• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2018
    NP: CONNECTIONS (A.R. Rahman)

Such a brilliant studio album from 2009.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. NP: Let it Be (1970) - The Beatles

What a farewell. What an incredible swansong.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2018
    a new reference recording which has superior sound ofbeethoven's eroica symphony a powerful work.
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Mark Knopfler - Get Lucky

I love his post-Dire Straits work. Got more mellow, but he expanded inwards, this one has an actual small orchestral ensemble (horns and strings). What's even more interesting is that it's the second album he had co-arranged/orchestrated by, of all people, Rupert Gregson-Williams.

Some beautiful highlights on this one, my particular favourites are Border Reiver (corker of an opening track and that Celtic melody there is exquisite), Before Gas and TV, Remembrance Day is a beauty and the two final tracks (So Far from the Clyde and Piper to the End) are quite beautiful as well.

Spotify features a bonus track, Early Bird. I don't think I ever heard before.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2018
    TANGO IN THE NIGHT - FLEETWOOD MAC

Getting myself psyched up for a laidback evening in the pub.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2018 edited
    NP: ORPHÉE (Jóhann Jóhannsson)

Soooo beautiful. cry
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2018
    SECRET STORY - PAT METHENY

An absolute masterpiece.

I'd been a massive fan of the Pat Metheny Group for years but it was our good old Tim who directed me towards this nugget of excellence.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2018 edited
    LSH wrote
    SECRET STORY - PAT METHENY

An absolute masterpiece.

I'd been a massive fan of the Pat Metheny Group for years but it was our good old Tim who directed me towards this nugget of excellence.

Check out his concert with the Dutch Metropole Orchestra on YT Lee. It's bloody excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVfDhlXQaLs
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2018 edited
    ONE MAN - MARK KING

Would love to see him live. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2018
    I've been listening to the album Funeral by Arcade Fire on repeat recently. It's absolutely stunning stuff.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  3. Ah. Hunger Games. I knew that rang some bell. Will check it out.

Volker
  4. For the Fallen Herrmann

A really emotive and mournful concert piece that Herrmann wrote in 1943 while the world was at war. There's a string passage reminiscent of music from the track 'The Stairs' from 'Psycho'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2018
    Kid A

i've been listening to this almost nonstop. How haven't I heard it until now?! So good.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  5. NP: Barclay James Harvest And Other Short Stories (1971)

In my long gone adolescence years I played this LP to death.
    Recently I saw John Lee's current band on their German tour. They have made sort of a comeback here playing packed smaller venues.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2018
    NP : JOB A MASQUE FOR DANCING - Ralph Vaughan Williams

It's been a long time since I've played this excellent work.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Dire Straits: aLCHEMY (1984)

Got me the BluRay. Mark Knopfler at the peak of his powers. Fantastic musicians live at the Hammersmith Odeon. Such a great concert!

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2018
    Warming up to the new Mark Knopfler album, Volker?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: EQUINOXE INFINITY (Jean Michel Jarre)

Very BLADE RUNNER 2049-inspired (as Jarre himself admits); more film music in style than the original EQUINOXE. But charming incorporations of the old analogue sounds.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Ouch! I forgot about that one!

V.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Ouch! I forgot about that one!

V.

The new Knopfler or the new Jarre?
    I am extremely serious.
  8. The new Jarre. Ordered it immediately. Knopfler /Dire Straits are a best-of affair for me. I never collected the albums. I'll check it out anyway.

smile Volker
  9. Thor wrote
    NP: EQUINOXE INFINITY (Jean Michel Jarre)

Very BLADE RUNNER 2049-inspired (as Jarre himself admits); more film music in style than the original EQUINOXE. But charming incorporations of the old analogue sounds.

The Vangelis influence is evident in "Watchers". Apart from that I feel more reminded of "Chronology" than of any other Jarre album. It's more accessible for me than "Oxygene 3" was. A fine album I say on first listen.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2018
    Yes, I agree it's more accesible than OXYGENE 3, but like that album, quite uneven in quality.

I think he should do a third volume of ELECTRONICA soon, as he was really firing on all cylinders there, along with the collaborators.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2018
    NP: PLANET JARRE (Jean Michel Jarre)

A selection of 6 tracks I didn't already own; or that are remixes. The others on the set, I already have.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Thor wrote
    Yes, I agree it's more accesible than OXYGENE 3, but like that album, quite uneven in quality.

I think he should do a third volume of ELECTRONICA soon, as he was really firing on all cylinders there, along with the collaborators.

I have problems ripping the Infinity CD properly. There are popping sounds at the end of every track not audible on the CD itself. I tried EAC (my standard), MediaPlayer, two different PCs... Annoying. Maybe a bad pressing. sad

Volker
  11. Arvo Part - Tabula Rasa

The work itself. The first part is unnerving and nervous itself, but the "calm after the storm" that comes right after is plain beautiful and downright soothing.

The legendary composer received a honorary doctorate on the Warsaw Music University a few weeks ago. The man feels like someone who has experienced another realm, really. So modest, calm. There was a book published to commemorate the event, a limited edition. I bought it.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  12. NP: The Dark Side of the Moon (1974) - Pink Floyd

It's been ages, since I actually put on the CD and listened to it in its entirety. One of the albums I already owned on LP during my high school years before the CD came around. A legend.

Volker
  13. Captain Future wrote
    NP: The Dark Side of the Moon (1974) - Pink Floyd

It's been ages, since I actually put on the CD and listened to it in its entirety. One of the albums I already owned on LP during my high school years before the CD came around. A legend.

Volker

I can't listen to this album. I remember when we performed some - what would probably be called today, interpretive - dance at a regional primary schools dance competition. A piece from that album was from that album. By the time we had practiced and practiced and practiced the dance, I had grown to hate it!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2018
    BLACK CHERRY - GOLDFRAPP

Goldfrapp always gets played on my watch on Christmas Day. Usually late on when everyone's dying.

Perfect.

cool beer
  14. NP: Der Blaue Planet / The Blue Planet (1982) - Karat

This album is a German rock legend. Karat was one of the few East German rock acts that would find a larger audience in West Germany, where I grew up. The string synth pads sound cheesy as hell by today's standards, but what the hack!
    Solid song writing, a bit progressive even.

Volker