• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2008
    Yeah, interesting and cool episode, as always, but they keep fooling us, and John Locke is totally Lost (sorry, shame ) as a character. It is a shadow of what he was. What was interesting and misterious before (seasons 1 and 2), is a big joke now.
    Oh, and how many times we have to see the scene where "Ben pisses off Locke - Locke breaks something where Ben can hear it - Ben smiles at the camera with pleasure"?....come on....
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The writers of LOST are friggin' genius i tell you; the ending of s04e04 is one of the cleverest things i've ever seen, it totally blew me away!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2008 edited
    I dunno why but I guessed it at the moment where we see Claire and Kate talking in the barracks.
    Well at least we know that what Kate tells Jack at the end of season 3 ("he waits me at home"), is not about a man but his son; what makes me suspect that Sawyer doesn´t leave the island. Neither Claire of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    His son? Aaron isn't Jack's son.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Sorry, I mean "HER" son.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    For the entire episode I was trying to work out who Kate's lawyer was as I knew I'd seen him in something before...only now have it worked it out...he's Ronnie Lobell from season 4 of 24! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's what 24-itis does to you mate; screws your mind!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008
    I have a whole freaking list of who's been in what:

Jin - Agent Baker (seasons 2 & 3)
    Psycic - President Suvarov (seasons 5 & 6)
    Ben's Father - Joseph Wald (season 2)
    Dave - Human Rights Guy (season 4)
    Ryan (the bald Other) - Peter Kingsley henchman (tortures Jack) (season 2)
    Jack's (Lost Jack's) Father - Bob Warner (season 2)
    Looking Glass Other - Sarah Gavin (season 4)
    Juliet's Ex-Husband - Andre Drazen (season 1)
    Sayid's Officer - One of the three terrorist stooges (season 2)
    An Other that gets blown up at the end of season 3 - Jenny (Tony's girlfriend) (season 4)
    And now Kate's lawyer - Ronnie Lobell (season 4)

24 and Lost are closer than you think. dizzy tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    S04e04

I just why I (we ) love Lost.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Charles Widmore - Vice President Prescott
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh yeah! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    If locke continue being so rude and shooting so much, he really will be close to Bauer's methods for sure.

tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I hate Locke now. He was my favourite character, but since 4.02 he's just been an ass. I'm in full support of team Jack now. And I want to see the freighter! Possible spoiler: I saw a preview of 4.05 and it looks like we might finally get there! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008 edited
    Marselus wrote
    I dunno why but I guessed it at the moment where we see Claire and Kate talking in the barracks.
    Well at least we know that what Kate tells Jack at the end of season 3 ("he waits me at home"), is not about a man but his son; what makes me suspect that Sawyer doesn´t leave the island. Neither Claire of course.

Yes! Why do I get the feeling they abandon Claire on the island with the rest of the survivors but take the baby to ''save'' it or whatever. Jack didn't want to see it, but why? He feels guilty for leaving everyone else there?

I wonder how quickly this will be resolved and if they go back to the island in future seasons to get everyone off? dizzy

What I'm hoping is that we're all completly wrong about these theories and what's actually going on is totally different. That would be clever writing. wink

P.S., Is Aaron now classed as one of the six?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Locke and his team are the new 'others'
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The mastermind behind the whole crash...is AARON!!

Seriously, no one would expect that. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Yes! Why do I get the feeling they abandon Claire on the island with the rest of the survivors but take the baby to ''save'' it or whatever. Jack didn't want to see it, but why? He feels guilty for leaving everyone else there?

That´s what I think too. They abandon everybody in the island for a reason.

Anthony wrote

Good question. I think so, as Kate is no pregnant when they finally leave the island and come back home.
    But the question for me is another one: How does Kate justify the baby as her own?

Anthony wrote
    I hate Locke now. He was my favourite character, but since 4.02 he's just been an ass

Agree; Locke is a complete joke, a shadow of what he was.

Christodoulides wrote

I hadn´t thought it this way, but yes, we could say it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Who do you think is the dead character of the season three finale?
    I´m pretty sure it´s Locke (that would make Locke one of the Oceanic´s Six). What do you think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

That´s what I think too. They abandon everybody in the island for a reason.

And / or a bunch of those left behind also get killed
    wink

Anthony wrote

Good question. I think so, as Kate is no pregnant when they finally leave the island and come back home.
    But the question for me is another one: How does Kate justify the baby as her own?

That's what i've been wondering too. 'Cause if you remember Jack's side (and i suspect the others from the 'Oceanic's six' team) story about what happened on the island with the crash and all, the story they've been presenting the rest of the world is heavily altered and it also appears as pre-agreed between the six. What the fudge happened on the island that pushed them to tell so many lies to the outside world?

