• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008
    31/1 YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! :going crazy:
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Shut up! You get it on a Thursday, wtf?! I have to wait until Sunday... angry

...now I'm going dark, and not returning to this thread until I've seen 4.01. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008 edited
    L-Day!!...I can´t hardly wait!!
    Yes Anthony, I´m afraid I´ll have to wait ´til sunday too (with a bit of luck, maybe saturday).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well yeah, if it shows up on torrents before then. Might not be worth the trouble as there'll be loads of people trying to get it. Probably easiest to just wait until Sunday (I have 4 episodes of season 3 left anyway!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony wrote
    I have 4 episodes of season 3 left anyway!

Let us know what you think of these when finished. biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh, I've already seen it, I'm just going through the DVDs again. tongue The flash forward at the end is awesome. I'm kinda hoping the next 3 seasons (so it's half and half) consists entirely of flash forwards that go ''backwards'' to the moment they eventually do get rescued. That would be cool! wink
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008 edited
    EDIT: SOME SPOILERS BELOW (only for seasons 1-3).

I personally thought season 2 was excellent. In fact, I think all three seasons were excellent, and I can't wait to start watching the fourth. REALLY looking forward to seeing how they work in the flashforwards and what that's all gonna mean!

This said, I can understand some of the criticism of season 2. Not regarding the hatch, though - I have to say I really liked that part. But I do think the tailies could have been better worked into the show. Particularly I hope we get to understand exactly what the hell Eko was all about, especially considering his later demise which is rather sudden.

Libby I kinda liked - I thought it was a nice touch to give Hurley something else to do and a way to anchor him emotionally in the way it has been done with many of the other characters. Anna Lucia was clearly just a vehicle to set up some tension all through the season. While she was definitely not a favourite character of mine, I think she made sense. Bernard -- well he's just annoying, but then again I highly doubt we'll see very much of him in episodes to come.

As for The Others as "cavemen" vs The Others as extremely civilized, I agree we need to get some explanation. To a certain degree. The fact that they were posing as cavemen (the fake beard and the ragged clothes) was clearly a ruse. But what about the people that Eko and Jin saw in the jungle when they were going after Michael? A part of the same plan, or something else? One detail in particular nags me about them: the teddy bear on a string. What the hell was all that about?!

Anyway, I still have faith that we're going to get all these issues cleared up in the coming seasons.

In the past couple of weeks, I've been working myself methodically through the three seasons in order to have them in fresh memory for the season 4 premiere. I'm about a third through season three right now. Next episode (which will be tonight, along with two or three others) is Stranger in a Strange Land" (ep. 9).
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008
    Hehe, I've just got the season 3 finale to watch tonight, and then the extras DVD tomorrow. Then it's Sunday!

Demetris, how's the music in season 4? Did you also think the music in season 3 was just ''clearer'' and sounded crisper than the previous seasons?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Just seen the first episode.

The opening scene isn't as spectacular as previous seasons, until the last seconds bring a shock!
    And that is enough to open the season with the first OMG WTF!

Enough questions are raised. A bit a weird episode because not much happens beyond that.
    It's only next week that the action will start again.

shocked
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Must. Not. Read. Must. Avoid. Spoilers. crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BREGT! I downloaded (and checked all-right for validity, non-fake and all) the first episode but - while i haven't watched it yet, it's only 41 minutes or so, is there a 2nd episode as well?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008 edited
    The first, episode 00, is a rehab f the last episode of the previous season.
    You'll miss nothing when you have s04e01 or 401, which is indeed 41 minutes. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah ok, that's what i have. Is that the one that starts (SPOILER WARNING) with what happened on the last episode of LOST and then a car chase through some fruit stands?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ah ok, that's what i have. Is that the one that starts (SPOILER WARNING) with what happened on the last episode of LOST and then a car chase through some fruit stands?

Yes

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sweet! Can't wait to watch it....have you Erik? What's your view?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I´m watching it tonight after going to cinema for a "Cloverfield" session". Can´t wait! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A-HA! That suite ROCKS! Everyone i know who've seen it, acted liked little babies for that suite! Waiting for your own comments and DAMN i wanna hear it!! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sweet! Can't wait to watch it....have you Erik? What's your view?

Good set up for what the rest of the season is going to be like. And I love the flash forwards. <--- Brilliant idea!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How about the music?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Nothing outstanding in this episode, but lifted the drama up a lot during some emotional scenes.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    How about the music?

Not really. Variations on previous themes but nothing mind blowing!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    .....yet wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    This New episode : over-scored and Over-acted. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    No, it only seems over-acted because you don't know what's in between the present and the future.

As for the score...too much referencing of one theme.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2008
    Nautilus wrote

Do you ever like anything these days, Jordi? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

Good lord.... NO!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Is it any good? sleep
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2008 edited
    I think the first episode was brilliant, great performance by Jorge Garcia and some answers (yes, some answers in the first episode!).
    And, as Erik has said, the flash forwards idea is great, a new way of storytelling. Damn, I want the strike to finish now, me want all the season, not only eight episodes! crazy

Big audience by the way (9.5/14) punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2008
    Well, I've seen the first episode...meh...nothing special at all. Starting with a Hurley episode didn't seem that great. Giacchino's score was too overblown and loud, half the time I was like ''shut up, I'm trying to hear what they're saying''.

