    NP: MINNESOTA SHOWCASE. This was a $.99 cent bargain I found which offers the Reference Recording quality along with a wonderful performance of Don Juan. This work certainly influenced Korngold and his writing of Sea Hawk and Robin Hood.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  11. NP: The Snow Goose (1975) - Camel

This album is best experianced via headphones in the dark. Sublime.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: The Snow Goose (1975) - Camel

This album is best experianced via headphones in the dark. Sublime.

Volker

Great album! Great work from one time Mike Oldfield regular orchestrator David Bedford too.
  12. I've been listening to Yo Yo Ma Plays the Music of John Williams. Who knew Williams could go avant-garde? O_O
  13. Williams' concert work is as avant-garde as it gets. The same goes for some of his scores, for example Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
  14. Some songs by Austrian chansonnier Udo Jürgens, who died yesterday at 80. I quite like some of his earlier hits, my mother, as many of her generation, is a big fan. Jürgens was huge all over the German speaking world, comparable to Charles Aznavour in France or Paul Anka in the US.