Anthony wrote
    I hate Locke now. He was my favourite character, but since 4.02 he's just been an ass

Agree; Locke is a complete joke, a shadow of what he was.

Locke is just confused, he'll find his way very soon i am sure; I still like him.

Christodoulides wrote

I hadn´t thought it this way, but yes, we could say it.

They haven't completely 'transformed' yet, it's just a process that has just started like what happened with the original others; the island will eventually screw their (Locke's) heads though, as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    I´m pretty sure it´s Locke (that would make Locke one of the Oceanic´s Six). What do you think?

Ben.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    That's what i've been wondering too. 'Cause if you remember Jack's side (and i suspect the others from the 'Oceanic's six' team) story about what happened on the island with the crash and all, the story they've been presenting the rest of the world is heavily altered and it also appears as pre-agreed between the six. What the fudge happened on the island that pushed them to tell so many lies to the outside world?

It has to be something really terrible, as they altered / pre-agreed the story as you say. WHAT happened in the island, and WHY does Jack wants to return so badly I think is the point right now.

Christodoulides wrote
    They haven't completely 'transformed' yet, it's just a process that has just started like what happened with the original others; the island will eventually screw their (Locke's) heads though, as well.

Hey, I like that, good point here Demetris.

Christodoulides wrote
    Locke is just confused, he'll find his way very soon i am sure; I still like him.

I really hope so, because Locke is one of the most fascinating charcaters ever created. It would be a shame they destroy it.

Christodoulides wrote
    Ben.

Locke - 1
    Ben - 1
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote

Ben.

That would be quite cool actually. Ben's apparantly ''protecting your friends'' on the island (or perhaps not?), as he says to Sayid. Ben dies, hence why Jack insists they go back to save them from whatever Ben was protecting them from?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008
    s04e05 contains a new score highlight, definitely and without question the best cue of the new season thus far. a "life and death" or "rose and bernard" kind of piece.

and the episode itself is quite good too!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Weird episode.

I didn't liked it very much for some reason.
    Waaay to far off everything.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A "rose and bernard" kind of new piece?!? omg
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    s04e05 contains a new score highlight, definitely and without question the best cue of the new season thus far. a "life and death" or "rose and bernard" kind of piece.

and the episode itself is quite good too!

Great episode, the new "love" theme is superb and the chopper landing motif was amazing. One of Giacchino's best scored episodes and another fabulous episode that answered a few questions but created a helluva lot more! I LOVE THIS SHOW!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    It did feel like a random episode, I had never really understood the end of season 2 with the whole random north/south pole story. Wasn't a bad episode in my eyes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008
    s04e05

The same like the previous 3 episodes ( I didn't like the first one), Absolutly brilliant. Season 4 is going to be one of the best seasons from any show, any time

Man...I thought the time travel thing was one subplot created just for improve the audience from the slight ratings from season 2.... But it's going to be one of the most important things in the show.

I loved the "Black rock-Wildmore-Hanso" thing, if you was losing the faith about this everything in the show was planned from the very beggining, then you are going to belive again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2008
    Nautilus wrote
    s04e05
    I loved the "Black rock-Wildmore-Hanso" thing, if you was losing the faith about this everything in the show was planned from the very beggining, then you are going to belive again!

I have always thought that everything (at least all of the major, story-influencing "mysteries") have been planned from the beginning. So things like that just confirm my faith smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2008 edited
    Just saw 4.05. Yay, Des and Penny's theme returned! cheesy

Aargh, God. That episode messed with my head. I was happy when it was all straight forward flash backs! It wasn't even as if they were flash backs - Desmond was in the present but he kept switching places with himself in the past, and in turn this could affect the present. What happenned to all his past that he had "originally" and why can't he remember any of this? And what's going on with his future flashes?! He's flash-backing into the future?! Gaah, I hate science! Curse you Faraday! crazy dizzy

I still enjoyed it, but it got a bit far fetched. The writers say they're trying to keep everything to a certain level of believeability but this episode took it a bit too far... rolleyes

And damn, I saw the pre-preview for next weeks episode. God damn spoilers. sad

Edit: I think I'm going to just go with "instead of the past affecting the future, it's the future affecting the past". This is an episode we need to watch after a few drinks to make sense of. wink

Second edit: What makes NO sense is if Desmond's 1996 "mind" shifted to 2004, then how could he be told stuff "in the future" and "know it in the past". The writers are in a hole! The writers are in a hole! biggrin dizzy