• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    Damn, i just saw (just now, i know, i am wayyyyyy behind!) s4e1!!!! I am reading bits of what you're saying (your excitement that is) and i wanna see 'em sooooo bad!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    I love the way they fool us, twisting and re-twisting the plot.
    Nice episode though (4x03 I mean) with lots of good score cues.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Nice reprise to Kate and Sawyer's love theme, Ben's evil (or not so evil?) motif, and the new tragic theme for the "travell outside the island".

Yeah, Ben's Theme (or yeah, motif really) is really something - and I do think it's quite evil, or at least very, very sinister. I want that on CD so bad, dammit! Where the heck is the Season 3 album? (Or maybe, referring to Faraday's thingamajig from episode 3, we should rather ask WHEN the heck is the Season 3 album, heh heh heh) biggrin
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008
    That episode was great, a hell of a lot of twists which I loved. And it made me switch over to supporting team Jack now! wink

So I guess Sayid is the fourth person in the Oceanic 6 (obviously not including Ben). I imagine the room full of money and passports was to do with Ben being able to travel around a lot? And the bracelet thing - Naiomi/Elsa working for one organisation (Dharma? Abbadon the leader?) and now Sayid working for Ben ("Others"?) at war with one another? Is the reason they had a picture of Desmond because he's on their "list" (was the guy who was previously in the hatch Dharma and do they think as Desmond took over so is now their enemy?)

But only 5 more episodes after the hiatus?! That's discraceful. All the other seasons are practically double that. If they keep them all at top quality then I won't mind, but if it goes anywhere near season 2 crappyness...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008
    Aww come on, more people need to watch Lost here! Or at least discuss it - we can go on forever about it! cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008 edited
    Well, i've seen them all too and with the exception of the lukewarm first episode of season 4, the other 2 were nothing short but amazing!

I think that the scary black guy in the suit and Naomi are Dharma and the four in the helicopter are just recruits to go along with Naomi; i don't think they're Dharma in the first place. Their plan was to get in the island, get Ben out with them and drop gases to kill the f*ck out of everyone else on it once they left (that's why the gas masks).

About what we saw in the 2nd episode as "background" stories of the four on the helicopter, i am not sure if they were flashbacks or flashforwards? Apart Naomi's of course which was clearly a flashback, i'd be very interested to hear some more theories on the other four's? I imagined they were flashbacks as well though because Naomi told Desmond when she first crashed on the island in season 3 that they can't be survivors of oceanic 815 'cause they found them all dead in the bottom of the ocean! And on that 'flashback' later on on s04e02 we see everyone getting the news about flight 815 being found on the bottom of the sea with everyone dead in it and getting all emotional, then it MUST be flashbacks then, before the 'team' came on the island and even before Naomi first crashed on it. What i can't understand is why the others got emotional with the news though, the pilot was supposed to fly oceanic 815 himself and he did know the pilot flying that day that's what he told but why the others got emotional with the news?

Also did you all notice the 10minute delay the payload the ship shot to Daniel's coordinates suffered 'till it reached the island and the spot were Daniel was sitting next to the helicopter? And how Daniel insisted that the pilot of the helicopter that flew out of the island followed the exact same route that brought them in the island in the first place? Now, that's some f*cked up stuff!

Anyway, top stuff it is for sure!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It was a 31 minute delay. tongue

But now it's making sense - I thought the ep 2 stuff could be flash forwards but I couldn't work out HOW. As the freighter people all seem to ''know'' 815 and the island but I couldn't understand it. But it's only Naiomi who said ''we found 815''. So what if after carrying out their mission on the island they were brainwashed to forget it, and THEN the organisation Naiomi is working for fake the plane crash in the trench?! dizzy

The whole thing with Sayid working for Ben - now THAT'S messed up! I thought he'd become a secret agent in the first scene. tongue

And I'm there with you Demetris - I HATED the first episode, not what I wanted to see at the start of a season AT ALL.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why would they do that? Isn't those things being flashbacks more logical?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I think they are flashbacks....those being flashforwards is too twisted, even for Lost.
    What I do think is that the plane we see at the bottom of the sea is a fake created by the spooky black guy organisation to make people think that there´s no survivors. Hence Naomi´s surprise when he reaches the island and sees survivors. So even the freighters thought there were no survivors of the plane crash.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Was she really surprised? She doubted Abbadon when he said ''There are no survivors.'' Most importantly, why do they want to cover the plane crash up? How does it affect them? It still seems the whole thing was caused by Desmond not pushing the button, so why are they dealing with the survivors as a problem?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, that's the most likely scenario in mind as well. But deep inside they knew that there were possibilities of finding survivors out there and that's why the brought the gasmasks with them, just in case so that they could wipe everyone else besides Ben out if they found anyone there. And the pilot of the helicopter KNEW that the corpse (possibly a fake one) in the 'fake' plane they showed on tv sitting in the cockpit WASN'T the real pilot of the plane, his colleague.

"so why are they dealing with the survivors as a problem?"

How would they cover them wiping the survivors out elsewhere?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Exactly, WHO are the people on the ''fake'' plane?!

And I always assumed they freighter people were being employed by Dharma and the gas masks were incase Ben and the Others gassed everyone again.....

