• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    It was silly, but it was very entertaining. The setting took care of that.
  1. And Evangeline I presume?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Timmer wrote
    fommes wrote
    Well, the best stuff came in Season 4 & 5. And it was science fiction all along smile

Thanks, but I'll gladly remain ignorant.

really? It went downhill from season 3 for me
    the first 2 and that amazing opening episode of season 3 are the ones that are worth it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Say people who watch 24 fanatically wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Christodoulides wrote

yes, because it went downhill from season 6, meaning it took them longer to slip that magical rise to the top wink
    ps haven't seen seven nor eight yet, so who knows it might rise again? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Magical rise to crap.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Magical rise to crap.

your loss
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

yes, because it went downhill from season 6, meaning it took them longer to slip that magical rise to the top wink

Well said dude, and S7 is back on track keeping it tense and enjoyable to watch.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Magical rise to crap.

your loss

BACK AT YA ! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

It does (both S7 and specially S8).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  6. Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

It does (both S7 and specially S8).

need to know nothing more than that, thanks bud smile
    just bought season 7 on DVD, so will watch it asap
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    7 is good. 8 doesn't start off well but apparently gets better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Magical rise to crap.

your loss

Not really mate, americans saving the world in Rambo methods again from evil terrrrrrrrsts is not my thing really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    They don't save the world, just the US tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    If movies have taught me anything, the US is the only country worth saving, surely?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, it has Sarrah Jessica parker, for one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    Steven wrote
    If movies have taught me anything, the US is the only country worth saving, surely?

FACT! And when the world needs saving it's the ONLY country that has a plan that will save us all, FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Alan, Lost isn't about the end result, the destination, but rather the whole trip, the characters, their stories and their bond. I always loved that and have no problem with non-solving all the mysteries. It's a rather well known director's game anyway, leaving stuff hanging and unanswered, food for thought and imagination.

I do take back what I originally said about the ending of Lost.

I've just watched the final episode of FlashForward, with it's unresolved ending [spoiler]and second blackout - who didn't see that coming as a finale![/spoiler]. I suppose they were hoping for a second season but that doesn't seem to be happening - yet at least.

I was quite happy not seeing what ultimately happened to all the characters and was pleased with what did happen.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Agent Cody banks would be suitable for musical tortures. Kinda like what they did in Lost, the Dharma people, with visuals. Damn i miss LOST already.

I don't!

Because I'm watching it from the beginning again. On blu-ray.

Christodoulides wrote
    Fuck, that sounds like a brilliant idea; isn't it? Great show goddamnit, why did it have to end now, other far inferior ones keep going for ages.

I'm glad it did end. Lost is not something I'd have wanted to run on for any longer; sometimes less is more. In fact, I think 6 was about 2 too many seasons. I would have liked to have seen things wrapped up on the fourth season, if not the third, and it would have been better if it had been planned from the beginning rather than introducing new elements to the plot almost every episode and rarely getting them resolved. Things got too convoluted and they opted for the easy way out.

Having said that, I'm still a big fan of this show. For all its pitfalls, for all its cons and for all its mistakes, I still love this show. For me, what always made it so watchable was the great scenery, the great acting, the interesting characters and the music from Giacchino. And Kate. I would literally give my left nut to be with someone like Kate.
    Ahem.
    Anyway...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    beer Absolutely LOVED your last comment....yeah, the babe is stunning. That woman is gorgeous.

But i'll really miss being eager and excited each and every week for the new episodes my friend. That feeling, i never got it from anything else on tv before (nor cinema to be precise) and i never was able to connect with any other show since nor do i think i will. It's all the package as you describe it which won me, the music, the characters, the twists, the setting, the mysteries, the babe(s), the great great characters again, the spooky elements, everything in it hit all the right buttons with me.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    the babe(s)

Juliet FTW! Did you see her in the final episode? Of course you did. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Juliet? Really?

Juliet?

Hey man, I don't judge....
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't judge either. But i generally don't have a thing from grandmas at all.
  8. I've watched the first 5 episodes of LOST, and now I understand a little bit of the thinking that led to the final episode of BSG. (Which consisted of annoying flashbacks to melodramatic personal episodes for each of the main characters before they joined the fateful voyage of GALACTICA.) I'll hang in to about episode 8 to see if things get better.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The words 'late' and 'party' spring to mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Michael, do you always take the fun away from everyone?
  9. Ha. My brother has had season 1 on dvd for ages, but I was only going to ever start watching if I heard at the end of the show that it was worth investing the time. I hear that it is, particularly in the 3rd season, but I don't know if I have that much time in my life. THE WIRE awaits.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Ha. My brother has had season 1 on dvd for ages, but I was only going to ever start watching if I heard at the end of the show that it was worth investing the time. I hear that it is, particularly in the 3rd season, but I don't know if I have that much time in my life. THE WIRE awaits.

THE WIRE is TV making at it's most excellent, true quality! LOST? I got about half way through the 4th season, don't bother Michael, go stimulate your brain with some proper quality.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I get the impression that if Michael starts watching it, we'll have yet another Lost ney-sayer on the forum. They're almost as bad as Lost obsessives!