• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thanks to Steven, I think I just had a vision of what might have been... they don't necessarily want people to love the show. they just want them to keep watching it... hmmm... maybe I'd better get out now.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010
    You show great wisdom.

Oh yeah, and watch THE WIRE.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's true that we're wrong for liking this show. We're bad people. shame
  2. Steven wrote

No, no, not at all. I wish I could share in whatever that's all about, but all I meant was that it's probably not a good idea for me to stick with it if I don't like.

Still, I feel to give it a couple more episodes before calling it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    franz_conrad wrote
    I've watched the first 5 episodes of LOST............
    ..........I'll hang in to about episode 8 to see if things get better.

Please tell me you have not read the whole thread and that you don't know what's going to happen in the show.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010 edited
    As long as you can stay away from the season 3 finale spoilers, you're in for a good ride!

Best. Cliffhanger. Ever.
  3. I don't know much about the show except that it doesn't answer many of the questions it raises along the way. wink

(Just kidding - I have actually seen a small number of episodes before, including what I believe is the second half the season 3 finale. This is the one where the flash forwards appear, right? I didn't understand what was going on on the island though at the time. Too much to jump into like that.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    face-palm-mt
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Don't bother then. That's probably the best twist but since you know it it won't have half the effect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I'd say it won't have any effect. Too bad, it's one of the best season finales ever.
  4. Yeah, I don't know about that. It's not uncommon for me to know the entire plot of a film before seeing it. (Particularly for a film where I've read the script before it was shot.) The best films still work even if you do know what will happen next. It's how it happens that really makes it worth watching, or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote

No, no, not at all. I wish I could share in whatever that's all about, but all I meant was that it's probably not a good idea for me to stick with it if I don't like.

Still, I feel to give it a couple more episodes before calling it.

I never much liked it (such peurile writing) but there was something there which kept pulling me back. I can't begin to explain why I watched every episode across several years of a show I didn't particularly like, but I did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How can you keep watching and returning to something you don't like? I don't buy that. You did like it or else you wouldn't return back to it; and it was a very good show; maybe not a great one, but still very good; you might not realize it yet that you actually liked it, or declaring otherwise 'cause it's cool not to like Lost these days but surely this is not the case.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    How can you keep watching and returning to something you don't like? I don't buy that. You did like it or else you wouldn't return back to it; and it was a very good show; maybe not a great one, but still very good; you might not realize it yet that you actually liked it, or declaring otherwise 'cause it's cool not to like Lost these days but surely this is not the case.

I said from episode two of season one that it was crap and while I cooled my tone somewhat as it went on, I always found it more frustrating than satisfying. Much of the writing was awful but I found the premise of the show intriguing and wanted to see what they did with it. I always wished they did more.

To be perfectly honest, it's very rare that I give up on a tv show once I start watching it. I watched every episode of Heroes, for goodness sake. I'm just strange in that regard.
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    How can you keep watching and returning to something you don't like? I don't buy that. You did like it or else you wouldn't return back to it; ...

I can relate to this actually, as I was tearing the pilot to pieces while watching it, yet for some reason I came back for another episode. I tore that one to pieces (someone in earshot would have heard me say - 'god help these writers if she gives birth before the end of the episode') too, and yet for some reason came back again. I haven't particularly liked any of the episode plotlines so far, and yet for some reason I'm giving it more time.
    (Although part of the appeal for me is finding out whether I come to adore Giacchino's music for the show as much as everyone else does just by virtue of watching it. I watch films I don't like reasonably often for the sake of following what a composer is doing.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Southall wrote
    I watched every episode of Heroes, for goodness sake.

shocked shocked shocked

You should be awarded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I said from episode two of season one that it was crap and while I cooled my tone somewhat as it went on, I always found it more frustrating than satisfying. Much of the writing was awful but I found the premise of the show intriguing and wanted to see what they did with it. I always wished they did more.

I agree with that. It's the premise that always had me coming back to it. (And since season 4, I always waited until all the episodes were released before I started watching them. It's far more enjoyable to watch it at your own pace than wait for one episode per week, and far less frustrating.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    Watch the ending of the series today and i loved it; i settled with myself that we weren't going to get any big explanations with this one early in the 6th season and as i didn't expect to get them in a 2 hour episode either, i just relaxed and enjoyed the ride.

And boy, what a heartfelt, wonderful ride it was. Everything i hoped for was in this finale; yeah, it's not perfect by any means, and there's tons of stuff left unanswered but it's up to each and everyone of us to interpret it they way they feel; what i loved in the finale was the utmost sense of closure.

Oh, the music; that ethereal, truly beautiful music.....
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    Indeed, Giacchino's final piece amazingly lived up to expectation.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010
    I avoided this thread like the plague in order to avoid spoilers, but I've finally watched the entire series. I don't know what the general consensus is, but I loved every season. I also enjoyed the finale a lot. And yes, the music was amazing. It's kind of sad knowing that there won't be any more Lost music. At least we can look forward to a season 6 release eventually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Loved it too, the entire show and the finale. Great, heartfelt stuff full of emotions and thoughts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    In short: like the series and the atmosphere, dislike certain core aspects (like the flashforwards and the cop-out finale).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    yeah
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hahaaha made me laugh my ass off! LAPIDDDDDUSSSSSSSSS
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And i am glad to see everyone else hated Claire too lol The polar bear kicks ass!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Good one! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010
    Another fun alternative take wink

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/lost.gif