• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2008
    And what the hell was Jack's father doing in that house with who I assume was Jacob? confused dizzy
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Anthony wrote
    And what the hell was Jack's father doing in that house with who I assume was Jacob? confused dizzy

Another good question. smile But I have a feeling that this Jacob-character has a connection with the "visions" that people have been having - well Jack's visions of his father anyhow - and with the voices in the jungle.
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ah, but does Jacob exist? Is Christian actually Jacob? WHO WAS THE EYE?! shocked

I can't believe I have to wait 7 days to find out more. I'm not used to this! cry
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Anthony wrote
    Ah, but does Jacob exist? Is Christian actually Jacob? WHO WAS THE EYE?! shocked

I can't believe I have to wait 7 days to find out more. I'm not used to this! cry

I'm inclined to believe Ben's contention that "Jacob is very real" - and I believe the eye that Hurley saw and which scared him shitless was Jacob. I don't think Christian is Jacob as that would make no sense whatsoever. But rather I believe Jacob may be Christian (on the island only of course).

Another question I'm dying to get the answer to: why the hell doesn't Richard Alpert seem to age?! When young Ben met him in the jungle he looked exactly like his present-day counterpart (apart from the slightly more Tarzan hair-do - but then again, it was the seventies biggrin )

Yeah, seven days is a long time.. crazy dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    The eye was most likely just Locke.

He was so far the only one who could hear this mysterious ghost (remember the "Help me!" from Season 3), something that made Ben jalous, causing him to trying to kill Locke.

I think this ghost can be anyone, and like Mogens says, be the visions of the people on the island...
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote

Bingo!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    I like how in the next episode trailer the guy shouts 'i'll tell you why we're here!' but we know in typical LOST fashion it'll take 10 episodes or more to hear what he says smile

I'd say i'm 90% sure that was Jack's dad in the house, and the eye looked like Micheal's (the guy who can't die, the one who killed Charlie)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    I'd say i'm 95% sure though the eye was not Locke's. Sorry!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2008 edited
    John wrote

I was 96% sure it was!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    OK, proof has been posted around the web apparently that prooves it was Jack's dad in the chair. Also, the recent mobisode shows Jack's dad alive and talking to Vincent the dog, take a look!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote

He was so far the only one who could hear this mysterious ghost (remember the "Help me!" from Season 3).

Oh shit, that "Help me" is so fucking freaky. I love that scene - watched it around 1am the other day and when I heard that I just thought "fuck". shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    John wrote
    OK, proof has been posted around the web apparently that prooves it was Jack's dad in the chair. Also, the recent mobisode shows Jack's dad alive and talking to Vincent the dog, take a look!

Where can you see the mobisodes? And yes, the actor who plays Christian was listed on IMDB as being in the episode. I didn't look to see who it was though, I just assumed it was Jacob and they weren't going to show us who he really was. Will need to watch again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Bregt wrote

He was so far the only one who could hear this mysterious ghost (remember the "Help me!" from Season 3).

Oh shit, that "Help me" is so fucking freaky. I love that scene - watched it around 1am the other day and when I heard that I just thought "fuck". shocked

Haha, agree! It happened the same to me the first time I saw it. Very spooky.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    John wrote
    I'd say i'm 90% sure that was Jack's dad in the house, and the eye looked like Micheal's (the guy who can't die, the one who killed Charlie)

I´m with you here. I´ve rewatched the scene and I´m almost sure that was Jack´s dad.
    As for the eye, I also think it´s the guy that killed Charlie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    To any moderator:
    wouldn´t it be useful to type "Spoilers" in the thread title? I assume that everybody posting here is already watching the 4th season, but just in case I think it would be useful. smile

Three days ´til Thursday crazy
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    John wrote

Yes, but as far as I understand it, that mobisode takes place before the start of the pilot! I.e. it's Christian (or his ghost or Jacob posing as Christian) who tells Vincent the dog to go wake up Jack - leading directly up to the start of the pilot-epiode.
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Erik Woods wrote
    John wrote

I'm 96% sure it was!

-Erik-

It ain't ( wink )

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Image:Jac … 1-wide.jpg
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well the person in the chair is definatly Christian Shepard...as for the eye...looks like Desmond (although I highly doubt it is).
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    Seriously, every idiot in the world can see that eye does not belong to Locke. Desmond's more likely but still no. I still think it's Mikael's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    John wrote
    Seriously, every idiot in the world can see that eye does not belong to Locke.

Thanks for wording that sentence so appropriately... ass!!!

Some haven't seen the video still so the viewers best GUESS is based on a few frames from the episode they saw last Thursday. Don't be a jerk.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    John wrote

Some haven't seen the video still so the viewers best GUESS is based on a few frames from the episode they saw last Thursday. Don't be a jerk.

-Erik-

Well, technically his sentence says that only 'idiots' can see that the eye does not belong to Locke...meaning that he is an idiot if he holds this position....also meaning people that do NOT hold the same position are NOT idiots...and thus it was an entirely self-defeating statement.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Erik Woods wrote
    Some haven't seen the video still so the viewers best GUESS is based on a few frames from the episode they saw last Thursday.

-Erik-

Yep. From the actual footage no one would be able to say with certainty who it was or wasn't. Only the still frame gives a hint to who it might or might not be. To me it doesn't look like anybody we know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Mogens wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Some haven't seen the video still so the viewers best GUESS is based on a few frames from the episode they saw last Thursday.

-Erik-

Yep. From the actual footage no one would be able to say with certainty who it was or wasn't. Only the still frame gives a hint to who it might or might not be. To me it doesn't look like anybody we know.

I agree!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    John wrote

-Erik-

Well, technically his sentence says that only 'idiots' can see that the eye does not belong to Locke...meaning that he is an idiot if he holds this position....also meaning people that do NOT hold the same position are NOT idiots...and thus it was an entirely self-defeating statement.

biggrin Well put!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    It wasn't meant to be a harsh comment, promise, just a sarcastic one because that phrase is often used in a jokish way. Well around here it is anyway. Sorry!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    And yes i'm an idiot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Me too. It's fun. biggrin
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    John wrote
    It wasn't meant to be a harsh comment, promise, just a sarcastic one because that phrase is often used in a jokish way. Well around here it is anyway. Sorry!

Alrighty. I apologize for the comment as well.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hehe, did anyone else see Locke's boss at Hurley's box company filming the end of the car chase? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2008
    Okaaay.
    Great episode again.
    Kazoo