• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010
    lost s06e13
    another weak episode.

the flashsides are horrible. all is so forced...

the island "plot" is booooooooooooring. Now I'm with Ilana, now with Richard, now with Hugo, now with Locke, now with Widmore, Now with locke again...

They are making time for the last episodes.

THe only good thing is Giacchino new motif for Desmond.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010 edited
    I doesn't feel like much has happened this season. And yes, the sideways is horrible now. slant

This season is just a big nostalgia trip.

Better than season 5 though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote

Better than season 5 though.

I think it's worst than season 5.

Season 5 at least had some sense of danger, happened a lot of things on it , we saw Dharma initiative (even if the guys was too hippie) and we had the time travelling thing wich is one of the keys of the show.

Season 6 only explained to us that Locke is the black smoke. we already knew this in "the incident". ok the numbers are people...that too.
  1. I prefered season 5 a million times to the current season.

So this last episode I was pretty shocked to see that the well that Desmond has been in is actually quite shallow. What the...? Two episodes ago Locke is dropping a torch down it and giving us all the idea that this is basically a bottomless pit. Then he throws Desmond down it in yet another typically (for this season) fake looking scene. Desmond screams all the way down.... The next episode he's, like, 15 feet down in a shallow puddle of water - not trying to climb out or anything, just sitting there.

Seriously, it's like the writers of this show don't even care anymore.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What got me was back a few eps ago Claire said to Jin she knew the Others had Aaron because "My father told me, then my friend told me." (the friend being Flocke)

Then last ep she asks Jack "did he (Flocke) tell you he was impersonating our father?"

There's raising mysteries and straight up changing the story. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    christopher wrote
    I prefered season 5 a million times to the current season.

So this last episode I was pretty shocked to see that the well that Desmond has been in is actually quite shallow. What the...? Two episodes ago Locke is dropping a torch down it and giving us all the idea that this is basically a bottomless pit. Then he throws Desmond down it in yet another typically (for this season) fake looking scene. Desmond screams all the way down.... The next episode he's, like, 15 feet down in a shallow puddle of water - not trying to climb out or anything, just sitting there.

Seriously, it's like the writers of this show don't even care anymore.

I couldn't agree more with you.

LOST writters are genius. I still admire what they did with the show. And i still think all was a GREAT puzzle. Sadly they finished badly this show (I can say that, we have been seen 15 episodes).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Fifth season was a snoozer. 6th is far better.........you people are so hard to please. Lost IS still one of the best tv shows currently running, AND ever.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Fifth season was a snoozer. 6th is far better.........you people are so hard to please. Lost IS still one of the best tv shows currently running, AND ever.

Hard to please? i don't think so...

The Flashsides are so absurd that you wonder where the writters of the first season are...

Being said that. Lost is and it will be the BEST tv show ever.
  2. Lost, in my opinion, is falling victim to what I will call the X-files syndrome. X-files was wonderful in its prime. Every episode was excellent and every episode involving the dreaded alien conspiracy would answer a question and raise two more. It was intriguing and had me totally hooked. Lost was the same way in seasons 1-2, 4 and even in 5. Only the last few episodes of season 3 lived up to previous seasons for me, and this season has just seemed like it is on a completely lower level than all the previous ones, excepting the 3rd. This season could still end up as good as that one if these last few episodes are as good as those were. I'm just worried that, like X-files, the writers have written themselves into a corner here at the end and that the final season is just no where near the same quality that the show had in its far superior previous seasons. All of this I give as my opinion only. Your tastes may differ, but this show for me is most definitely not the best tv show ever.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It should have ended with a high on season 4. We would be gagging for more but at least it wouldn't be tarnished by the abysmal season five and lackluster six. Up until Ab Aeterno I was enjoying this season quite a lot. Still not as much as the first four, but much more than five. But since The Package (arguably the worst episode ever) it's been incredibly mediocre again. I sincerely hope it picks up soon...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010
    The problem is writters keeped the secrets too much in his pocket. They don't want we know how it ends, so they are only making time to surprise us with the final episodes. This is wrong, because when we will know the secrets of lost we will not have time to be properly devoloped.

The flashides (wich are the main instrument to explain what is all about : destiny ) had to be instroduced earlier in the show. The same about Demonds "new mission".

anyway, they had 15 "hours" this season. So they had time enough to explain a lot of things, only they didn't want. I even could like flashsides involving serveral characters (like they did with this weeks episode).

PS:I still have problems to see why they needed season 4 in all this puzzle. I think it was unnecessary.
  3. Nautilus wrote
    Lost is and it will be the BEST tv show ever.

Until Game of Thrones starts, you mean.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Lost is and it will be the BEST tv show ever.

Until Game of Thrones starts, you mean.

No. I mean what I said tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2010
    No new episode then this week?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Good, time to catch up then 'cause last one i saw was ep09! Anything good in store for me up to (and including) the 12th?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    6.10 Worst. Episode. Ever. <<<< me in Comic Book Guy mode
    6.11 Pretty good although feels more like an all over the shop season 5 episode
    6.12 Again, pretty good, preferred it to 6.11
    6.13 Weaker than 6.12 but better than 6.11
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    No new episode then this week?

No, no episode this week.

Christodoulides wrote
    Good, time to catch up then 'cause last one i saw was ep09! Anything good in store for me up to (and including) the 12th?

Yes, a character and a well. A deep one. Or not.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    A certain unexpected but awesome death you mean? I loved that. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Oh god, that too.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I love when crappy characters get crappy deaths. It's the only satisfying part about them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote
    6.10 Worst. Episode. Ever. <<<< me in Comic Book Guy mode
    6.11 Pretty good although feels more like an all over the shop season 5 episode
    6.12 Again, pretty good, preferred it to 6.11
    6.13 Weaker than 6.12 but better than 6.11

The only good or decent episode of all this was 6.11.

by the way the nex episode will be about [spoiler]no one, since it doesn't have any flashside[/spoiler] and the episode 15 will be about [spoiler]jacob and his enemy[/spoiler]
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The Substitute remains the best ep of season six by a considerable way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    The Substitute remains the best ep of season six by a considerable way.

No, happilly ever After remains the best ep of the season six by a considerable way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    I love when crappy characters get crappy deaths. It's the only satisfying part about them.

I hope it's Shannon. I have absolutely, completely despised her since day 1, even before she joined the dark side.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

I hope it's Shannon. I have absolutely, completely despised her since day 1, even before she joined the dark side.

You mean Claire?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah yeah; indeed. I also hated Shannon too so there you go. Both blond, both annoying, both hopefully dead wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I agree. I hate Claire as well. Now and then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010 edited
    Marselus wrote
    I agree. I hate Claire as well. Now and then.

I hate claire too. One of the reasons is because Emile de Ravin is an awful actress.

I hate charlie too. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    I hate charlie too. tongue

Me too. Never liked the character. As dramatic as his death was I couldn't help it but feeling a relief.