Speaking of which, where's Richard and the rest of the Others at the camp they were at at the end of season 3?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well i always assumed the masks were for protecting themselves when they attack not for taking cover and defending themselves wink

As for the others, Richard and all, they will show up eventually, i am sure. I have a feeling they will team up with Locke.

And the people on the 'fake' plane are most probably fake corpses as well, imo.

But you know what? The delay of the payload in reaching Daniel and the 'follow the exact same route' warning by Daniel to the heli's pilot are elements that f*ck up every theory we might come up with here. Can anyone think of some explanation that would incorporate the afore-mentioned elements as well?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's pushing it, but it seems island time is slower than normal time. If someone can work out the 31 minute difference for each day then I guess they haven't actually been on the island for 100 days or whatever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, that and something with the heli pilot saying that his fuel run out surprisingly faster or something....i remember he mentioned his heli's fuel quite a few times already.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And what's up with the cabin? What is Locke going back there to find out what to do next? When he went there before he said it was a load of rubbish. More importantly, why can the cabin move around?! confused And I still want to know why Jack's father was in there! shocked

P.S, Heard any music you like Demetris? The intro to the Tunisa flask(back) is my favourite so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Which cabin? Jacob's cabin? If that's the one, he said it was rubbish until he heard Jacob telling him "help me" and then when he saw him; after that he was convinced it wasn't rubbish!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    He saw him?! shocked

Even after hearing ''Help me'' I thought he just believed Ben said it. confused I thought it was Walt that brought him back into action, not Jacob. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    See s4e00. After Jacob started to push back Ben against the wall, the 2nd time the camera goes back to the chair you can clearly see that there's some adult (obviously Jacob and not Walt) sitting on it and i am pretty confident that Locke saw him as well. Afterwards when Ben threw Locke in the pit and shot him, when Locke asked him "why"? Ben replied "because you heard him". I think that Locke is looking for Jacob's cabin and Walter is just a hallucination or something. Except if the eyes Hurley saw in that cabin in episode no.2 (or was it the first one of season 4? Can't recall now) behind the broken window together with Jacob who was sitting in the chair again, were in fact Walt's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony wrote
    He saw him?! shocked

Even after hearing ''Help me'' I thought he just believed Ben said it. confused I thought it was Walt that brought him back into action, not Jacob. dizzy

Rewatch the scene and behold Jacob. wink

(or look for it on YouTube)
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    lol, cool, so there is something there.

I wonder who the man on the boat is?

SPOILER BELOW:

Michael is apparantly coming back, I wonder if it's him?

END OF SPOILER.

Don't spoil me any more than that! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    Anyone seen last night''s episode yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    Yes. The weakest of the 4, but interesting enough to raise another couple of questions. The ending does it again! biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2008 edited
    Wow s04e04 .....Since the first season I was not so in love with the characters. It was long time ago since I feel something like this watching this show....

Dude, this season is going to be the best season so far.

The music...amazing, again "kate's mothel" theme variation was great, but the "kate's love theme" was incredibly touching.

Kate-Jack-Sawyer Chimestri works as hell.

And the ending twist....I didn't see that comming..Im still with my mouth open!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2008
    It took me all the way to the time I was falling asleep the night that I watched it to remember that Claire's baby was Aaron...when I finally figured it out I was like...woah. My favorite part of that episode though...

Miles: "...for 3.2 million dollars."
    Ben: "3.2? Why not 3.3, or 3.4?"
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2008
    Bregt wrote
    Yes. The weakest of the 4, but interesting enough to raise another couple of questions. The ending does it again! biggrin

Disagree complete. Interest was kept from the first moment on. Great twist... questions are being answered yet there are more to ask! Killer end!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008
    Locke's really beginning to frighten me now! "Enjoy your breakfast" - geez, the guy's really gone Colonel Kurtz now!

A bit slow episode, but I definitely wouldn't say it's the weakest so far. Plenty stuff to keep the interest. Very, very interesting to hear Jack's testimony! And the music was excellent!
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008 edited
    Slowest episode of the season. Still better than the first though. Locke is an ass now, I don't like him any more. angry I kind of saw "Kate's" baby turning out to be Aaron, but it was still a bit of a surprise.

Not very many strange things going on this episode. Why does Miles want 3.2 million dollars, where's the chopper, why was a physicist having trouble remembering 3 playing cards and why does Kate have Claire's baby? Nice to see Kate's theme coming back though.

I thought Giacchino's use of sudden key changes for two of the cliffhangers was very clever and worked well (when Kate says ''Don't bring my son into this'' and ''Hey there, Aaron''.

And I'm still very interested as to why they're lying about the crash. dizzy Hopefully that'll be answered in the season finale or something.

And again I ask, where are the other Others?! confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

Disagree complete. Interest was kept from the first moment on. Great twist... questions are being answered yet there are more to ask! Killer end!

-Erik-

Agree with you Erik.

I don't understand why people say is a uninteresting episode...it's pure Lost. You only have to remember the first season (loved by everyone) was only about characters and the relations between them.

Kate and Jack chimestry is still alive!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2008
    Oh...Where is the other's judge from season 3 ??? the women from Prison Break? the hot blonde mature?

Great character!