• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Besides composing, what other weird things, or stories, do we know about composers?

This is all I could come up with -- feel free to add more:

Angela Morley ... according to what I have read ... had a sex change operation. angela now, but then... (John Williams passed orchestrator/ghostwriter).

Isham is part of that crazy batshit cult of scientology.

during an interiew with "COPS" (FOX TV show), they asked about celebrities being on and the guy only mentioned one name: Jack Nitzsche
    Said he recalled him drunk and waving a gun around in the air.

What can you think of?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2007
    Clint Mansell had his dick cast by notorious 60's rock chick 'Cynthia Plaster-Caster shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKing Rao
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2007 edited
    justin boggan wrote

Angela Morley ... according to what I have read ... had a sex change operation. angela now, but then... (John Williams passed orchestrator/ghostwriter).

Isn't that also the case with Mr./Ms. Wendy Carlos?

And what Williams scores has Morley supplied with ghostwritten material?
  2. Most famously the claim is he/she did the E.T. flying passed the moon sequence.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Someone who smokes too much weed I would imagine.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    You know what, I can think of at least a dozen composers who are gay and who cares?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I didn't even think it was worth mentioning. It's the same as saying John Williams was wearing a white t-shirt when he was conducting, say, War of the Worlds... it's incidental and unimportant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAndy
    moviescore wrote
    You know what, I can think of at least a dozen composers who are gay and who cares?

I agree 100%. And I surely don't see why something like Ottman being gay should be included in a topic about "weird" facts about composers. I'm sorry, but that's not weird. If Ottman had, uhm... say, three nipples, now THAT would be weird!
    Cookie monster
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Andy wrote
    moviescore wrote

I agree 100%. And I surely don't see why something like Ottman being gay should be included in a topic about "weird" facts about composers. I'm sorry, but that's not weird.

Now, Justin knows how to be ignorant and rude.
    To say it in such way, is even more disrespectful.

Justin, think three times before you post.
    Thank you.

I removed your comment.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007
    justin boggan wrote
    Most famously the claim is he/she did the E.T. flying passed the moon sequence.

I don't know about composing the Over The Moon sequence but he/she did come up the the 10 note motif heard in "The Chase" cue heard during "Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye."

And parts of Return of the Jedi were ghostwritten by a few composers whos names have escaped me. Wasn't one John Morgan?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. I can only say who *hasn't* ghostwritten on Return. Thomas Newman just orchestrated a cue.

Morgan or Stromberg once mentioned Fred Steiner as one of ghostwriters somewhere - either ET or Return
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Most famously the claim is he/she did the E.T. flying passed the moon sequence.

I don't know about composing the Over The Moon sequence but he/she did come up the the 10 note motif heard in "The Chase" cue heard during "Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye."

And parts of Return of the Jedi were ghostwritten by a few composers whos names have escaped me. Wasn't one John Morgan?

-Erik-

As Pawel says, Morgan once said Fred Steiner did some of it. How do you know about the Morley/ET thing? Have I missed that somewhere along the way? (I do like to keep up with these things!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    How do you know about the Morley/ET thing?

Tim Simonec told me during the Underground sessions. Broxton told me the same a few weeks ago as well.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. DId Simonec work with Morley/Williams? :ignorant:
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    PawelStroinski wrote
    DId Simonec work with Morley/Williams? :ignorant:

What the hell kind of comment was that?

Since hearing it from Simonec I've heard and read about it countless times from other composers and industry insiders.

-Erik-
  5. I'm ignorant about who Simonec has worked with. It must be an insider knowledge, which I don't neglect, I just wonder if he had "direct" knowledge (by working with one of mentioned people). All I know of Tim Simonec is that he works with Revell and Giacchino!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I'm ignorant about who Simonec has worked with. It must be an insider knowledge, which I don't neglect, I just wonder if he had "direct" knowledge (by working with one of mentioned people). All I know of Tim Simonec is that he works with Revell and Giacchino!

But that doesn't mean that he doesn't associate himself with other composers in the industry.

-Erik-
  6. No, it doesn't. I just wish I knew more though biggrin .