• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011
    It is nice to be recognized.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorprovostom
    Martijn, the pleasure is all mine! I am a soundtrack fanatic, soundtracks are about all I listen to, so finding this forum... well, it sure killed my day smile
  1. Welcome aboard.

Other soundtrack forums:

MMUK: moviemusicuk.us (pretty much dead)
    Film Score Monthly: But I just saw you post there, so...
    Intrada.com (Intrada Records): intrada.net/BB2php/index.php
    John Williams Fan: jwfan.com
    Jerry Goldsmith Online: jerrygoldsmithonline.com/forum

That's pretty much it. The IMDB "Scores and Soundtracks" and "Composers" forums are lacking, and the Movie Music forum just sucks.

And if you ever switch composers or have to pass on a score, reast assured, you'll be getting a PM from me. ;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011 edited
    Welcome Tom! Excellent selection of composer!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. justin boggan wrote

The forum might be dead, but the reveiw site definitely isn't! :D
  3. Absolutely right.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Jon Broxton wrote
    justin boggan wrote

The forum might be dead, but the reveiw site definitely isn't! :D

True! It's a shame about the forum, it used to be very busy at one time and had a very good off topic board where many of us discussed classical/pop/jazz music and the like.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorprovostom
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2011
    Great stuff, gentlemen, thank you! Happy to connect with you all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011
    smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011
    Wow that's a nice surprise thank you for stepping
    In I will make sure I will check the movie out too !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorprovostom
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2011
    Thank you, Chris! It would be great to hear your honest take on the movie... the audience really splits down the middle on it smile Loved your website, too, btw!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2011
    thanks ! Will make sure i will watch and listen. Great choice for a composer smile keep up the good work !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. I'll have to admit I knew nothing of this score or movie a few weeks ago, but after reading the movie review in the current CT magazine and reading Tom's review of the score I'll certainly have to check out both. The movie sounds really different. Plus, Mira Sorvino is always great! I loved her performance in "Like Dandelion Dust."
    •  
      CommentAuthorprovostom
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2011
    sdtom wrote
    http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/the-presence/

The review of the Conrad Pope score. Excellent!

Thomas, have you seen this? I wasnt sure if it was done with your permission or ?

http://thedigitpost.onsugar.com/Grammy- … e-19911921
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2011 edited
    provostom wrote
    sdtom wrote
    http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/the-presence/

The review of the Conrad Pope score. Excellent!

Thomas, have you seen this? I wasnt sure if it was done with your permission or ?

http://thedigitpost.onsugar.com/Grammy- … e-19911921

That's an almost word by word copy of Tom's review, but without his name. I'm sure Tom wouldn't allow that.

This is just unbelievable!

Thanks for pointing out.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2011
    I certainly feel that they should at least give me credit. I don't mind if my material is reused as it is good for the sales of the soundtrack but
  5. sdtom wrote
    I certainly feel that they should at least give me credit. I don't mind if my material is reused as it is good for the sales of the soundtrack but

now your name's added, at the article below. Wasn't that there before?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2011
    nope
  6. I'd mind if the person who plagarized it got paid for the article. Did the guy get paid?
  7. justin boggan wrote
    I'd mind if the person who plagarized it got paid for the article. Did the guy get paid?

If he gets paid to gather together a whole bunch of material from across the web into his blog then I see that as being fine. Even if he hasn't attributed it to anyone, but as long as he doesn't claim it as his own work.

Giving credit to Tom and apologising should now be the end of the matter.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn