• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorchrish738
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011
    Hi,
    I just joined here, linked from a review someone wrote and posted about on the Film Score Monthly board. I currently am contributing soundtrack reviews for their monthly magazine, and since I've seen people contribute reviews to this web site, I was wondering if I could do the same. I enjoy writing about film scores and I am looking to expand my writing portfolio. If this is possible, please let me know. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    could you link one of your reviews from FSM to us?
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorchrish738
    Sure. Hold on:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/fsmonline/story.cfm?maID=3238

I may have two reviews for the next issue coming up, of Mark Isham's DOLPHIN TALE on Varese, and the recent La La Land re-release of Jerry Goldsmith's SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY. Please let me know if you got the link. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I couldn't get the link to work confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011 edited
    Here!
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/fsmonli … ?maID=3238

But you have to be an FSM Online subscriber to read the review.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorchrish738
    It's a subscription-based website, I forgot to tell you. I could email you a copy of the article, if you'd like. Sorry about that.
    • CommentAuthorchrish738
    I do have one question, though: how does it work in regards to what I review here? Am I assigned something to review, or can I submit my own reviews for scores I pick? I ask mainly because I review new releases for FSM, and I have seen people review older releases here recently. Just wondering.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm sure Bregt will tell you everything that you need to know when he gets in touch with you!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    I'm sure Bregt will tell you everything that you need to know when he gets in touch with you!

-Erik-

And I'm sure he will
  1. chrish738 wrote
    I do have one question, though: how does it work in regards to what I review here? Am I assigned something to review, or can I submit my own reviews for scores I pick? I ask mainly because I review new releases for FSM, and I have seen people review older releases here recently. Just wondering.

I would say that it can be a bit of both. If there is something you fancy doing just go for it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I get to pick and choose what I feel comfortable with
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    I try to go for the stuff that has not been covered too much by the major review websites.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorchrish738
    KevinSmith wrote
    I try to go for the stuff that has not been covered too much by the major review websites.

That's mainly what I'm going to do, I'm not really reviewing any new releases like I do for FSM, probably just the ones I am familiar with, like things that have been released a long time ago, scores I admire, etc. Congratulations on your review being published, Kevin. Your link on the FSM board brought me here. Thanks.