• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I have had a look around too but cannot yet find a store that lists it and that used PayPal.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I have had a look around too but cannot yet find a store that lists it and that used PayPal.

Nope. I can't find anywhere where accepting PayPal and selling the album coincides with one another.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2013
    Hi everyone,

To avoid any possible confusion: I changed the thread title from an earlier thread I made so as not to unnecessarily crowd the forum.

I recently recorded music for a new film, about the true story of two young sisters who poisoned and murdered their employees in the mid 18th century. They were sentenced to death by the royal court in Copenhagen, and executed in front of a crowd of several thousand people outside a small village in southern Norway. The story has been retold in many varieties, and inspired litterature and scholars ever since. The Macedonian radio symphony performed the music, for string orchestra and harp, and the premiere is September 13th in selected cinemas here at home. Television broadcasts are likely to be scheduled in the near future.

Anyway, I uploaded my website with a preview sound bite from the score. The first half of the opening cue, titled "København, 1771". The total amount of music recorded is 35 minutes, and the Macedonian musicians and technichians we collaborated with really gave the score a first class performance, and me a delightful experience listening in from our studio!

my website is: www.markcandasamy.no smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, I caught that clip. Sounded great. I was surprised they had that kind of money at their disposal for such a local production? Even if it isn't a full orchestra, I assume it's a bit expensive?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oooo, wow!
    I have no option to listen here, but will do at a later moment in time.

In the meantime, I'd be interested to know if there is a release planned for your score?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Thor, I'll be writing you a mail concerning funding issues you might be interested to know about. And yes Martijn, a release is on the way, but can't reveal much about details at this time smile
  3. Great to hear that more of your music is being released.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Nice to hear that, Alan smile
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2013
    Good news for anyone interested in this score:

http://moviescoremedia.com/coming-soon/

mc
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2013
    I am thrilled to finally announce the digital release of "Anne & Alet", from MSM records.

http://moviescoremedia.com/anne-alet-mark-r-candasamy/

"In 2013, MovieScore Media released a score from a Nordic documentary feature, Tale of a Forest by Finnish composer Panu Aaltio, which subsequently won the ‘Best Documentary Score’ International Film Music Critics Award.

Our contribution to the race for the title this year comes from another Nordic composer, Mark R. Candasamy from Norway. His orchestral music for Anne & Alet, a theatrical documentary feature about the infamous poisonings carried out by two sisters in Øyestad in the 18th century, is an exercise in emotionally charged but extremely elegant and romantic orchestral writing where the composer’s knack for interesting harmony goes beyond what you’d expect from a period piece. The orchestrations are exquisite (the strings are very richly textured) and the themes highly engaging, and the dramatic highlights are scored with great maturity. As a bonus, the album features a concert setting based on the film score."

MovieScore Media/Kronos Records MMS13020 • ANNE & ALET (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Music Composed by MARK R. CANDASAMY
    Release date (digital): December 17, 2013
    Release date (CD): TBA

TRACK LIST

1 Main Title 2:06
    2 Copenhagen 1771 1:49
    3 Anne and Alet 3:14
    4 18th Century Arendal 2:41
    5 The Drifter 2:58
    6 Anne Goes Home 2:00
    7 Trial 4:08
    8 The Riverbanks of Nidelven 2:42
    9 The Crowd Gathers 2:20
    10 Knackerman 2:28
    11 Finale: The Execution at Øiestad 3:30
    12 Epilogue: Hope 2:10
    Concert Suite from “Anne and Alet”:
    13 I. Prologue 1:50
    14 II. Tema & Intermezzo 2:03
    15 III. The Riverbanks of Nidelven 3:35
    16 IV. Finale 3:33
  4. Well done Mark! punk
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Thank you, Alan smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wow, very cool! Congratulations. cheesy
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Thank you, Bregt. It is a thrilling recognition, and escape from a low-key film composer's anonymous everyday-hood!

On another note, I actually received CD copies of "Den Hengte Mannen" a couple weeks ago at a dinner party. They were stored away in the producer's attic. But I hesitate to send one to you as initially agreed, as the recording technique probably sounds worse than any record I've ever heard! I just won't stand for it quality-wise. Extreme budget cuts at an expensive, irreversible cost! A re-recording of a few essential cues may be doable one day, however. Just have to keep working hard to make those music budgets good enough smile