It felt like they'd made the same mistake 24 made with Tony but with Charlie instead. ''Oh no, people loved him...I know, let's just bring him back in the first episode!''. Bad.

And I'm not too sure how well the flash forwards are going to work. I didn't know they were going to do them until I saw it, but I suspected they would. They seem kinda iffy, it's like watching it backwards.

I wish they'd introduced the new characters here and not even bothered to bring Naiomi ''back''. I mean she ''escapes'' into the jungle bleeding, and then just gets the radio back and dies. Huh?
    It felt like nothing's happenned and I'm still waiting for season 4 to start...

And Locke or Jack. I say Locke - I hate Jack for actually pulling that trigger. I mean, why try and KILL him?!

Still, some nice new questions to get answers too:

- Who are the Oceanic 6? 3 of them must be Jack, Kate and Hurley, but who are the others? At least one of them is dies off the island hence the funeral scene in 3.23. But doesn't Jack say ''another one'' to Kate at the airport, suggesting more have died?
    - Why did only 6 get off?
    - Why do they (Hurley and Jack so far) want to go back? To rescue the others?
    - What's going to happen to Ben?
    - If they found 815 in the middle of an Ocean trench, what plane was that?!
    - Who are all the ''bodies'' they found on that plane? Surely those people are missing?
    - What about all the Others in that camp on the island? Are they going to come back?
    - How on Earth did Penny get through to The Looking Glass? Is her organisation still looking for the island?
    - How have these people on the boat managed to get there? Are they Dharma returning?
    - How did the original inhabitants of the island get there, and why did Dharma decide to go there?

Pretty good considering they're all from the 3.23 and 4.01. Now I need a more appealing episode where stuff happens unlike last nights. And a season 3 sountrack. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Well, I've seen the first episode...meh...nothing special at all. Starting with a Hurley episode didn't seem that great. Giacchino's score was too overblown and loud, half the time I was like ''shut up, I'm trying to hear what they're saying''.

Well perhaps it wasn't mindblowing, but then again - they did have to pick up the events immediately after the season 3 finale and there were a lot of things to "wrap up". I don't think it was bad to start with a Hurley-episode, though. I liked that.

It felt like they'd made the same mistake 24 made with Tony but with Charlie instead. ''Oh no, people loved him...I know, let's just bring him back in the first episode!''. Bad.

I don't think so. Even though they killed him off, it was pretty obvious he wouldn't be out of the series. If they'd magically brought him back to real life that would have been bad, but that's not the case. That said, it's not like I think we should be seeing Charlie in every episode. That would be kinda stupid.

And I'm not too sure how well the flash forwards are going to work. I didn't know they were going to do them until I saw it, but I suspected they would. They seem kinda iffy, it's like watching it backwards.

I LOVE the flashforwards. What I'm really looking forward to knowing is when the two timelines are going to converge, and if we're ever going to reach a point where everything is in realtime - i.e. will Jack, Hurley, Kate and whoever is left of the Oceanic Six get back to the island to finally wrap things up? I guess only time will tell. smile

I wish they'd introduced the new characters here and not even bothered to bring Naiomi ''back''. I mean she ''escapes'' into the jungle bleeding, and then just gets the radio back and dies. Huh?
    It felt like nothing's happenned and I'm still waiting for season 4 to start...

Yeah, that did seem kind of random. But what the heck..

And Locke or Jack. I say Locke - I hate Jack for actually pulling that trigger. I mean, why try and KILL him?!

Put yourself in Jack's place and try to forget what we, the audience, knows about Locke. He blew up the sub, then joined the Others and finally comes walking out of the jungle, putting a knife in the one person who's going to get them all off the island. And you wonder Jack's pissed off? You wonder he thinks Locke's a menace to all of them? I'm personally surprised no one has tried killing the guy earlier - apart from Ben, that is.

Not that I don't like John Locke, but that's based on what I know as part of the audience. Had I been in Jack's shoes, I'm pretty sure I'd be just about ready to smoke his ass, too.

All that said, I think the Barracks is now a safer place to be than the beach.

Still, some nice new questions to get answers too:

- Who are the Oceanic 6? 3 of them must be Jack, Kate and Hurley, but who are the others? At least one of them is dies off the island hence the funeral scene in 3.23. But doesn't Jack say ''another one'' to Kate at the airport, suggesting more have died?
    - Why did only 6 get off?
    - Why do they (Hurley and Jack so far) want to go back? To rescue the others?
    - What's going to happen to Ben?
    - If they found 815 in the middle of an Ocean trench, what plane was that?!
    - Who are all the ''bodies'' they found on that plane? Surely those people are missing?
    - What about all the Others in that camp on the island? Are they going to come back?
    - How on Earth did Penny get through to The Looking Glass? Is her organisation still looking for the island?
    - How have these people on the boat managed to get there? Are they Dharma returning?
    - How did the original inhabitants of the island get there, and why did Dharma decide to go there?

Pretty good considering they're all from the 3.23 and 4.01. Now I need a more appealing episode where stuff happens unlike last nights. And a season 3 sountrack. dizzy

Yep.. lots of new questions. Fine by me. smile Still don't agree that the premiere wasn't appealing, but I guess that's just a matter of taste. Sure, not very much new happened - but as I said earlier, that's because so much happened in the season 3 finale that they had to continue the story directly. If the premiere had been a two-parter, I'm sure a lot more would have happened. But we'll just have to wait a week for that. smile
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.