• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2017
    Aaron Kernis wrote works "Three Flavors" and "Two Movements with Bells" in 2013. This is for people who enjoy the mixture of tonal and atonal style. Will give it a listen as it is on now and then an opinion.
    Tom confused
    listen to more classical music!
  1. NP: A story about Jellical Cats and Old Grizabella ascending to the Heavyside Layer. :sob: cat

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. NP: The Hunting of the Snark (1987) - Mike Batt

Outstanding!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2017
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: The Hunting of the Snark (1987) - Mike Batt

Outstanding!

It is, most of the songs are exceptional, and I love 'Children Of The Sky'.
    Hurt's and Gielgud's declamation are absolutely on point as well.
    Great album!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2017
    Debussy wrote 3 ballets that he never finished. Someone else orchestrated them and it is a new release on Bis. I really like it so look for a review on my Naxos site soon.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017
    sdtom wrote
    Debussy wrote 3 ballets that he never finished. Someone else orchestrated them and it is a new release on Bis. I really like it so look for a review on my Naxos site soon.

I look forward to it Tom, you know I'm a huge Debussy fan.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017
    you'll love it my friend. I've been listening to it for a couple of days and each time I grow fonder of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2017
    starting to work on the debussy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2017
    "There is no theory. It is enough to listen. Pleasure is the rule." Claude Debussy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2017
    sdtom wrote
    "There is no theory. It is enough to listen. Pleasure is the rule." Claude Debussy

That sounds fairly Aleister Crowley/Alex Saunders-ish! smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2017
    Perhaps he borrowed it. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2017
    Are you familiar Timmer with Richard Hickox the composser who died suddenly?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2017
    on the new blade runner:

I want to meet the twat you heard this https://youtu.be/TIaS60-y5Vo and said that yeah, this man can't write, not safe, so we better bring zimmer and wallfisch in wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Probably Mr. Ridley Scott himself? wink

And I think Ridley asked Hans, Hans asked Wallfisch to help out bigger time than usual as he's still touring.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Are you familiar Timmer with Richard Hickox the composser who died suddenly?

Conductor Tom. Yes, I'm very familiar with him. His untimely death meant he didn't finish his Vaughan Williams cycle of symphonies, he recorded all except the 7th 'Antartica', a sad loss.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    His take on Vaughan Williams symphony # 2 'A London Symphony' is brilliant and notably a Gramophone winning recording.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    His take on Vaughan Williams symphony # 2 'A London Symphony' is brilliant and notably a Gramophone winning recording.

Like you I like him and have several recordings he has done but not the second. Should I get it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A hodgepodge of classsical compositions from Lee Holdridge
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2017 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Timmer wrote

Like you I like him and have several recordings he has done but not the second. Should I get it?

Yes and YES again Tom. It is magnificent. Believe me, you will not regret it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2017
    NP: WINDSWEPT (Johnny Jewel)

Love this album. Very TWIN PEAKS-y all around, which isn't so weird since it was inspired by it and several of the tracks turn up in the actual season 3 episodes. Very cool
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Ordered the Vaughan Williams 2nd Symphony. Maybe it will be time to update my Boult recordings
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Right now I'm listening to the Violin Concerto of Holdridge.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    OLD BIKE - Rob Cantor

Give it a listen! Well composed, beautiful song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z4iWAnrMGU
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2017
    will do
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2017
    Chris Cornell - You Know My Name

I'll be playing this live (on piano) in a few weeks!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Ordered the Vaughan Williams 2nd Symphony. Maybe it will be time to update my Boult recordings

A wise decision Tom beer

I love Hickox RVW recordings. Boult's recordings are superlative and of course Boult was RVW's conductor of choice.
  4. Aidabaida wrote
    Chris Cornell - You Know My Name

I'll be playing this live (on piano) in a few weeks!

Are you, perhaps, a fan of the man's work? cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    DreamTheater wrote

Are you, perhaps, a fan of the man's work? cheesy

Never heard another song of his except that one.
  5. Never mind then... biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2017 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Never mind then... biggrin

Sometimes I love a song but just feel no interest in delving deeper into the artist's work...no idea why. ¯_(ツ)_/¯