• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thor wrote
    Two major highlights next year - PROMETHEUS (which is THE thing for me) and this one.

Yep, the only two movies for which I'm willing to spend a ticket on next year.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011
    I'll be in line for Spielberg's Lincoln.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Ah yeah, that too, if it comes out next year.

After all, WAR HORSE doesn't premiere in Norway untill way out in January.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Not a fan of Nolan's Batmans? That's up there with the Hobbit for me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    christopher wrote
    Not a fan of Nolan's Batmans? That's up there with the Hobbit for me.

THE HOBBIT, THE AVENGERS, PROMETHEUS are my must sees.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Should be interesting!? More importantly it's John Williams scoring another President that gets my mouth watering.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote
    christopher wrote

Ah, yes, I'm looking forward to THE AVENGERS just as much as the two I previously mentioned. Haven't heard of PROMETHEUS until this thread. I'll have to look it up.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011 edited
    It's an ALIEN prequel, it's Ridley Scott, hopefully back on form.

I want to see the BATMAN film too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Prometheus is the prequel to Alien, directed by Ridley Scott. I take it you're not a big fan of the Alien saga christopher?

Tim beat me to it.

And Batman? No, the previous two were as bloated as they were not fun. But that's just me.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    christopher wrote

I have high expectations for only one of those films! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I can't wait!!! The hint of the score in the trailer was enough to make my day! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    DreamTheater wrote
    Prometheus is the prequel to Alien, directed by Ridley Scott. I take it you're not a big fan of the Alien saga christopher?

I'm a fan (though mostly of Alien and Aliens), but I hadn't heard of this project either before this thread admittedly. Now that I've seen the teaser trailer and read about it, my interest is piqued.

Peter lick
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    I take it you're not a big fan of the Alien saga christopher?

Correct. I've only seen parts of those films on TV. Not my kind of thing. A bit too much for me, I'm afraid. I will be interested to hear what fans of the franchise think about Scott's new film, though. And I'll be interested to see who scores it and what they come up with. They've some big shoes to fill.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011
    christopher wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Correct. I've only seen parts of those films on TV. Not my kind of thing. A bit too much for me, I'm afraid. I will be interested to hear what fans of the franchise think about Scott's new film, though. And I'll be interested to see who scores it and what they come up with. They've some big shoes to fill.

Marc Streitenfeild

Don't shoot, I'm only the messenger.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011
    Yeap, it's already out there; the word.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Timmer wrote
    christopher wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Marc Streitenfeild

Don't shoot, I'm only the messenger.

Oh. I guess I should have known....
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2012
    Apparently someone composed this suite, based on the themes heard in The Hobbit trailer.

I like it!

Does anyone know when the score will be released? (Yes I know, first: summer!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2012
    THE HOBBIT Underwhelms At 48 Frames Per Second

This is exactly what I feared. I had a feeling the 48 f/s would look like video.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012
    Docu-style shooting...
  6. I don't get it, what's wrong with 24 fps. I've never watched a blu-ray and thought it looked jerky. sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012
    How does more frames give clearer image quality? Surely it would just be super smooth motion? (Which looks bad enough on those new TV's with stupidly high refresh rates. It shouldn't look that smooth!)
  7. Panning in hi def formats would look a lot better for those who don't like strobing. That's a problem with digital rather than film, mind you. Although I've heard claims that film at 60 fps behaves very differently to film at 24. It also looks 'more like video', which suggests that it isn't entirely about shooting format but the way our eyes follow motion.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  8. Apparently the recording of Howard Shore's music for The Hobbit begins today. And Doug Adams is to write a book about the music. From Doug's blog.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012
    Thanks for the info Alan. Let's hope the resulting score actually deserves a book wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Apparently the recording of Howard Shore's music for The Hobbit begins today. And Doug Adams is to write a book about the music. From Doug's blog.

I have no interest in a book but this is the score I'm most looking forward to hearing this year by a long LOOOOOOOOOOOONG way.
  9. Agreed! I am keen to hear what's new, what's familiar, what's hinted at, etc.

A book will be nice. I have the first music book but it is a bit too technical for me. But I do enjoy flicking through it now and again.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  10. so, the full trailer of The Hobbit is out

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/

I must admit, it looks LOTR delicious all over again love and it's a good trailer on itself, but give me that marvelous first (teaser) trailer over this any day
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2012 edited
    Agreed (that it looks good, I don't necessarily prefer the teaser over the trailer)!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2012
    YES PLEASE! SOLD!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2012 edited
    Well, it certainly has potential and it looks quite good (though I also feel it's too sharp, too refined for a film that should feel more old-fashioned, what the original trilogy did). What's bothering me the most is the music - sure, it's placeholder music for just the trailer and won't affect anything of the finished film, but it just ruins the Lord of the Ringsey feel for me that the teaser DID have, simply because it used (new!) Howard Shore music. Sight and sound just don't gel for me here, at all, to the point that it quite bothers me.

PR-people, there's over 10 hours of music for this world already there, why not use it?!