• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2012
    NP : HELLBOY - Marco Beltrami

Great score! I just can't figure out why he wasn't asked to score the sequel.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Lionheart Jerry Goldsmith

This or First Knight? It's very hard to choose a favourite between the two. (Both chosen for obvious reasons.)
  1. The Egyptian Herrmann/Newman

One of the greats! The Varese release from last year is great and I'm pleased to have it but for my money i prefer the Stromberg/Morgan rerecording, it's a fantastic selection of tracks and it sounds stunning!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

This or First Knight? It's very hard to choose a favourite between the two. (Both chosen for obvious reasons.)

FIRST KNIGHT for me! I didn't even have to think about it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

If I can remember correctly, Del Toro wanted to work with Elfman and Hellboy 2 was the best project for them to collaborate on.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

If I can remember correctly, Del Toro wanted to work with Elfman and Hellboy 2 was the best project for them to collaborate on.

-Erik-

Now that you mention it I do vaguely remember.

NP : THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK - John Williams

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think we should each patent our particular ways of writing our 'NPs'. Anyone caught using someone else's will face strict disciplinary actions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Except if it's Krull.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KRULL
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2012 edited
    La Filler Du Puisateir Alexandre Desplat

Very lovely, but also very short.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

FIRST KNIGHT for me! I didn't even have to think about it.

First Knight for me to, one of my very favourite Goldsmiths. The La La Land release is a revelation.
  3. Steven wrote
    La Filler Du Puisateir Alexandre Desplat

Very lovely, but also very short.

I don't mind the shortness actually. A good 20 minute score can go a long way.

NP: Shame (Harry Escott)

Very 'Journey to the Line'. But I like it.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2012
    NP: The Journey of Natty Gann - Horner

Beautiful music made all the more moving at this time as we had to put our dear Alaskan Malamute 'Max' to rest this morning. He reminded me of the wolf in the film. I love the music of Horner at sad times like this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Atham wrote
    NP: The Journey of Natty Gann - Horner

Beautiful music made all the more moving at this time as we had to put our dear Alaskan Malamute 'Max' to rest this morning. He reminded me of the wolf in the film. I love the music of Horner at sad times like this.

Sorry to hear that. We had to put our husky down last year as he was suffering from a bad reaction to a previous operation. It's not nice. They're more than just pets; they're friends who don't judge!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    That's so true Steven! Thank you.
  4. Sorry to hear that, Atham and Steven.

Ramin Djawadi - Medal of Honor

Djawadi's best. I even got used to the quite atrocious rap song (Enemy Down) on the album. It actually is one of my most listened scores in the series.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Sorry to hear that, Atham and Steven.

No need to be sorry for me! It was a year ago. Atham's the one who's had it happened recently. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm so sorry to hear that Atham sad

And belated condolences to Steven.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Thank you. It's been a hard day.
    Most of the time I've been trying to NOT think of sad James Horner scores just to keep my composure!
    But I had to play a bit of Natty Gann which was timely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    American History X - Playing to Win - Anne Dudley

punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk
  5. Ramin Djawadi - Safe House

Not good. Survivable, but hardly good...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Cristian wrote
    American History X - Playing to Win - Anne Dudley

punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk

Great track on its own but I thought it was all wrong in the movie! Why is the music so bloody triumphant?!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. I think that Anne's music highlights the basket scene like a battle and the triumphant bit highlights the joy of the winners, and it was neutral to what's the reason of the game what did the winner achieved.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yonythemoony wrote
    I think that Anne's music highlights the basket scene like a battle and the triumphant bit highlights the joy of the winners, and it was neutral to what's the reason of the game what did the winner achieved.

If that's what it's meant to be then it's a misfire IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yonythemoony wrote
    I think that Anne's music highlights the basket scene like a battle and the triumphant bit highlights the joy of the winners, and it was neutral to what's the reason of the game what did the winner achieved.

The tone is all WRONG!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good music though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Indeed!

-Erik-
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    yonythemoony wrote

The tone is all WRONG!

-Erik-

The film ends up a bit earnest (with that cooing boys choir), but I admire the gamble in that scene, to try something so ironic.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It just rubs me the wrong way... but maybe that was the intention.

Anyway...

NP: Tron: Legacy - Daft Punk

There isn't a week that goes by where I don't play this score! Fan-f__king-tastic!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Erik Woods wrote
    It just rubs me the wrong way... but maybe that was the intention.

I think it was the intention. I felt very uncomfortable watching that scene for the first time.

Is MainTitles slow, or is it me?
    Kazoo