• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010 edited
    Really saddened by this news. If this means Jackson might step forward to direct again, that would be fantastic, but he made very clear he has no desire to do so. Besides, I was really looking forward to see Tolkien's story as filtered through the dark senses of Del Toro. He really is among the very few who I think would be perfect for this, as he, like Jackson, doesn't feel like American Hollywood. As brilliant as Spielberg is, I don't think he would be right for this. Besides, he'd never step into Jackson's world, as he would't step into Lucas' Star Wars.

People are also talking about Raimi again, especially as he just lost his own franchise (Spider-Man will be rebooting without him). But that would be the worst thing that could happen to The Hobbit, if you'd ask me...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    Also here.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28016
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Imagine if Steven Spielberg jumped on board. He and Jackson are having a great time filming (mo-caping... whatever) The Adventures of Tintin...

-Erik-

THAT would be great. The answer why some people are rejoicing for DelToro's removal.

Only if John williams gets to come...
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    Or Howard Shore? Dunno, maybe this could be his big return score.
  2. Spielberg = Williams
  3. I'd like the look and feel (and music) of The Hobbit to be in keeping with what went before. Del Toro's style seemed to be something that could have done this but with some personal embellishments. But someone like Spielberg doesn't seem appropriate for that cohesiveness between the trilogy and the prequel(s). And I think the same for Williams as a possible composer.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'd like the look and feel (and music) of The Hobbit to be in keeping with what went before. Del Toro's style seemed to be something that could have done this but with some personal embellishments. But someone like Spielberg doesn't seem appropriate for that cohesiveness between the trilogy and the prequel(s). And I think the same for Williams as a possible composer.

Agree!

I'd rarely say this but Spielberg and Williams is a big no, no, as far as The Hobbit is concerned.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. I just want another John Williams album. wink Of course spielberg is wrong for HOBBIT.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think many of us would lover another Williams album, it's been a long time.

Though being a John Barry fan I guess I've got more than used to waiting a VERY LONG TIME for the scant possibility of anything new.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. I'd take a John Barry HOBBIT score. Take us back to DANCES WITH WOLVES maybe, John. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    franz_conrad wrote
    I'd take a John Barry HOBBIT score. Take us back to DANCES WITH WOLVES maybe, John. smile

Noooooooooooooooooo.....
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! punk biggrin wink
  6. Ah, the joys of life. To think that the same post could prompt both those responses...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Maybe.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010
    News here in Greece report that he's just confirmed to direct both movies, Peter Jackson that is.

I also found this link here.

http://www.moviecritic.com.au/peter-jac … he-hobbit/
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010 edited
    Erm, that news article is from December 2007 - from before the whole Guillermo thing wink

Last thing I heard, was that Neil Blomkamp (District 9) was in talks, because Jackson still held firm that he didn't want the gig, despite offerings from MGM. Empire, who is usually very quick on the news but isn't listing rumors, hasn't reported it yet... But we'll see. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010 edited
    http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/06/p … ovies.html

This site is indeed confirming that he's in talks and that MGM wants him for the job, though there hasn't been made any decision yet nor a confirmation has been given. Good news nonetheless!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2010
    It will be in safe hands if he directs. So will the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am hoping for a return to LOTR territory. His LOVELY BONES flick was pretty uninspired and awful at times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2010 edited
    I didn't see Lovely Bones (I've read the book) but I do hope too that he will direct it as TLOTR.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think LOVELY BONES is underrated.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Instead of "underrated" i read "retarded" and was ready to hit a reply with " i agree".
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2010
    Yeap, it's a confirmed one, finally.

" the big news today was that two separate sources confirmed that The Hobbit has finally nabbed that all-important greenlight, and the two films are set to start shooting concurrently in February next year. "

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29220
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I seriously hope Shore will be attatched.
  7. If Jackson is directing, that will almost certainly be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Howard Shore had already agreed to do it when Jackson and Del Toro approached him and had conversations with him about the projects, when they were in the script stage. So, yeah, you can expect Shore to be the composer smile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice, expecting more LOTR goodness, finally.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2011
    Peter Jackson Posts First Photos from “The Hobbit” on His Facebook Page

http://failbook.failblog.org/2011/03/21 … book-page/
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    Peter Jackson Posts First Photos from “The Hobbit” on His Facebook Page

http://failbook.failblog.org/2011/03/21 … book-page/

The question is....why is it posted on Failblog?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2011
    http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/20 … 229800.jpg