• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2008
    Erik Woods wrote

Great episode, the new "love" theme is superb...

Which new love theme? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

I guess he didn't recognize the Penny & Desmond theme as being an existing theme?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Scribe wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

I guess he didn't recognize the Penny & Desmond theme as being an existing theme?

Yeah that's what I figtured. But yes, it is an epic theme. Arguably my favourite. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Anthony wrote
    Scribe wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Yeah that's what I figtured. But yes, it is an epic theme. Arguably my favourite. wink

I think the whole Penny & Desmond storyline is the most "epic" thing in the whole series, at least in the traditional romantic sense ("All you need to survive is one person who truly loves you"). And I love how they played the "reunion phone call" scene....it somehow managed to satisfy all the tension of one and a half seasons of waiting for Desmond and Penny to be "reunited", and without losing all the suspense of what will happen with them in the future because they're not REALLY reunited.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What was with the flashes between Des on the ship and leaving Penny's in London during the phone call? Was that him switching between the two times or just for some stupid story sense?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2008
    Wow!

Finaly one of the big questions answered!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Bregt wrote
    Wow!

Finaly one of the big questions answered!

You bastard, Bregt! wink biggrin (Yeah, I'm just envious because I haven't seen the new episode yet. YET I TELL YOU!).
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    Was it someone on here or IMDB that commented last episode about Charles Whitmore would be a one of the guys behind this? Well, I apologise to them. First thing I did was laugh, and say 'ha, this is LOST, you could say that about any character who's ever appeared!'. Well, I was wrong wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008
    Well...I saw s04e05 six times!

Now I just watched s04e06.....A good episode. A little bit like season2 and season 3 mixed.

Juliett's theme is in my top 3 favourite themes from Lost.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008
    Nautilus wrote

6 times? Why...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008
    Hmmmmmm

http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.htm
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008 edited
    I'm assuming Abbadon is working for Widmore then. I wasn't a huge fan of 4.06. I mean...Widmore?! I'd have been happier if it was just straight out Abbadon. sad

So...assumptions...Ben somehow manages to communicate with the Others (the ones that aren't dead yet) even thought he's captive? Huh? And yay, finally a mention of where the rest of the Others are. I've been wondering ''have they just been at that camp for the whole season?!''.

How does the gas manage to travel around killing everyone? I thought the Purge was done with a few grenades. Won't this kill Ben too? dizzy

Widmore?!

What did Ben mean when he said he wanted to ''exploit'' the island? Does something link Penny-Desmond-Widmore and the island together? Surely it's not just luck that Des washed ashore there. confused

Possible spoiler:

My guess is that Michael is the man on the boat. I know he's going to return next week or the week after. Perhaps the half-season ending?

End of spoilers.

Musical highlights...err, none really this episode. When Jack and Juliet kiss was the best I guess...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

6 times? Why...?

Because it's one of the best episodes ever made for any tv show.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

6 times? Why...?

It was one of the most confusing. 4.03 was IMO the best episode of Lost. Ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

6 times? Why...?

...but 6 times. That's bordering on obsessive compulsiveness.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I must have seen the 24 episode 5.01 at least 15 times. That IS obsessive compulsiveness (but it is the best TV episode of anything, EVER.) tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

6 times? Why...?

It was one of the most confusing. 4.03 was IMO the best episode of Lost. Ever.

The sayid One?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yes! Awesome on the island, awesome in the flashbacks, and a great ending! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Yes! Awesome on the island, awesome in the flashbacks, and a great ending! punk

Yeap!! It's one of the best episodes of the show (but not the best, for me)

The last one...I never was touched by penny-Desmond story, but I have to recognize the last one was really moving helped for an splendid direction ( a brillitant and trepidant rythm).
    Confusing? well...I don't find time travels confusing...I grow up with Back to the future!

How I said, I find this season really, really great..in fact the best 6 episodes with you can beggin with. (except for the first one)

This could be the best Lost Season ever....seriously.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    While the quality of the episodes seems to be better than previous seasons, the length is the real killer for me. sad

25, 24, 23...13?! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus

shocked
    Probably the more developed "Lost" theory I´ve ever read. If only 50% of what it says is true, congratulations to the guy who wrote it. But, as we´ve seen through the years, all the theories have been shattered to pieces.
    Nice try though, and an entertaining reading.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ok, I'm going to stay up late and read that now. I glanced at it at work but it looked long! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Ok, I'm going to stay up late and read that now. I glanced at it at work but it looked long! dizzy

Oh it IS long.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Confusing, but it makes sense. A bit too weird for my liking though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008
    Very confusing. Besides, I think the more elaborated the theory is, the more wrong it is. And we´ve seen this many times in the "Lost" forums through the years.
    Anyway, a way to keep the interest in the show, so welcome.
    You see? This confusion doesn´t happen with "24" biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Confusion is nice as it can lead a story on for a long time. With enough thinking you can pretty much work out a lot of what's going to happen in 24. As long as the writers somehow manage to wrap everything in Lost up (whether it's with one big idea or lots of small ones) then that's cool. I'm just very, very worried we'll be left with lots of questions. They can bring in all the questions they like in the finale episode (like ''why did this character want this?'' etc.) so we have stuff to keep thinking about when it's over. But I hope they answer what they've already brough up (the monster especially!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Confusion is nice as it can lead a story on for a long time.... As long as the writers somehow manage to wrap everything in Lost up then that's cool. I'm just very, very worried we'll be left with lots of questions.

This is my concern too, but let´s have faith in what the creators said since the beginning: that they knew from the first episode what was going to happen, and how the story will end. Amen (I hope...).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, I keep reminding myself that when it goes off in a strange direction. Let's hope their idea of where it will end is a good one! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008 edited
    One thing one can´t deny though, whatever is gonna be the ending and the conclusion: "Lost" is a hell of a fascinating ride that, once it ends, will have filled thousands of posts in hundreds of forums. And not all the series (not at all) can say the same.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yup. And the joy it's brought already. You just have to hope it goes out on a high note! wink