• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2011
    And here is an article to go with that image D posted. I'm not familiar with 48fps shooting but from what I read it's great for 3D viewing but what about watching the "film" without 3D glasses? I don't want to see a $300 million "video." 24fps is what make film film. Man, I wish 3D would die a horrible, horrible death.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Same here, really. Are they shooting on film for this one?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's all digital, D.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I like the logo, it follows the same design as LOTR nicely.

Yes folks, you heard it here, someone enjoying a logo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I love logos. I visit this site daily!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2011
    Hopefully future generations of movie-goers will grow up without this strange mental association between 24fps and "film." I mean, I understand the feeling, but once you get over said feeling, a higher FPS is so much more immersive and "like you're really there."
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Anthony wrote
    Yes folks, you heard it here, someone enjoying a logo.

Hey, we're people that spend significant amount of time on having good album art, it's the same thing really smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I saw X-Men: First Class on wednesday projected digitally, and somehow it was a frustrating experience to not being able to tell when reels are changed, the intermission is coming, etc. So when I saw The Tree of Life projected on film, the return of that sensation of watching a film really felt somehow like a relief. It works on both a subconscious and a very conscious level with me.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2011
    In case you didn't see it shared in your Facebook feed about a million times, the trailer for The Hobbit is here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0k3kHty … e&hd=1
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hahaha i was just about to post this now!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2011 edited
    Great! I'm so happy to see that Ian Holm -- one of my favourite actors -- is in it, even though it may just be the bookends of the film. I was hoping they would be able to write him back in!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Looks good...but too much of a teaser yet, we'll have to see more smile (not that we need convincing or anything)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Nice to hear some new Shore in there too. punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Jim Ware wrote

Absolutely! beer

I think Martin Freeman is perfectly cast.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I really like that one of my favourite actors Ian Holm has been written back in, even though he will only appear in the bookends, probably!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Didn't you already say that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Apparently Thor really likes that one of his favourite actors Ian Holm has been written back in, even though he will only appear in the bookends, probably.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I gather Thor just preferred to be as complete as possible.
    In a rather chronological way.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ha, ha....you're right!

I've been saying the same thing on so many different boards now that my mind is going in loops!

IAN HOLM FOR PRESIDENT!!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Ha, ha....you're right!

I've been saying the same thing on so many different boards now that my mind is going in loops!

IAN HOLM FOR PRESIDENT!!

Impossible! He's not US born. On the plus side he's been written into THE HOBBIT where he'll chronologically bookend the film.

I expect you didn't know that.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Ha, ha....you're right!

IAN HOLM FOR PRESIDENT!!

Impossible! He's not US born. On the plus side he's been written into THE HOBBIT where he'll chronologically bookend the film.

I expect you didn't know that.

So what you're saying is that Ian Holm will be in the movie, and that he will be in the bookends of the film. Most probably, anyway?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yes, but chronologically. You won't like it.
  1. Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Ha, ha....you're right!

IAN HOLM FOR PRESIDENT!!

Impossible! He's not US born.

Prove it! We want the Birth Certificate! wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He was born in Hobbiton on Middle-Earth, I know this is true because I've seen the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Jim Ware wrote

Absolutely! beer

I think Martin Freeman is perfectly cast.

Me too. He even seems rather similar to Ian Holm's portrayal of the character. Kinda innocent, likable and funny.

The new Shore theme sounds great. There will be many other themes I'm sure. I hope the old themes won't be referenced too much (except for the ring theme as heard in the trailer), as I greedily want as many new themes as possible.

In any case, I've never looked forward to a movie or a score so much before in my life. Looking forward to the score more, even though I'm fanatically looking forward to the movie.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    One think I wonder about is the dragon though. Dragons have been portrayed in countless movies, many with great CGI effects, so it's difficult to imagine them creating a dragon as immense and frigtening as the balrog in LOTR. Perhaps one will end up with a feeling that one has seen it all before.

Peter dino
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    One think I wonder about is the dragon though. Dragons have been portrayed in countless movies, many with great CGI effects, so it's difficult to imagine them creating a dragon as immense and frigtening as the balrog in LOTR. Perhaps one will end up with a feeling that one has seen it all before.

Peter dino

The first time I saw a dragon that was really convincing was in DRAGONSLAYER. Dragons are Dragons, you can't reinvent the wheel, you just have to hope what they come up with is satisfying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    SO excited for these films. I'm willing to bet Shore's score is going to rock, as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

The first time I saw a dragon that was really convincing was in DRAGONSLAYER.

Oh yes! Phil Tippett and go motion. Genius!

I think the only other convincing dragon that I've seen on screen was in REIGN OF FIRE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPOMS-Ym … re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o6rFsEG … re=related

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Two major highlights next year - PROMETHEUS (which is THE thing for me) and this one.
    I am extremely serious.